Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Mar 16, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #301 of 485
I don't understand what you are trying to prove. It doesn't fit in the scope of discussion correcting your error which I rightfully did and it seems is uncontested.
I really don't get you, sorry. You assumed i was using SPDIF. I am not. The thing is it seems like the sound quality improvement mentioned in the release notes for the new 24 fw does not apply only to the SPDIF outs because i perceive better delineation using i2s.
My next point was to say that i believe that noise went down on the di24he's outputs. That's all.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #302 of 485
I've ordered the Altera USB Blaster. It should get here in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to playing with both new firmwares. I can use the SPDIF input so hoping it sounds just as good as the other new firmware.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #304 of 485
Can someone explain step by step how to install the new firmware... Please...
If you have problem with driver of the blaster. Try use a usb hub right before it.

No need to open the new models the DI20/24HE already can be connected in the back. The manual is old but still has the same principles

Attachments

• Audio-GD - DSP UPDATE - Manual.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #305 of 485
Can someone explain step by step how to install the new firmware... Please...
You have to get an altera qprogrammer distribution (zip). For this, you need to register with altera.

Then install the proper Windows driver for your usb blaster (instruct windows to look for it under then Altera folder you just created) .

Start the qprogrammer. Then follow Kingwa's procedure.

More useful info there

http://audio-gd.com/R2R/Quatusinstall.htm

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #306 of 485
In addition to using I2S out to the Musetec DAC, I'm also using SPDIF out to the VTV D300 "Power DAC". Here too I heard a nice improvement over direct digital out from the Lumin U1 Mini with LPS mod. Sounds were better delineated and again the music snapped into place better.

On the Aune SC1 clock, I'm currently using its AC input for power but it also can take a 12V input. I have plans in the execution stage to get super clean 12V DC fed into the clock. I'm hoping this again takes the system to another level.

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #307 of 485
You have to get an altera qprogrammer distribution (zip). For this, you need to register with altera.

Then install the proper Windows driver for your usb blaster (instruct windows to look for it under then Altera folder you just created) .

Start the qprogrammer. Then follow Kingwa's procedure.

More useful info there

http://audio-gd.com/R2R/Quatusinstall.htm
Is the process the exact same as the DI-20? I did that 100 times.

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #309 of 485
I just did the update. Exactly like DI-20. It took less than a minute.

One thing I do not understand. There are two downloads. One is for better SQ, the other for SPDIF input. Can you do both? Won't one override the other?

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #310 of 485
I just did the update. Exactly like DI-20. It took less than a minute.

One thing I do not understand. There are two downloads. One is for better SQ, the other for SPDIF input. Can you do both? Won't one override the other?
No. But the one with spdif input likely has the other improvements.

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #313 of 485
Firmware is only one at a time. I would think and hope that the two new firmwares are exactly the same except for the Multiduty-IN. Putting my engineering hat on, that's how I would do it but of course exceptions exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back