Audeze SINE Series
Jan 15, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #4,502 of 4,783
I just found Sines for me, they are coming for me next week. Best pads which goes straight on to the Sine without adapters?
And i prefer Pads that don't change the soundsignature at all. :)

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #4,503 of 4,783
I've been to-ing and fro-ing on a couple of earpads and the ones that are staying (for the moment anyway) are these MSR7 clones.

To my ears at least, they're about as close to stock sound as I've been able to get - they've been able to capture the immediacy and the bass texture that I love about the Sines, and which were too significantly compromised by the Brainwavz ones (I have flat pleather and hybrid ones, as well as angled velour ones) for them to be viable, comfy as they were. The Brainwavzs opened up the soundstage (which was nice) but were ultimately too distant and unfocused.

Plus the MSR7s fit quite securely without the need for adapters and don't add as much bulk to the Sines, as you can see:

P.S.: Big thank you to @ASRSPR for the adapter download - I didn't need it with the MSR7 after all, but it helps loads with keeping the bigger pads secure.
Can yoy give a link where i can buy these? From Europe.. :)

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #4,504 of 4,783
I just found Sines for me, they are coming for me next week. Best pads which goes straight on to the Sine without adapters?
And i prefer Pads that don't change the soundsignature at all. :)

I recommend finding pads made for the Skull Candy Aviators

Jan 15, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #4,505 of 4,783
I recommend finding pads made for the Skull Candy Aviators

In fact, I just got information from the seller that those are already in place in the headphones. The originals are included. :)

Jan 18, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #4,507 of 4,783
Bought those. Also got a 3 dollar discount when shopping for 4 dollar...
Let's hope they are better then the Audeze ones and the Sonys I have tested.

Does anyone know if these connectors fit Sine:

Hd407ab268bf145aaafdfca285b4caa50C.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

He05ce003a7174374860ea93e33f99497J.jpg
how did the cable fit for you? The biggest downside for me with using the sines with any frequency is the terrible cable. I paid peterek to make me one a while back but he took my money, headphones, and i never heard from him again

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #4,508 of 4,783
Sines are here. The sound is fantastic! :heart_eyes:

Attachments

• SINE.jpeg
    SINE.jpeg
    945 KB · Views: 0
Jan 22, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #4,509 of 4,783
The same pads in following post:

Not to your ears only...
The "MSR7 clones", which are the aftermarket Audio Technica pads, look and behave superior to the real Audio Technica pads.
Yes, they can fit loosely on sine , but I prefer the fit of member ninja adapters on them.

Coupled with the bose lettered felt covers, they are the best setup I have tried..

And I tried them all, including the versper, the authentic audio Technica, and also the cheaper adapters .

Most pad solutions will give you either distant or "U" shaped sound, so beware other pads...

Here is a pic of the "MSR7 clone" pads:

Here is a pic of the bose QC25 lettered felt cover wich I use in combo with the pads :

They come in different
Colors and definitely worth it to distribute the trebles evenly .
So at least you can save the felt covers when you toss away the cheap small bose pads.
I actually place them last, inside the pad, not before as this pic might suggest. .
How about these? I have to buy them inside of europe.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Geekria-...audio-technica+ath-msr7&qid=1611306405&sr=8-8

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #4,511 of 4,783
Been wanting to try the Sine for years and I finally picked up a pair 2nd hand. They were beat up a bit, some damage to the leather on the headband, some scrapes and scratches, and they didn't have the original earpads (they have CAL pads, which I was planning to get anyway), but for less than $100 I could live with all of that if they sounded great, and hell yes they do. Comparing them directly with the Oppo PM-3s they just have a more natural timbre and better extension on both ends to my ears without losing too much in the mids. With these pads the comfort isn't even a big drop off from the PM-3s. I'm very impressed, these are underrated headphones. The fact that they're sold with on-ear pads is the biggest crutch, otherwise I think these would be more widely sought. I might have to seek out the Sine DX next.

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #4,512 of 4,783
Sine + Cipher is really outstanding for that price. On the other hand without cipher it loses a lot of its raison d'être and gets outperformed by cheaper headphones that are easier to drive. It's uncomfy as heck too because of it's pads.

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #4,513 of 4,783
Apparently I’m an idiot because I ordered Sine B-stock from Audeze for ~ $100-$149 during the last Black Friday they offered it and canceled, after regretting selling off my first pair in favor of the EL-8 Titanium — which I now use for music production along with an amp. I do miss the Sine, with the Cipher it’s one of the best headphones I’ve heard.

I’m also a bit odd because I enjoy on-ear headphones. Maybe it’s the feeling of being “closer” to the sound than with an over-ear headphone. Bass response also feels different. I think Audeze has retired the Sine since a lot of people can’t handle the on-ear form factor, but this would make an amazing audiophile-focused wireless headphone.

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #4,514 of 4,783
Purely out of curiosity, where did you buy them?
2nd hand from Sweden, mint condition.
Just tested original pads and skullcandy Aviator pads.
I highly recommend to stay originals.
Sound signature is very different with aviator pads. Much worse. Thin and sibilance.
Aviators are comfy tough.

Original pads are designed for Sine. And you can really hear it when comparing something else.

At the sametime i got used Oppo PM-3 from Ireland.
Now i have two headphones which are all i need.

Jan 24, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #4,515 of 4,783
I have now listened Sine with original pads some more.
Sine may be one of the best headphones what i have owned. To my ears. I can't find any faults Sine's soundsignature.
Soundstage could be bigger and these are not so comfy as Oppo PM-3 though.

But you can't have everything in one package.
Sine gives a lot in one package. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back