Audio-GD DI-20
Oct 3, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #4,186 of 5,353
Hi greetings !

How is the LHY Clock so far ?

Best !

Hello :)

I'm sorry, I don't have it...at the time of that post there was European distributor. I plan to get one later. 2 or 3 guys here did already.

Oct 5, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #4,187 of 5,353
I just did it.
Has taken me five days to pull the pin (and sold an amp and a pair of headphones to help pay for it).

So just ordered an LHY OCK-1 from Beatechnik, and a Gustard C2 from Australia.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #4,188 of 5,353
For what it's worth LHY warn against buying from Aliexpress (i got mine from LHY though a little more expensive), as there's no authorized vendors on there, though I've disregarded that advice for one of their other items.
I have a hard time finding there powersupply in europe:
https://www.beatechnik.com/product-page/lps80va

This says 80VA. If I choose 15V it will deliver 5.33A right?

Oct 5, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #4,190 of 5,353

They have European distributors now so you could just email them.

Personally I'm very against external power supplies. There's a healthy toroidal transformer in the LHY clock, if I get the LHY I'll use the internal power supply.

Oct 5, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #4,191 of 5,353
Oct 5, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #4,192 of 5,353
They have European distributors now so you could just email them.

Personally I'm very against external power supplies. There's a healthy toroidal transformer in the LHY clock, if I get the LHY I'll use the internal power supply.
its actually for my Chord TT2. Just wanna try and see if it can improve

Oct 5, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #4,193 of 5,353

Click on the specs tab of that page at the bottom. Shows specs for a range of voltages if not 15v. Looks like those 80va options all calculate to around 60va rather than 80va (not sure why), so the 15v would be around 5A. Edit - meant 4amps!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #4,194 of 5,353
Click on the specs tab of that page at the bottom. Shows specs for a range of voltages if not 15v. Looks like those 80va options all calculate to around 60va rather than 80va (not sure why), so the 15v would be around 5A.
15x4=60VA =4A?

If this is true its perfect.

EDIT: But this looks really good: 3 outputs: DC DC and USB
https://www.kecesaudio.com/P8.html

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #4,196 of 5,353
Hello I am having my DI20 (non-HE) with me for a year. Keep following the post here and pleased to learn from the sharings.

Learnt the positive comment from some of you, I ordered a LHY OCK-1. Waiting for its arrival after the long Chinese holdiay, I'm lucky the unit will be sent from LHY 4 hours driving distance away from my place.

Will share my listening experience when got it connected.
Some background info: it’s the first external clock in my system. I heard about how an external clock makes changes to sound quality but most of them cost over USD1,000 like the Cybershaft, Mutec, Grimm. No budget to try these.

The OCK-1 arrived earlier. It has been working together with my DI-20 for around 5 hours – with the power cord came with the package, a Black Cat Digi-75 75ohm BNC cable that is the only digital cable I have on hand. Plan to do some listening to it during the burn-in period then consider to purchase a 50 ohm one.

Impression: The improvement is noticeable, I describe it as a “fog remover”. Without changing the tonal balance and the your system’s presentation on “taste”, it gives:

- more solid outlines and imaging
- particular well in lower bass definition
- clearer layers. Depths both to the back and in front of the speakers.
- greater transient speed
- simply more real, not only the instrument itself but kind of telling the actions

After first 3 hours listening, I replaced the fuse (only a pc of 1A fuse at the IEC inlet) and it gave another change. Not to share here because change of fuse is more to personal tastes.

It’s all about a good valued product in the expensive HiFi world.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #4,197 of 5,353
OCK-1 arrived yesterday and I concur with the previous poster. For me sinewave sounds better, probably system synergy or due to BNC cable (Cybershaft semi rigid).

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #4,198 of 5,353
OCK-1 arrived yesterday and I concur with the previous poster. For me sinewave sounds better, probably system synergy or due to BNC cable (Cybershaft semi rigid).

That's a classy DAC you have there too, good to hear the OCK-1 can play well at that level. (Edit - I was thinking of the new DAC 200, but hear the DAC 8 is strong too)

If you haven't already try hooking the clock up to both your DDC and DAC, preferably with identical cables. I did this arvo for the first time, albeit non-matching cables, and resolution went up several notches. The Cybershaft cables sound the way to go for well priced performance.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #4,199 of 5,353
Unfortunately DAC 8 DSD doesn't have word clock input. However for next DAC upgrade definitely a consideration.

Oct 6, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #4,200 of 5,353

Users who are viewing this thread

Back