Audeze SINE Series
Jun 13, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #4,396 of 4,783
hey. is there something straight off ebay from china that works for Sine which terminate to 2.5mm balanced or 4 pin full XLR?

i have a good soldering iron now but i don't want to cut the original cable. does anyone cut the original cable 3.5mm end and put a 2.5mm or XLR on it (if has 4 wires inside)? Audeze never made such a cable which is a shame which they did make one for EL8 which is reasonably made (mine broke lol).

but yeah easier just buy one off ebay if exist. i saw some thin connector ones which looks like may work. but the audeze sine connector at headphone side is a weird looking non standard 3.5mm.

Jun 13, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #4,397 of 4,783
hey. is there something straight off ebay from china that works for Sine which terminate to 2.5mm balanced or 4 pin full XLR?

i have a good soldering iron now but i don't want to cut the original cable. does anyone cut the original cable 3.5mm end and put a 2.5mm or XLR on it (if has 4 wires inside)? Audeze never made such a cable which is a shame which they did make one for EL8 which is reasonably made (mine broke lol).

but yeah easier just buy one off ebay if exist. i saw some thin connector ones which looks like may work. but the audeze sine connector at headphone side is a weird looking non standard 3.5mm.
The 50 dollar Meze brand 99 series on Amazon will also work.
Screenshot_20190613-000538.png

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #4,398 of 4,783
The 50 dollar Meze brand 99 series on Amazon will also work.

hey thanks. i got this and seller shipped out already. just got the 1.2m one.

Jun 14, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #4,399 of 4,783
Are there any pads for these that can improve the bass?

Jun 14, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #4,401 of 4,783
I was listening to my Sine DX this morning through my audio-gd SA-31SE. I don't really understand why this headphone isn't more popular. To me, this is the end game open on-ear headphone.

Strength:
1. Best technicalities among open on-ear headphones: crushing all Grado models from RS-1e below
2. High quality built and material used: again putting all Grados to shame.
3. Almost perfect tuning: in between LCD-2 and LCD-X, very good with many genre (just need to jack up the treble a bit for classical, see EQ graph below)
4. Comfort: just enough clamp force keeps them secured on head without causing discomfort.

Music I listened to this morning:
folder.jpg folder.jpg folder.jpg

My SIne DX with Skullcandy Aviator 2.0 pads and Meze 99 3m cable, and EQ graph:
20190615_103233.jpg Sine DX EQ.JPG

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #4,402 of 4,783
Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get to you. Not the fastest shipping -

ok i just got the cable. fit the sine slot perfectly. thin light but very well made, and man when hooked up to audio-ref10.32 on balanced port, it's pretty crazy. i haven't heard it this good yet. very good choice of cable for the price. i got the 2.5mm one which will be good for all my portables. i have an adapter from 2.5mm to 4 pin xlr works great on this. highly recommend this cable for sine.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #4,403 of 4,783
ok i just got the cable. fit the sine slot perfectly. thin light but very well made, and man when hooked up to audio-ref10.32 on balanced port, it's pretty crazy. i haven't heard it this good yet. very good choice of cable for the price. i got the 2.5mm one which will be good for all my portables. i have an adapter from 2.5mm to 4 pin xlr works great on this. highly recommend this cable for sine.
Awesome!

Jun 23, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #4,404 of 4,783
I recently received a pair of Sine DX thru a trade. I'm not much of a fan of on-the-ears, so I purchased some thicker over-the-ear pads and 3D printed adapters (from an awesome fellow Head-Fier). I sat down to try them out for the first time, and as I was putting them on my head I heard this (sort of) loud "crinkling" noise from both sides. After searching through this thread, I made sure there was no hair in the drivers and used a sewing needle to make some holes in my new pads. This fixed the sound (which I assume is driver flex) in the left ear, but I still experience it in the right one. I also looked at the drivers for both ears. The left looked absolutely perfect, but the right driver doesn't look exactly like the left does. Any idea how to fix the issue? I've sent Audeze an email detailing this, but as far as I could tell there was no way for me to forward the pics of the drivers to them on their site.20190623_060034.jpg 20190623_060047.jpg

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #4,405 of 4,783
Do you still hear the crackling sound even if press the pads at an angle (i.e. lifting one side of the pad and only press in the other side). If yes then the crackling might very well just be the pad seams rubbing against the adaptors.

If there is obvious difference between the loudness of the the left/right drivers (swapping left/right channel in foobar), then there is definitely a problem.

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #4,406 of 4,783
I'm not sure; I'll find out tonight, though. Thanks for replying!

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #4,408 of 4,783
Can anyone recommend a cable that fits in most phone cases? The popular Meze replacement cable doesn’t look like it will fit in mine one most generic phone cases. The stock cable fits great but no longer works. Looking for a cable that works with Sines that has a similar profile plug as the stock cable.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #4,409 of 4,783
Audeze SINE are easily the best cans under 500€. Not LCD 2C made me sell these, not even Hifiman Ananda or HD800.
These are mine and im not selling them ever. The best portable headphones ever.
Match made in heaven, SINE and Monolith portable THX AAA AMP/DAC:
_DSC3410.jpg

Aug 8, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #4,410 of 4,783
I find that my pair are hard to drive with my portable equipment (x7,r3,r6, dfr/iphone) but they do sound great. Just need to crank it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back