Audeze SINE Series
Oct 20, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #4,291 of 4,783
Do you mean the plastic ring that comes with the Audioquest pads? From your photo, it looks like you made a cut in the plastic ring, fit it into the existing ear pad slot on the Sines, and then put the pads over top. Is this correct?

I just received my Audioquest pads and want to make sure I’m doing the mod right (check twice, cut once).

Update on my exploration into pad swapping.

Returned the Audioquest pads. The mod suggested would have required me to cut a plastic supporting ring and compress it into a custom adapter ring before supergluing together to hold (and hopefully not gluing them to my headphones). If I messed it up I could have ruined my headphones with the superglue or screwed up the fit so they didn’t work... and then I had some damaged and unreturnable pads.

I debated 3D printing an adaptor ring but decided that the extra effort and cost wasn’t worth it if I could get a much easier pad to mod and had many more positive reviews than the Audioquest.

So I bought the Aurvana.

Honestly, just get them. If you’re even questioning the comfort of the Sines, just do this.

They’re super cheap, took me less that five minutes to put on, were completely reversable, and substantially improved the comfort, and didn’t noticeably degrade the sound.

You will not be dissappointed.

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #4,292 of 4,783
I've just bought the Sines and I immediately replaced the stock earpads with a pair of Brainwavz pleather pads I already had, I am afraid my slightly above average size ears couldn't cope with the clamping force.

There is no need to do any mods or use/purchase plastic rings, the earpads fit fine and it didn't take much effort to put them on.
IMHO, the Brainwavz pads improves the soundstage (more depth / width versus stock) with no degradation to the rest of the sound, bass is very slightly thicker and warmer sounding (which is more to my likeness and listening preference) and the treble sounds slightly more clearer, so an improvement overall. So job done!

Oct 25, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #4,293 of 4,783
Ordered a pair of Aurvana pads on Monday and just earlier I was walking home with the Sine and after wearing them for like 30 mins I thought to myself "goddamn this hurts, yeah.". Then arrived home to find an envelope with my Aurvana pads inside. Lucky! Immediately installed them and put the Sine on my head once again. They don't look as sleek and tidy as the stock pads but do make the Sine more comfortable. Sound also doesn't change much. Now I just have to test it for a longer period of time tomorrow.

Also I finally changed to iPhone 6S. With the Cipher cable and a bit of EQ on the Audeze app, the Sine is now an almost perfect sounding pair of portable headphones.

Nov 22, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #4,294 of 4,783
I just got a pair of the Aurvana pads and a pair of the Brainwavz micro suede pads.
With the Brainwavz I found the treble to be horrible, sibilant and sharp... to my ears it was impossible to listen to.
The soundstage was bigger tho, but the bass was not as punchy.
The cipher eq couldn't mitigate this.

The Aurvana pads didn't fit my ears so its still an on-ear and i found them less comfortable.

Still looking for over-ear pads that won't change the sound that dramatically.
Also considering the LCD 2 CB or the Aeon flow closed if anybody have insights to share.

Nov 24, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #4,295 of 4,783
Hi everyone :)

I just bought Audeze Sine closed back, without cipher cable, as it was a lot cheaper and (what is more important) I don't have an iphone.
If I may I have some question to you guys, as you havehad a lot of audio equipment and experience:

1. I have very small head, like I have those phones in the smallest setting and I feel that one less wouldn't hurt :wink: probably because of that I don't have any air pressure issues - does it mean that I don't have seal and I can't experience fully their sound?

2. Can you recommend portable dac/amp that can drive them well and have good synergy? preferably one that costs not more than 300$? I read all this topic, and there were some posts about that but not so many. I'm listening now on razer blade, macbook pro and samsung note 8. Most on the last one as I could lower the highs as Tyll did in his review, helped a lot with sybilance, which I really don't like.
I don't think I can 'see' the soundstage well enough, because I have some problems with my left ear, but I love Sine's clarity and separation, and live intruments sound.

Nov 26, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #4,297 of 4,783
I've bought an used pair of Sine closed back some weeks ago and I'm very happy with that. I usually listen through an Hidisz AP200 + Fiio E12 in mobility (that is my primary use). After changing the pads with msr7 I've lost the punchy bass listening metal and rock, so I often turn on the bass boost on the ampli. @megajra I can reccomand you Fiio ampli like A5 or E12 that you can find around 100€

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #4,298 of 4,783
I own a pair of LCD 2C's and iSine10 bought a pair of Sines based on the lush sound I was getting from them. Unfortunately, I found the stock pads on the Sines uncomfortable so I have been experimenting with different pads, mainly Brainwavz pleather and the hybrids. The pleather were ok but the treble on the hybrids had too much shrill so counted them out. I also found a pair of angled pads and for me these hit the spot perfectly, they are super comfy and improve the sound signature, certainly doesn't degrade it. I know other people have commented that the Brainwavz are Meh, but thought I should share my experiences in case anyone else wanted a recommendation.

Nov 27, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #4,299 of 4,783
Any recommendations for a company to make a balanced cable? Thanks

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #4,301 of 4,783
Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #4,304 of 4,783
Has anyone tried this cable for SINE?

"Monolith by Monoprice Oxygen Free Copper Braided Headphone Cable 3.5mm and Dual 2.5mm TRS - 5 feet"
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=29515

I've extrapolated from zooming in on the pictures and doing some napkin calculation that the diameter of the connectors should be just under 6mm, which should fit into the SINE earpiece ports.

Curious how it compares with my Neomusicia cable.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #4,305 of 4,783
Has anyone tried this cable for SINE?

"Monolith by Monoprice Oxygen Free Copper Braided Headphone Cable 3.5mm and Dual 2.5mm TRS - 5 feet"
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=29515

I've extrapolated from zooming in on the pictures and doing some napkin calculation that the diameter of the connectors should be just under 6mm, which should fit into the SINE earpiece ports.

Curious how it compares with my Neomusicia cable.

Sines use dual 3.5mm, so these won’t work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back