Audio-GD C2.1 and Grado RS2i...........Match Made In Heaven Or Keep Looking?
Mar 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #16 of 28

Quote:
That's the good thing about the C-2.1, it has ACSS which is neutral which can be bright for the Grados but it also has an option to go RCA using for example the Moon OPA through RCA which is more softer, tube like musical presentation (according to Audio gd). 

But having said, that, tubes are the best but for solid state, audio gd is a good compromise. 

Although I only logged a handful of hours on the DI,NFB-2,C-2.1, I did not find my infamously bright Grado 325is to be bright. In fact, the highs are better controlled and instead of sounding harsh, it is more detailed. I am using ACSS with DIR9001 on my NFB-2.

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #17 of 28

Quote:
Wow vince, 6 posts in 8+ years....Nice!!!!!!

I need to stay away from this place too....lol

Well, I own the RS2 and C-2 and can say Grados sound great from the C-2.  As sling posted, I have the Moon installed atm...Gives it a hint of warmth...

It might take him a while to respond
devil_face.gif

Peete.

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #18 of 28
Well, I was starting to think I had this Amp/Dac thing figured out...........

Now I'm hearing about ACSS. I have no idea what this is. It sounds proprietart to Audio-Gd and for me this maybe wouldn't work. I like the idea of being able to use whatever DAC has my interest for the moment.

In any event, thanks for the responses. I'm going to read up on ACSS and try to make a decision. Still may do the MAD even though it's double the price.

The late response is due to much travel and late nights.

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #19 of 28
Hi,

just migrated from spkrs setup to headphone setup recently.
Was wondering is there any obvious difference between C2 and C2.1.

Just received mine a couple of day and saw the front face plate printed C2..
Did they sent me a wrong headamp????

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #20 of 28
No. Quite a few of the newer DACs were sold with an older model number on the faceplate at a discount too after the sudden inability to source the DA chip forced Kingwa to design new models.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #21 of 28

Quote:
Hi,

just migrated from spkrs setup to headphone setup recently.
Was wondering is there any obvious difference between C2 and C2.1.

Just received mine a couple of day and saw the front face plate printed C2..
Did they sent me a wrong headamp????

Mine says the same. You can tell by looking into the amp through the vents, if you see the red WIMA capacitors then you have the C-2.1.

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #24 of 28
The chassis may say C-2 but only the 2.1 version is in production.

Peete.

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #25 of 28
Noticed that as well on mine. Both the internal letters say C2 and the case. I don´t remember where I read this but between which inputs could you get channel leakage? 

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #27 of 28

Quote:
guys do you think the akg k701 would go well with the nfb2 and c2.1 combo?

Should be a really good combo.

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back