Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Mar 17, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #331 of 471
IMHO SPDIF in or out is worse than USB in and HDMI out- which IMHO is the best option.
Truly depends on the SPDIF bridge you are using. My Pink Faun SPDIF Bridge V1 beats both JCAT USB XE and Pink Faun USB Bridge V2 to my liking on the DI20HE. I can not hear USB the same again after experiencing the SPDIF Bridge V1.

I use I2S out on DI20HE. The ACSS and SPDIF outs sound a little too clean/thinner(suspecting the cables)

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #332 of 471
I spent a lot on the wireworld PURE OCC silver HDMI cable (platinum Starlight 48). Nothing compares.
I will look for it thank you

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #333 of 471
Truly depends on the SPDIF bridge you are using. My Pink Faun SPDIF Bridge V1 beats both JCAT USB XE and Pink Faun USB Bridge V2 to my liking on the DI20HE. I can not hear USB the same again after experiencing the SPDIF Bridge V1.

I use I2S out on DI20HE. The ACSS and SPDIF outs sound a little too clean/thinner(suspecting the cables)
I think the DI24He with updated firmware is a very different beast to the DI20HE. Closer to my Grimm MU1 than my DI20HE

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #334 of 471
I think the DI24He with updated firmware is a very different beast to the DI20HE. Closer to my Grimm MU1 than my DI20HE
I am excited for it myself for the R8H2. However I spent some of the money on network, which I don´t regret 1% because the impact is overwhelming.

But it is really great to see the firmware being released, and I want to wait even more to see if Kingwa will give the same option of 75 input instead of the 50Ohm input when it is in "spdif" firmware. I want 2x 75Ohm input.

Is clock input disabled on that firmware?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #335 of 471
I have nil external clock so don’t know sorry. I use the DI24HE to externally clock dac and etherregen

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #336 of 471
I spent a lot on the wireworld PURE OCC silver HDMI cable (platinum Starlight 48). Nothing compares.
Really? Did you compared also with Tubulus Concentus I2s HDMI?

Mar 19, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #338 of 471
wrong thread

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #339 of 471
Question:

Will the DI-24 allow a PC to sound as good as a dedicated streamer?

The "dedicated Streamer VS PC" issue is often on my mind. I have a fanless PC powered by a ultra low noise linear PS and optmized for audio to the degree possible by eliminating everythng running in the background not related to audio--- but many still say a dedicated streamer will be better.

But I think if I had a dedicated streamer- then the DI-24 would be unnecessary as many of them already have HDMI output which is isolated.

So I guess my question is can a PC with DI-24HE be as good as something like a Eversolo DMP a8?- a reasonably priced highly rated streamer?

Has anyone done comparisons of dedicated streamers to PC with DI-24HE?

Mar 20, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #340 of 471
Question:

Will the DI-24 allow a PC to sound as good as a dedicated streamer?

The "dedicated Streamer VS PC" issue is often on my mind. I have a fanless PC powered by a ultra low noise linear PS and optmized for audio to the degree possible by eliminating everythng running in the background not related to audio--- but many still say a dedicated streamer will be better.

But I think if I had a dedicated streamer- then the DI-24 would be unnecessary as many of them already have HDMI output which is isolated.

So I guess my question is can a PC with DI-24HE be as good as something like a Eversolo DMP a8?- a reasonably priced highly rated streamer?

Has anyone done comparisons of dedicated streamers to PC with DI-24HE?

I run a special distro of Windows 11 made in NTLITE. I am surprised I have never had issues so far. ....

On to the server. YES!...YES! it can compete with a mac mini teradak and more expensive streamers! - Saying this with a RTX4070!

Here is a list I think you should have in check.

1. PSU: Corsair AX1600i. This one changed my streamer to a totalt different beast(from RM750). It wins all measurement just google it. It is the Ripple/Transient King!

Talking about TRANSient. It is the only one with GaN transistors. It is soo good I sold my LPSU and using custom molex - DC cables from it...call me crazy yes :)

2. You won´t eliminate the DI24 or DI20. I even know this from a fully custom server that cost 6 times more than mine. The DI20HE just does something to the music nothing else can make. I know a lot of people say they can eliminate a DDC. The DI20HE is not a DDC, it is a maschine!

3. If you are a streamer. Get the Afterdark X1 PCIe ethernet adapter. I have been using this for a long time with OCK2 and Alibaba clock. It beats and mobs the floor with the onboard i225 Intel, which is officially crap anyway though.

Buy a decent motherboard you don´t need the most expensive one. The Pink Fuan UItra has a MSI Tomahawk B550. All the secrets of the sound is elsewhere OS and PSU etc.

I thought power conditioning was everything like 100% but network man! just do it!_----
4. On the part which is last for a reason. Get the network together. I am still in shock why I did not do this before. Check my signature...I am adding 1 more CBS220. Such a sweet dark and ripe sound! - it made the R-1 NOS turn into a much more authority sounding and even more sweet top bass notes, that pops out of the stereo image.

5. Put the computer on only DC filtering. don´t go over board with power conditioning. I even tried a Torus Power and it made it worse. DC filtering was the best.....maybe a ONfilter as you already know them?

Just PM me for question I do also have: JCAT USB XE, Pink Fuan USB Bridge V2, Pink Fuan I2S Bridge V2, Pink Faun SPDIF Bridge V1

----

Corsair AX1600i is KING! and the Afterdark X1 brings the blackes background. two of the most important part to get the streamer going!

*All my network is powered by Corsair AX1600i. Master clock will also be added.

*If I were to upgrade I would go for Farad ATX or maybe the JCAT ATX because it has the PCI express output for gaming, for an efficient gpu. :L3000:

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #341 of 471
I run a special distro of Windows 11 made in NTLITE. I am surprised I have never had issues so far. ....

On to the server. YES!...YES! it can compete with a mac mini teradak and more expensive streamers! - Saying this with a RTX4070!

Here is a list I think you should have in check.

1. PSU: Corsair AX1600i. This one changed my streamer to a totalt different beast(from RM750). It wins all measurement just google it. It is the Ripple/Transient King!

Talking about TRANSient. It is the only one with GaN transistors. It is soo good I sold my LPSU and using custom molex - DC cables from it...call me crazy yes :)

2. You won´t eliminate the DI24 or DI20. I even know this from a fully custom server that cost 6 times more than mine. The DI20HE just does something to the music nothing else can make. I know a lot of people say they can eliminate a DDC. The DI20HE is not a DDC, it is a maschine!

3. If you are a streamer. Get the Afterdark X1 PCIe ethernet adapter. I have been using this for a long time with OCK2 and Alibaba clock. It beats and mobs the floor with the onboard i225 Intel, which is officially crap anyway though.

Buy a decent motherboard you don´t need the most expensive one. The Pink Fuan UItra has a MSI Tomahawk B550. All the secrets of the sound is elsewhere OS and PSU etc.

I thought power conditioning was everything like 100% but network man! just do it!_----
4. On the part which is last for a reason. Get the network together. I am still in shock why I did not do this before. Check my signature...I am adding 1 more CBS220. Such a sweet dark and ripe sound! - it made the R-1 NOS turn into a much more authority sounding and even more sweet top bass notes, that pops out of the stereo image.

5. Put the computer on only DC filtering. don´t go over board with power conditioning. I even tried a Torus Power and it made it worse. DC filtering was the best.....maybe a ONfilter as you already know them?

Just PM me for question I do also have: JCAT USB XE, Pink Fuan USB Bridge V2, Pink Fuan I2S Bridge V2, Pink Faun SPDIF Bridge V1

----

Corsair AX1600i is KING! and the Afterdark X1 brings the blackes background. two of the most important part to get the streamer going!

*All my network is powered by Corsair AX1600i. Master clock will also be added.

*If I were to upgrade I would go for Farad ATX or maybe the JCAT ATX because it has the PCI express output for gaming, for an efficient gpu. :L3000:
The Cisco CBS220 is a standard ethernet switch with uplink on Gbic module? Correct?

did you compared with "Audiophile Greade" switch like new Gustard N18 or SoTM ?

What's about I2s HDMI cable?

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #342 of 471
The Cisco CBS220 is a standard ethernet switch with uplink on Gbic module? Correct?

did you compared with "Audiophile Greade" switch like new Gustard N18 or SoTM ?

What's about I2s HDMI cable?
I know it "beats" one for sure, not mentioning names anymore. I have to learn that things work or don´t work in my system.

So I had one audiophile switch. The CBS220 with a good PSU just have a distinct sound, and it feels it adds to the music.

I have not played with any tweaks(LAN side) yet like Voice VLAN and QoS but I will when I have the 3. one in. I have only turned off the EEE/Powersaving

Basically my idea was to improve anything before the router. So i put one in the to eliminate the noise from power. I found out everything on the ISP/WAN side is horrible after the improvements. The third one is for the fiber connection between fiber box and ISP/FMC. I want to see if one more CBS220 can regenerate the fiber signal.

If you decide to buy one, put it before the router only if it has SFP module. If not it actually sounds amazing on the endpoint/streamer also

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #343 of 471
I use windows server 2019. Windows server has many less background operations than Windows 11 or 10 and results in less jitter.

In addition, I optimize the OS with Audiophile Optimizer and Fidilizer which remove around 70-80% more of programs and processes not related to audio and result in improved sound.

I have all the fancy network switches as well with ultra low noise power supplies.

I also have a seperate PC- galvanicaly isolated from my streaming PC to store my music. I download all streaming music to it's SSD- which is way better than streaming direct.

I think Audrivana beats any player I ever heard on a PC by far.

Those are my thoughts... but honestly- ther are many ways to go about all this........ and get great results.

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #344 of 471
I use windows server 2019. Windows server has many less background operations than Windows 11 or 10 and results in less jitter.

In addition, I optimize the OS with Audiophile Optimizer and Fidilizer which remove around 70-80% more of programs and processes not related to audio and result in improved sound.

I have all the fancy network switches as well with ultra low noise power supplies.

I also have a seperate PC- galvanicaly isolated from my streaming PC to store my music. I download all streaming music to it's SSD- which is way better than streaming direct.

I think Audrivana beats any player I ever heard on a PC by far.

Those are my thoughts... but honestly- ther are many ways to go about all this........ and get great results.
You are in for a treat if you try Server 2022. It supports directx12. It is like a fully Windows maschine :) I decided to stay on Windows 11 as I also prioritise gaming and just normal desktop experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back