Audeze SINE Series
Oct 4, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #4,276 of 4,775
I don’t know about aurvana but Vesper Audio’s ear pads for the Sine are great construction and a decent price with tons of customization options. They make over ear pads for them which help with isolation. Worth checking out. Every pair is handmade though, so expect a lead time of a few weeks to get them in hand.
I see that they have a bunch of options ...
About the impact on the sound?
Any comments about their cables too? It would be nice if they coluld build me a balanced 3,5 mm cable for my xDSD.
Thnx!!

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #4,277 of 4,775
I see that they have a bunch of options ...
About the impact on the sound?
Any comments about their cables too? It would be nice if they coluld build me a balanced 3,5 mm cable for my xDSD.
Thnx!!

While I have not used Vesper Audio, from trying out various other pads and taking measurements on them, I recommend keeping the pads as shallow as possible. I believe the stock pad is around 10mm thick, and the one I am using is 15mm. At 19-22mm (ATHM50/MSR7), it already is too thick and you lose a lot of bass response and treble becomes very boosted.

I think the 13-16mm range would be ideal - it actually makes the mids less forward and keeps the sound very balanced, with a slight tilt towards brightness, which helps give more detail and soundstage width.

Vesper lets you customize all the aspects of the pad you buy -- materials, size, etc.

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #4,278 of 4,775
Cool, thanks for your thoughts. I do find the Sine to be better extended and airy on the upper end which helps with the little details. The Mobius does have a better low end and lower-mids which make it sound warmer and fuller in presentation. Otherwise, I find them very similar in sound, or similar enough. The Sine is definitely a much more attractive and smaller headphone, while the Mobius is fantastic as a bluetooth headphone. I don't use it for gaming so thats partially why I find it redundant. I guess I need to decide how much bluetooth is important to me. :)

As far as the pads go, money isnt the issue. It's just another thing to buy and store away. Haha. I get funny looks from my fiancee whenever a package comes and it ends up being a Headphone Pad. She's always wondering why I have an obsession with pads. haha. I think also, when I was looking for pads, I wasnt able to find the Aurvana pads sold separately. So glad to see them now.
pads are really really really personal and intimate.

Oct 9, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #4,280 of 4,775
Can someone please share a link for the Aurvana pads on Amazon?
For some reason, I can't find an original one.

Thanks!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078KTQ2R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those are the ones I purchased. I'm having second thoughts on them. They seem to be really loose on the cups. What I mean is that they tend to slide and rotate quite a bit around them, probably due to the extra width on them. I dont have this issue with the Bluecell HD212 pads I got on amazon. I am using those again for now. They sound the same to me. The extra width is nice but not totally necessary for me. The sliding thing is annoying. Is this an issue for other generic aurvana pad users?

Oct 9, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #4,281 of 4,775
So I bought the Sine for portable use that is easier than my CIEM. They sound nice overall except female vocal seems to sound kinda dry. And I thought no problem, EQ will solve it.

I'm using foobar on LG G6 with quad DAC with volume at 69, almost at max according to the volume bar. When I applied the EQ, I could hear rattle in the 2-5kHZ region.

I was worried because I had read that when Sine rattles it means death soon but other possibility in my case is that it was clipping. The latter would seem more plausible because it sounded fine with EQ off...
So is my only solution to buy portable DAC/amp? Changing phone?

Oct 9, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #4,282 of 4,775
So I bought the Sine for portable use that is easier than my CIEM. They sound nice overall except female vocal seems to sound kinda dry. And I thought no problem, EQ will solve it.

I'm using foobar on LG G6 with quad DAC with volume at 69, almost at max according to the volume bar. When I applied the EQ, I could hear rattle in the 2-5kHZ region.

I was worried because I had read that when Sine rattles it means death soon but other possibility in my case is that it was clipping. The latter would seem more plausible because it sounded fine with EQ off...
So is my only solution to buy portable DAC/amp? Changing phone?

I don’t know how the LG phones handle EQ, but if you are raising the EQ gain on treble, you need to lower the system gain down the same amount or more to avoid clipping issues. Some EQs do this automatically, and you’ll know by volume being lower as you flip on and off the EQ switch.

/u/Oratory1990 posted EQ data for the Sine on reddit. If I find the link I’ll post it for you. He does quite a good job on the EQ profiles since he has access to very good equipment and has a little app he made to generate eq based on harman targets.

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #4,283 of 4,775
I don’t know how the LG phones handle EQ, but if you are raising the EQ gain on treble, you need to lower the system gain down the same amount or more to avoid clipping issues. Some EQs do this automatically, and you’ll know by volume being lower as you flip on and off the EQ switch.

/u/Oratory1990 posted EQ data for the Sine on reddit. If I find the link I’ll post it for you. He does quite a good job on the EQ profiles since he has access to very good equipment and has a little app he made to generate eq based on harman targets.

Oh good point, never thought maybe the EQ itself is problematic. I'm using the built in EQ in foobar. And yeah I did EQ up the 1.8 - 3.5 kHz.

Did you mean this thread?
I could probably use his setting but gotta find another EQ app that doesn't clip first.

Oct 9, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #4,284 of 4,775
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078KTQ2R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those are the ones I purchased. I'm having second thoughts on them. They seem to be really loose on the cups. What I mean is that they tend to slide and rotate quite a bit around them, probably due to the extra width on them. I dont have this issue with the Bluecell HD212 pads I got on amazon. I am using those again for now. They sound the same to me. The extra width is nice but not totally necessary for me. The sliding thing is annoying. Is this an issue for other generic aurvana pad users?
I have no issues with "sliding" after many many hours of wear.

Oct 9, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #4,285 of 4,775
Oh good point, never thought maybe the EQ itself is problematic. I'm using the built in EQ in foobar. And yeah I did EQ up the 1.8 - 3.5 kHz.

Did you mean this thread?
I could probably use his setting but gotta find another EQ app that doesn't clip first.

Yea that's it. That was my original post on reddit under an older username that got compromised.

He has a database of a ton of headphones with measurements and EQ settings on his dropbox.

Oct 9, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #4,286 of 4,775
By the way does anyone know the price of Vesper over ear pads for these?

Yea that's it. That was my original post on reddit under an older username that got compromised.

He has a database of a ton of headphones with measurements and EQ settings on his dropbox.

I could try and will probably try but apparently just realized that the max volume of my G6 is 75 instead of 100! I got no headroom on this phone and lowering the ReplayGain on foobar app and EQ'ing it kinda made it sound weird. Also the gain is hard to configure.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #4,287 of 4,775
Oct 10, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #4,289 of 4,775
I bought my CAL pads on eBay. They fit well. Don’t slide around. Took about a month to arrive. Around $5-6. Not sure about a link, but you get the idea. I wonder if they are different than the amazon ones. Either way, they are game changers, even if they are not completely over ear. Haven’t looked back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back