Audio GD and too many dodgy Beresford threads
Jun 27, 2009 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

1UP

1000+ Head-Fier
Is it just me or don't there seem to be a spate of Beresford threads in the equipment forums recently, with lots of junior-headfiers jumping in with what looks like the same kind of BS shilling from Herandu and DC Lee

Am I the only who gets cheesed off with this guy's vandalism of our forum?

And here's another thing, is the same phenomenon happening with Audio GD as well, and does anyone have a problem with it? I've not read any of their related threads, but half the reason for that now is cause I see it in the title and CBA to wade through 50 page posts by the same guys. It's weird to me.

Just want to get my bearings from other members on this.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 46
Could it be that maybe they are just good products and people want to let everyone know this?

Beresford's DAC's do sound very very nice. They deserve some shilling.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beresford's DAC's do sound very very nice. They deserve some shilling.

Wow! You endorse their dishonest manipulation of threads that got them banned? You think that's good for our forum??
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #4 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! You endorse their dishonest manipulation of threads that got them banned? You think that's good for our forum??
frown.gif

I didn't see any dishonest manipulation and I wouldn't endorse it. I just think they make good products.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #5 of 46
I'm confused, are you talking about people from companies piping up about their products?
I've seen sennheiser do it a lot. Yes, it annoys me a lot... particularly when it comes from brands that dont need their brands glorified by staff members.
I like the way neko audio handles themselves - they provide great information that almost makes me want to send some money to them rather than "lol this is good man"

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #6 of 46
I don't wish to talk about Beresford or Audio GD specifically, but the amount of shilling Herandu has done to this forum is nauseating. I'm using present tense because I can never be sure if that person has truly left.

Jun 27, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #8 of 46
I started a couple of the threads and I understand your concern. If you (or anyone) have an issue or questions with my starting those threads and the reason for it, PM me. Read my posts first though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #9 of 46
I don't think your alone in your feelings but I've learned to ignore a lot more than some people. It's about picking the more important arguments and lately the FS/FT problems seems to be more out of control and of concern to me.

I came to Head-Fi with the understanding it was a community of people wanting to share in the love of all things headphones, audio and music. I had hoped that would bring more honesty too. On all fronts.

Jun 27, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #10 of 46
I think the thing is, whenever someone under 100 posts makes a thread saying anything good about Beresford products, he is automatically labeled a shill/fraud/whatever. Honestly, try and be objective when you want to call someone out.

Jun 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #11 of 46
I purchased audio-gd products based on many posts over many months, but in purchasing the c-2c and dac 19 don't remember reading any posts from people that felt to me like shills. If there are shills for audio-gd then there must be alot of them.

Jun 28, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #12 of 46
I think everyone on here with Audio-GD gear has paid for it, is very happy with the goods themselves, and extremely happy with the customer service they have received - I'm on of them.

People buying goods, liking them, and being vocal about it - that's a good thing. Word of mouth from many owners is a fair way to get a general consensus about the sound quality and overall experience. This is a good thing IMO.

Multiple accounts made by people who haven't purchased the goods, just to promote the product in question - that's really bad, and should be eradicated where possible.

They are two very different subjects, and - IMO - it is wrong to mix them interchangeably. What about the Stax brigade? How vocal are they?
wink.gif

~Phewl.

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #13 of 46
I'm not saying they're the same at all - what could be the same as that loon opening multiple accounts and shilling with that infuriating and bipolar writing-style, pretending to be an owner for whom english wasn't their second language?
triportsad.gif

But I'll ask another question - aren't we at the point where Audio GD should be looking to get their own forum with MOTD status? I'd also feel a bit more comfortable understanding what Currawong and Pricklely Peete's relationship is with the company. I would simply appreciate some clarity here as it looks fuzzy to someone who's not read each one of those mega-threads in which they contribute heavily.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #14 of 46
there really does seem to be saturation bombing with certain brands.

I don't like it either. it skews things, unfairly. oftentimes, the products are NOT that good ('have you HEARD them?' the shills cry).

its not just you; my BS detector has been hitting over 7.5 lately, too, with all these brand-boy (lol) posts.

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #15 of 46
I have made notice of that.
Having no real interest in the products I have not bothered reading into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back