Audeze SINE Series
Jun 28, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #4,472 of 4,775
Can someone rec me a cable for the Sine DX that has a 2.5 balanced connection? I been looking at the Meze cables and for the price they seem great. But I'll have to order them into Aus. So I'd appreciate other options and if they can be of good quality with low cost, even better 😊👍🏻

Jul 16, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #4,473 of 4,775
I'm thinking of getting some of these as they are cheap now and i notice that people pad change on them. Is it a straight swap or is there modding to be done?

Jul 16, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #4,474 of 4,775
I'm thinking of getting some of these as they are cheap now and i notice that people pad change on them. Is it a straight swap or is there modding to be done?

For certain pads, they can be installed without the 3D printed ear pad clip that was somewhere in this thread. The Sennheiser Momentum 2 over-ear pads fit the triangular earcup shape without much issue. I would think others like the M50X sized pads and Creative Aurvana Live! would fit them just fine.

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #4,475 of 4,775
Bought one new for £250. I gather trust they are not the most comfortable. So what pads should I get?

Aug 4, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #4,476 of 4,775
Hello again. I was an early adopter of the Audeze Sine from when it first came out and posted several impression on pad rolling on this great headphone, but eventually sold the headphone a while ago. Regretting the sell, I always had it in the back of mind that I may buy it again. I even kept the Bluecell HD202/212 pads for the day that I decided to buy the headphone once again.... and that time came a few days ago when a local dealer clearanced out their remaining stock. I was able to pick a new set up for a great price and reliving the joys I had with this headphone again. :)

Anyway, I decided to re-measure the headphones with stock pads, the Bluecell HD212 pads, and also picked up a generic set of Skullcandy Aviator pads. These aviator pads fit very, very nice with the Sine. Almost like they were made for each other. They are deeper and plusher than the stock pads which helps with fit and over-ear feel, if you have smaller ears like I do.

Anyway, without further adieu, here's some MiniDSP EARS measurements (HPN compensated):

Audeze Sine Pads.png

The black line is the default pads.
The blue line is the Bluecell pads.
The red line is the Aviator pads.

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #4,477 of 4,775
My set arrived yesterday. Wow it’s all I can say. They sound amazing. I used them with a hugo2/roon/audeze dsp set up. I need to find more comfy pads though. But for the low price I got them for, they are a complete bargain

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #4,478 of 4,775
My set arrived yesterday. Wow it’s all I can say. They sound amazing. I used them with a hugo2/roon/audeze dsp set up. I need to find more comfy pads though. But for the low price I got them for, they are a complete bargain

Was posted here couple of times, and yes Creative Aurvana Pads making the Sine more comfy

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #4,479 of 4,775
Updated my measurements of pad rolling with the Creative Aurvana Live (CAL) Pads.

Audeze Sine Pads v2.png

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #4,480 of 4,775
Anybody got a link to some balanced cables for these headphones? Love these headphones s they sound fantastic. What are the el8 ti like?

Aug 19, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #4,482 of 4,775
Very happy new owner of a set of sine!

I love them so far! Built like a tank!
They're B-stock directly from Audeze, but I can't find anything off about them except for some slightly off center stitching on the head band.

20200819_140824_HDR(1)~2-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #4,484 of 4,775
@antdroid
Been using the Sine DX for over a month now and am absolutely in love with them. They blow the LCD-1 out of the water. The LCD-1 does have much better stock tuning (treble) but with EQ on the DX, it has better overall technical abilities. Anyways, I am thinking of getting some on ear earpads for the DX. I will be ordering from Vesper Audio and getting the leather earpads. I just want to know, what thickness for the earpad would be best? 20mm seems maybe too thick so I was thinking 16mm? I am also looking at the Skullcandy Aviator earpads but the Vesper Audio are the ones I am set on.

Anyone know what would be best for on ear thickness of the pad?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #4,485 of 4,775
@antdroid
Been using the Sine DX for over a month now and am absolutely in love with them. They blow the LCD-1 out of the water. The LCD-1 does have much better stock tuning (treble) but with EQ on the DX, it has better overall technical abilities. Anyways, I am thinking of getting some on ear earpads for the DX. I will be ordering from Vesper Audio and getting the leather earpads. I just want to know, what thickness for the earpad would be best? 20mm seems maybe too thick so I was thinking 16mm? I am also looking at the Skullcandy Aviator earpads but the Vesper Audio are the ones I am set on.

Anyone know what would be best for on ear thickness of the pad?
I find the clamp force does eventually get uncomfortable after an hour of listening, so if I were in your boat and mainly addressing comfort, I would go with the thicker one of 20mm.

But from my experience with thicker pads, making your ears further from the driver, it will likely increase the treble peaks it already has. So if you wanted something closer to stock, the 16mm may be the better option. antdroid may have a better input here, but that's just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back