Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Apr 5, 2024 at 2:25 AM Post #436 of 471
Yes. Especially an ext. clocked streamer like the ustars c19. I think the UIP could also be beneficial in my setup. It could likely make the usb signal even more silent. When you reach a great level of silence, every little thing makes a difference. For instance, i have a Zerozone pt-500 to feed my sw8 and usbridge sig (used as file server) and I just replaced the Aucharm receptacles in it by Copper Colour Berylium ones. This made a clear difference. I can't be sure at this point but I think they are as good or better than the Oraide r0s. Crazy hobby.
Agree on all fronts. That power makes a big difference, that the quality of clocking makes a surprisingly big difference, even for devices with packetised asynchronous input and output like a switch or USB regenerator. I was slightly concerned that my OTT tweaking of the ethernet chain might now be redundant with the effectiveness of the UIP rather than the pure ethernet chain to my DAC/streamer. I shouldn't have worried.. the removal of the second of the tungsten cubes stacked on the OCXO of my SW-8 was audible as a slight flattening of soundstage and dynamics. Given the early results with the UIP I am now even more seriously considering a switch with an external clock input.

Edit 💡 - just realised I've had such a switch/FMC under my nose all this time. A quirk of the Rosanna's design is that it incorporates a single SFP input to single RJ45 output switch which operates independently of the Diretta streamer. Both the switch and streamer boards are externally clocked.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #439 of 471
speaking of the UIP, I read that it is possible to set the master clock input to 50 or 75 ohm... is this a setting that must be done manually?
From Beatechnik's response to my question about the default settings of the internal dip switches there is no internal 50/75 ohm dip switch and, if I interpret their comment accurately, the UIP's input impedance is fixed at 50ohms. Interestingly the two dip switches are I) GND (equiv to OCK-2 ISO/GND I guess) and ii) CAP - meaning a capacitor in/out of circuit. The CAP setting is new to me in LHY products.

Screenshot_20240406_055252_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #441 of 471
No comparison from Holo Red as a DDS and Audio GD DI24HE? With my Holo Spring 3 KTL could be "natural" go to Red, also a bit cheaper... but I don't know...
I'm surprised no Holo Red vs DI-24HE myself.

I own the di-20he, and holo red, (also audiobyte hydra-z).
No brand loyalty for me, just looking for the best stuff. Hopefully somebody compares the two soon.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #442 of 471
Not quite that comparison, but for those interested I will shortly be comparing my new, and most excellent, LHY UIP to the Innuous Phoenix USB which another member is very kindly sending to me to try for a few weeks. I understand he has a DI-20HE, so will no doubt in due course be able to comment on the two of them (I'll reciprocate by offering him a loan of the UIP) vs and/or in combination with the DI-20HE.

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #443 of 471
I'm surprised no Holo Red vs DI-24HE myself.

I own the di-20he, and holo red, (also audiobyte hydra-z).
No brand loyalty for me, just looking for the best stuff. Hopefully somebody compares the two soon.
Somebody has a system/perception of their current build. Soo many factors that it is a waste of time.

Just by the DI24HE

Apr 10, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #445 of 471
Im letting burnin
my di24he for about 190 hours... I hope the low frequencies settle down soon because at the moment I don't like them at all. swollen, very swollen
R-1 NOS was a mess it started to shine 600hours.

The lowend was too immense

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #447 of 471
Ooh. It is the diretta part thats challenging setup?

Getting diretta set up with the afterdark bridge is pretty easy. If you have a PC, you install the ASIO drivers and open the dashboard to find the bridge on your network. Same if you're using linux. If you wanted to have a direct connection to diretta from your computer, you could do that as well. There's a guide here if you're looking to do that.

https://patatorz.com/2021/05/09/eng...ou-need-and-how-to-setup-the-configuration-2/

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #448 of 471
Getting diretta set up with the afterdark bridge is pretty easy. If you have a PC, you install the ASIO drivers and open the dashboard to find the bridge on your network. Same if you're using linux. If you wanted to have a direct connection to diretta from your computer, you could do that as well. There's a guide here if you're looking to do that.

https://patatorz.com/2021/05/09/eng...ou-need-and-how-to-setup-the-configuration-2/
Can I bridge two diy computers?

I am building a playback/endpoint server. Maybe this is interesting.

How much is license for one?

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #449 of 471
Can I bridge two diy computers?

I am building a playback/endpoint server. Maybe this is interesting.

How much is license for one?
I need to bridge the gaming computer into my audiophole server which is also a DIY computer.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #450 of 471
@OCC7N It depends on what your audio server is running. A lot of people are using a rpi and load gentooplayer + diretta. Gentooplayer is ~ $70 for the license and diretta is $100. The beauty of the target is to have something that is low power and low noise to have the lowest noise floor possible. All the processing happens at the host (PC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back