Audeze SINE Series
Oct 9, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #4,428 of 4,783
Hello, Stalking to this thread for a while and Ive tried these pads (left to right, top to bottom):
eQi0z1
71826609_236805690617308_1130761891426074624_o.jpg

1- HD202 replacement pads: on the ear, hard and sound intimate. I don't like this
2- MSR7 pads: very comfy, sound harsh And bright compared to stock pads, everything is thinner and sharper
3- Creative Aurvana Live1: sound similar to stock pads, better comfy than stock pads, a bit loose fitting onto the headphone, softest among all pad I've tried.
4- Sony 10R pads: sound similar to stock pad, a little more warmth and intimate (as it let your ears closer to the driver, looser bass and less hot treble), better comfy than stock pad - harder than the CAL - more over ear style than both the CAL and stock pads.
5- Brainwavz HM5 pad (one on the Sine): most comfy, sound just a bit thinner to my ears but i don't care
All shipped from China, less than $4 each

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #4,429 of 4,783
Hello I am new to headfi and the audeze sine. I wanted to know what the best option for balanced cables is? I've searched through this forum and I've found that you can use meze 99 balanced cables. I was wondering if there were any better options. On this site
https://www.surfcables.com/products/audeze-compatible-cables
They sell the balanced cables but at an angle similar to the stock cable so it wont stress and break like the meze one. I was wondering if there was anything similar but cheaper as this one costs 100 USD. Also can the stock cable be modified to go balanced? I would pay someone to simply mod my stock cable for balanced. Thanks for any help!

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #4,430 of 4,783
I received the pads.
They are quite OK and fit just fine.
The sound didn’t change much. And even if it did it, changed for the best I think. My impressions are not very accurate though because the stock pads were torn all the way round the inner “stitch” they had so I guess the sound signature I was hearing until the replacements arrived was somehow altered from the normal stock pads.
Comfort wise they are ok too. On ear for shire.. Different shape than the stock but the material is very similar so the overall feeling is close to stock. So if someone doesn’t like the stock feeling don’t buy these pads.
I have a feeling that the midrange is a little bit more up front now and this is a think I like. Laid back sound is not exactly my cup of tea!
In any case I am waiting a pair of Audeze pads too from the local dealer. They will take some time to arrive but when they do I will make a better comparison between the two.

I will post some photos shortly.

Oct 13, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #4,432 of 4,783
I received the pads.
They are quite OK and fit just fine.
The sound didn’t change much. And even if it did it, changed for the best I think. My impressions are not very accurate though because the stock pads were torn all the way round the inner “stitch” they had so I guess the sound signature I was hearing until the replacements arrived was somehow altered from the normal stock pads.
Comfort wise they are ok too. On ear for shire.. Different shape than the stock but the material is very similar so the overall feeling is close to stock. So if someone doesn’t like the stock feeling don’t buy these pads.
I have a feeling that the midrange is a little bit more up front now and this is a think I like. Laid back sound is not exactly my cup of tea!
In any case I am waiting a pair of Audeze pads too from the local dealer. They will take some time to arrive but when they do I will make a better comparison between the two.

I will post some photos shortly.
2C6B70CF-AD77-42D3-879A-11EC573E6D15.jpeg
E92FE33E-0B89-4EF0-81C9-06AF9FF15101.jpeg

Finally I might like them more than the stock ... not just sound ... the general feel.
I think that the oval shape suits me more..
Also as it seems they leave more of the driver to show and this is good. The somehow overall more upfront presentation as final result tends to be, is to my taste.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #4,433 of 4,783
Hey everyone, just acquired a used pair of SINE’s. I just got them out of the box and notice a crumpling sound in the left ear cup when placing it on my head. Looking at it, it appears to be coming from the driver. The functionality seems to be fine as I don’t immediately hear anything wrong though I’ve never heard a Brand new pair or even a planar before.

Has anyone had this issue. Should I look at potential repair? Would Audeze be able to/willing to help? Any response is appreciated.

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #4,434 of 4,783
Hey everyone, just acquired a used pair of SINE’s. I just got them out of the box and notice a crumpling sound in the left ear cup when placing it on my head. Looking at it, it appears to be coming from the driver. The functionality seems to be fine as I don’t immediately hear anything wrong though I’ve never heard a Brand new pair or even a planar before.

Has anyone had this issue. Should I look at potential repair? Would Audeze be able to/willing to help? Any response is appreciated.
I ended up sending my Sine DX into Audeze for repair after sending them some pics of the right ear's driver, as I was having the same issue. I was told before sending them in that this is very common with a lot of headphones and that it's just driver flex from air pushing against the diaphragm. I honestly don't think they knew if they would actually be repairing anything on my set before I sent them, but after they got them they found out that one of the drivers (right ear) was out of spec so it was fixed. I still have the issue however, but it's been lessened by poking some small holes in the earpads (Brainwavz Micro Suede Oval) with a sewing needle. Hope this helps!

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #4,435 of 4,783

That's driver flex. Mine got worse as I used them unfortunately and began to flex with any head movement I made (hopefully this doesn't happen to you). If it doesn't affect them while playing music, then you should be fine. If it ever happens that it does begin flexing while in normal use, a different set of pads that are more breathable will help it.

Oct 25, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #4,436 of 4,783

Try putting some small object (e.g. small ball of tissue paper) under the seam of the the earpads to "break the seal" a bit, allowing air to come out when the pads are compressed, will relief the issue.

Oct 28, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #4,438 of 4,783
I think by breaking the seal, you will change the bass, very likely for the worse.

This is true, even a different set of pads will change the sound as well. When I swapped pads to a more breathable pad, the bass lost some body, but not depth. Overall it gave a more linear tilt to the headphones which I actually sort of welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back