Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Mar 13, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #286 of 485
using 75ohm cable on a 50Ohm Masterclock?

Or possible to get the Aune in 75Ohm configuration?

Looking at the documentation for the the Aune SC1, it wasn't 100% clear what the impedance of the outputs were. However, there was one spot in the manual that said when connecting the Aune SC1 to the Aune S9C DAC use a 75 Ohm cable. So this would suggest the SC1 is 75 Ohm by default. Aune also makes another clock perhaps a level above the SC1. Confusingly, this model is named S1C (flip "1" and "C"). The advertisement for the S1C says it supports an adaptive impedance so a 50 Ohm or 75 Ohm cable can be used. Perhaps my SC1 clock also supports adaptive impedance but I'm not sure. The ads and the manual don't define this feature so I'm leaning toward no.

I did try the expensive 75 Ohm cable with the filter with sine wave into the 50 Ohm clock input of the DI-24HE. This may have been slightly better than the cheaper 50 Ohm cable but in this application, the 50 Ohm cable will stay. The 75 Ohm cable is about 389 times more costly than the 50 Ohm cable!

One configuration I do want to try is 75 Ohm cable sine wave into the 75 Ohm input of the DI-24HE but this time use the filter (this filter is 50 Ohm). I'm hoping this is just a sideways move because I am trying to sell this cable.

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #293 of 485
I flashed the new fw version. The regular one, not the one with the spdif input. I was wondering if the improved sound quality was just for SPDIF DOP. I think after having listened for a while that there is indeed an increase in clarity. Some detail in the background are better delineated. Nice.

I also recently added Oyaide R0s on the AC paths to the DAC, di24he, clock and streamer. I now get more flesh on the bone. The gtx-d ncf (r) and is probably the best choice to add air and details but the Oyaide R0 has a more natural signature, and is no slouch with resolution and really has a meaty presentation (but not greasy).

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #294 of 485
I flashed the new fw version. The regular one, not the one with the spdif input. I was wondering if the improved sound quality was just for SPDIF DOP. I think after having listened for a while that there is indeed an increase in clarity. Some detail in the background are better delineated. Nice.
Do you mean S/PDIF between DI24HE and HE-7? Or R2R-11mk2? If former, then how clock is delivered?

Mar 16, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #296 of 485
Still with i2s and He7 mkii
It means R2R-11mk2 and you have a model with isolated USB. S/PDIF port doesn't go through isolator. It explains why sounds better on S/PDIF, assuming a good source.

I must say, it is specific situation for this model. It can be different result on R1/R28 NOS models where all input ports go through the same silicon isolator chip. And different to all upper models where USB isolation is more advanced.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #297 of 485
It means R2R-11mk2 and you have a model with isolated USB. S/PDIF port doesn't go through isolator. It explains why sounds better on S/PDIF, assuming a good source.

I must say, it is specific situation for this model. It can be different result on R1/R28 NOS models where all input ports go through the same silicon isolator chip. And different to all upper models where USB isolation is more advanced.
Yes. We'll see. With the he7 mkii, it is logically just a matter of how quiet the signal is since timing is redone.

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #298 of 485
Yes. We'll see. With the he7 mkii, it is logically just a matter of how quiet the signal is since timing is redone.
Well, hold on. Website say something different. It says 'synchronous' clock, but description makes it clear that Kingwa talks about asynchronous USB transfers where there is no need to redo timing. It applies to all current models from R-8 up:
USB uses a two-way transmission isolator, which not only transmits IIS signals to the FPGA processor, but also receives the synchronous clock signal sent by the FPGA processor. The USB interface itself is no longer equipped with clocks. The synchronous clock is applied to make the signal transmission more accurate and upgrade sound quality to an excellent level.

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #299 of 485
Well, hold on. Website say something different. It says 'synchronous' clock, but description makes it clear that Kingwa talks about asynchronous USB transfers where there is no need to redo timing. It applies to all current models from R-8 up:
I use i2s to the dac. On the di24he side, the usb sender is slave, of course. So jitter can be very low. In my case, all is synched with a common 10M clock. So noise is what matters, at least this is my understanding.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #300 of 485
I use i2s to the dac. On the di24he side, the usb sender is slave, of course. So jitter can be very low. In my case, all is synched with a common 10M clock. So noise is what matters, at least this is my understanding.
I don't understand what you are trying to prove. It doesn't fit in the scope of discussion correcting your error which I rightfully did and it seems is uncontested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back