Audio-GD DI-20
May 12, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #4,831 of 5,348
That is. Basic rule. Install and uninstall drivers with USB cable unplugged from PC.

Re: VM. Can you install 32-bit Win7 image?
I remember reading about installing the driver before plugging the device from a Philips ToUcam Pro webcam manual back in 2003. Since then I plugged my devices before installing the drivers and no BSOD as far I as I remember. Even the DDC itself was plugged on USB before installing the Amanero driver :) no problem

Still, I haven't tried installing the USB blaster driver before plugging it so I will come back after I have tried :)

Will try a 32 bit Win7 too thanks

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #4,832 of 5,348
Some further tests on Windows 11. I installed Quartus v17 (standard or pro this time, I don't remember exactly, instead of lite as I previously did). I chose to install the USB blaster II at the end of the setup.
Then I go to device manager, update the driver with the one in the driver folder of Quartus.
Blue screen saying PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

I boot the computer, after a few seconds on the logon screen I get the same BSOD.
I unplug the DDC and boot again, no BSOD. I plug it, bam. BSOD. I uninstall Quartus v17, I plug the DDC and, relief, no more BSOD.

I install Quartus lite v22 as I did before, the USB blaster is not recognized. I had this behavior on my previous v22 install.

Will try another USB port and another version of Quartus tomorrow
Can't remember the details any more, but it might help, read my brief review of the DI20HE reflash:
https://www.dastereo.ru/t/usb-konverter-audio-gd-di-20he-chto-za-zver/66288/548?u=igor375375

Jun 9, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #4,833 of 5,348
As far as I2S pinout, it's a good question. Audio-gd uses the PS Audio standard (if I remember correctly!) and the diagrams are found on the website here http://audio-gd.com/R2R/DI20HE/DI20HEEN_Use.htm at the bottom of the page. Unless the guys at Shenzhen/Gustard can advise you regarding Audio-gd pinout, you just have to compare your X26 pinout to the 4 options on the Audio-gd page.
@gimmeheadroom
luckily I found this post, actually looking for a HDMI cable recommendation for a hopefully soon to be bought DDC.

since I know you're a 💯 Pro and I didn't get straight, fully satisfying answers from Magna or Gustard, could you please take a quick look to compare the pinouts of the DI20HE and the X26pro?

No perfect match for my eyes... I'm aware of pin 15 and that I would have to modify it if I were to replay DSD files of which I actually don't have a single one!
Mode 2 should be it, but what about pin 19? what do you think? thanks!

Attachments

• x26p_i2s_pinout.PNG
    x26p_i2s_pinout.PNG
    408.5 KB · Views: 0
Jun 9, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #4,834 of 5,348
Mode 2 should be it, but what about pin 19? what do you think? thanks!
Mode 2 is OK, af far I can tell, including pin #19. It is duplicating function of #17. One is enough.

Jun 9, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #4,835 of 5,348
Mode 2 is OK, af far I can tell, including pin #19. It is duplicating function of #17. One is enough.
enough grounds, I see thanks

Jun 10, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #4,836 of 5,348
Just ordered my DI20HE should be shipping later today :) .. I currently have a Denafrips Iris DDC and was considering going to the Gaia but
i think this will be even better. for less money and wanted to play around with the 10mhz master clock as my SOTM streamer has this input as well.

Regarding external clocking what is the view on the OCK2? i would probably use the Gustard C2 cable. Is the master clock worth the investment?
the OCK2 is more in my price range vs something like the SOTM master clock that runs to 3.5k USD.

My current DAC's don't support external clocking but i was considering clocking the DI20HE, SOTM Ultra Neo and SOTM TX-USBUltra and possibly
the V2 Gen Etheregen when it starts shipping..

My first HeadFi post after years of lurking should be an exciting ride...

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #4,837 of 5,348
Just ordered my DI20HE should be shipping later today :) .. I currently have a Denafrips Iris DDC and was considering going to the Gaia but
i think this will be even better. for less money and wanted to play around with the 10mhz master clock as my SOTM streamer has this input as well.

Regarding external clocking what is the view on the OCK2? i would probably use the Gustard C2 cable. Is the master clock worth the investment?
the OCK2 is more in my price range vs something like the SOTM master clock that runs to 3.5k USD.

My current DAC's don't support external clocking but i was considering clocking the DI20HE, SOTM Ultra Neo and SOTM TX-USBUltra and possibly
the V2 Gen Etheregen when it starts shipping..

My first HeadFi post after years of lurking should be an exciting ride...
The Harnonic Technology is a better clock cable for the same money. You can't go wrong with the ock2.

Jun 10, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #4,840 of 5,348
Jun 12, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #4,842 of 5,348
Quick one on shipping from Audio-GD. Do they usually ship within a day or so of ordering? I've placed my order Sunday morning NZ time after getting
the full quote from AGD. The final email i have from them is that they will provide tracking details once shipped (this was Sunday).

Tues morniing here and nothing yet. Do they start the 100 hours burn-in from the time you submit an order? or do they have units ready to go?...

Maybe i'm being impatient :)

Jun 12, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #4,843 of 5,348
Quick one on shipping from Audio-GD. Do they usually ship within a day or so of ordering? I've placed my order Sunday morning NZ time after getting
the full quote from AGD. The final email i have from them is that they will provide tracking details once shipped (this was Sunday).

Tues morniing here and nothing yet. Do they start the 100 hours burn-in from the time you submit an order? or do they have units ready to go?...

Maybe i'm being impatient :)

It really depends. Kingwa is honest as the day is long (and it's summer in the northen hemisphere :) ) so there is nothing to do but think happy thoughts.

Be patient and you will be rewarded! Did you get the DI-20 or DI-20HE.

Jun 12, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #4,844 of 5,348
It really depends. Kingwa is honest as the day is long (and it's summer in the northen hemisphere :) ) so there is nothing to do but think happy thoughts.

Be patient and you will be rewarded! Did you get the DI-20 or DI-20HE.
I got the HE version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back