Audio-GD DI-20
Aug 10, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #1,861 of 5,351
My DI20HE is USB in i2S out to PS Audio DSD. First I changed from Parallel to Series, I thought it's smoother.
Yesterday I had bit headache and Serires sounded bit irrigating, then I switched back to Parallel. I thought there's more body, low end and articulate, hence bit more engaging this time.
It might sound different to me next time :smirk:

Same here. Have been listening for longer without fatigue after switching back to parallel.

Thought I was the only one, now I'm glad I'm not alone!

Aug 10, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #1,862 of 5,351
For those waiting for me to compare the usbridge to the rpi4b+, i will be able to do the comparison soon. I did not want to stick heatsinks to my pi as the chassis i had ordered for it had heat dissipation built-in. So should be this weekend (if Canada Post stops paranoing with the long-gone threat and gets back to speed). Given how good the di20he is, that will be interesting to see how big a difference there is. Also, with the SimpleBest psu, the gap could be even narrower. If the pi ever wins, i will install it inside the Simple Best probably. We'll see.

Aug 16, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #1,865 of 5,351
I'm going to upgrade i2S cable as Kingwa recommended it's more apparent affect than USB cable.
My option might be from Tubulus Argentus RAL or Phasure HDMI cable.
But if anyone would kind to share their HDMI cable exprience please?

Using cheap hdmi will give that smooth euphonic undetailed sound. I use the old revision QED reference 1 which is out of production for years but brings a very detailed and balanced sound. Bought it after some research. I think the newest QED would do also fine, they never disappointed me with their speaker cable / interconnects.

Aug 16, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #1,866 of 5,351
Just received my Di20 90/98M hooked it to my R2R11 via I2S, wowow!!
It's the most natural sound I've ever heard, not the most resolute as it's still the R2R11.
My mind needs to adjust to the level of realism.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #1,867 of 5,351
Aug 16, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #1,869 of 5,351

I have yet to find a HDMI cable I'm completely happy with. However I would rank my cables in this order:

WireWorld Silver Starlight 30cm, slight treble glare, my favourite overall.
WireWorld Chroma 60cm, soundstage isn't great being my longest cable, Kingwa's favourite cable.
WireWorld Island 30cm, grainy sounding.
Belden FE 30cm, slow and muddy, moderate treble glare.
Moshou 50cm, huge treble glare, grainy, my worst cable overall.

USB cable also made a big improvement for me, connecting my streamer to my DI-20HE. As do power cables especially on the DAC and power amps.

Getting the HE1 in a few weeks, my opinion might change by then, it's all about synergy.

Aug 18, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #1,874 of 5,351
USB is also crucial, on one setup, the supra usb is unbearable to listen with it's flat bright uninspiring sound, on other setup it's alright. YMMV.

To be fair the Supra USB does sound a bit more open than stock USB cables, but you're right it is quite bright. It also has no bass (like stock USB cables) and I found it rather grainy sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back