Audeze SINE Series
Aug 25, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #4,246 of 4,783
Hi, no, I am using the standard 3.5mm connection. Can you please share what balanced cable are you using?

I made my own cable.

Sep 14, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #4,251 of 4,783
Audioquest Nighthawk carbons velour bads on Audeze SINE. Now they are over ear and the soundstage is BIG now, imaging is also improved.
SSnwFvWXyCPfWPzZ7

These are now what i wanted from Fostex mk III or Monolith m1060 to be. Wide soundstage, top notch imaging and planar bass response. Also neutral.
Total win.20180915_022641_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #4,252 of 4,783
Hello everyone,

I thought I write down my impressions with the Sine and pads. Maybe it helps someone in the future.
After some consideration I decided to buy a used Sine. My main setup was a Audioquest Dragonfly (I think this thing is amazing) with a DT 770 - 32ohm. After trying the Sine I was kind of disappointed. I felt that I was missing details and like there was a veil on it, compared to the DT770. But my biggest problem was, I was not sure how to place them on my ears. While the comfort was ok for me, the sound changed with every placement on the ears. After few weeks, disappointed put it on sale, but could not sell it. After 2-3 weeks later I remembered that my wife got an unused Creative Aurvana phones at home. Swapped the pads and suddenly the whole thing felt different. Might be just my impression after not using them for weeks, but they felt better sounding to me. Now it was over ear, and the isolation was slightly better, but just enough to use it in the noisy office. Now they feel like a really good headphone.

So if you are not happy with the your Sine, try a different pad, it might change your opinion about it.

Sep 15, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #4,253 of 4,783
CAL pads made them very more user friendly for me.I think the sound improved. As I said, I feel they are the best move. I think I have some fake ones. As far as I can tell, I comes down to pad dimension and distance from the ear. Too wide, and too far away is always bad. So CAL pads may not be over ear for most, but is an improvement in comfort and closest in sound to original pads, with a slight improvement, in my opinion. I felt thy gave the bass some space to breath and made it clearer as a result.

Sep 17, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #4,254 of 4,783
I'm having a problem with my Sine where the left channel audio is getting cut off. It can be easily fixed by fidgeting the connector and moving it around but i realized it's not the actual connector that is the problem as I flipped the cable, put the left plug in the right one and vice versa. The left channel is still getting cut off which leads me to think it's the actual left cup that is problematic. Has anyone experienced the same or has any suggestions?

(I hope my explanation isn't confusing)

Sep 17, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #4,255 of 4,783
I'm having a problem with my Sine where the left channel audio is getting cut off. It can be easily fixed by fidgeting the connector and moving it around but i realized it's not the actual connector that is the problem as I flipped the cable, put the left plug in the right one and vice versa. The left channel is still getting cut off which leads me to think it's the actual left cup that is problematic. Has anyone experienced the same or has any suggestions?

(I hope my explanation isn't confusing)

I have had this issue. It may be the overmoulding on the plug is a bit long, stopping the plug going all the way in. I trimmed it bavk with a very sharp knife (scalpel).

I still get issues now an then. The "gold" plating isn't great. One side is rotting through to a green corrosion. I live in a hot country.

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #4,257 of 4,783
The ultimate mod :D Wider soundstage and better imaging. : 20180918_121442_HDR.jpg 20180918_121452_HDR.jpg

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #4,259 of 4,783
Do nighthawk and nightowl the same earpads? I put the earpads of nightowl on sine but they are too big. Thanks

You need to sacrifice the plastic parts too, cut them open and out the tightly on. Then add pads to those plastic parts: Inked20180915_121121_HDR_LI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back