Audeze SINE Series
May 31, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #4,171 of 4,783
Any over ear conversion changes sound more or less. It is evident since acoustic chamber is different in dimensions and materials. As for thickness and other parameters - we are custom making every pair and there were dozens of pads for sine made with different thickness or even angled. Customer can order any thickness.

The Sine's are a very fine listening experience, with an incredibly poor pad system.
Audeze knows this, yet , have they tried to reconstruct this situation for the benefit of a fine product, that is so uncomfortable?
v.2.0......comfy pads?............did i miss the memo?

Big head, small head, or no head, if these are strapped to your ears for longer then about 10 seconds, you start estimating the time you have left before you have to get relief from them.
Audeze.....HELLO ???? Customer Service ????????, Anybody there?.....Anybody CARE ?????
So, yeah, these are definitely worth keeping, and so, get some pads......get a few..........and dial into the one that is the best for you.
Worth every dollar to remedy their uncomfortable. situation.

Jun 1, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #4,173 of 4,783
The Sine's are a very fine listening experience, with an incredibly poor pad system.
Should be mentioned that there are many owners who are comfortable with stock pads. Also there are some quantity of (our) customers who order custom on-ear pads instead of over-ear. With one change of stock dimensions or another, or even without any changes.

Jun 1, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #4,175 of 4,783
I also don’t find the stock pads uncomfortable, even after hours of use, while I read about so many people who do. This shows the challenge of designing a single pad that would satisfy everyone. While Audeze could have offered several alternative pads of varying sizes and softness, they may not sound the same, so that would be another issue.

The pads became somewhat more comfortable after using them for a while.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #4,176 of 4,783
And aren't you glad that so many are not.
It is not that personal. Sine is just one of many headphones we are making pads for. And we are more glad making every pair with some exclusive design rather than cloning same set over and over again. So there will be no offence from our side if audeze will come out with V2.0 with pads that will fit everyone)

Jun 1, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #4,177 of 4,783
Hi, I just ordered a new / sealed Sine on Ebay, and I can see on the Audeze booklet that they are a very early model, they were manufactured on the 05/17/16. I think they still sound a bit dark after 20 hours (white/ pink... noises + music), do you think that the Planar technology is subject to burn in? I've heard that it's not the case. I'm wondering because I've heard an another Sine recently that was brighter than mine. Is it true that there are difference with the most recent ones?

Jun 1, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #4,178 of 4,783
It is not that personal. Sine is just one of many headphones we are making pads for. And we are more glad making every pair with some exclusive design rather than cloning same set over and over again. So there will be no offence from our side if audeze will come out with V2.0 with pads that will fit everyone)
-
I didnt say that you are taking it personally....
However as necessity is the mother of invention, you are afforded the opportunity to satisfy a situation that Audeze has ignored., as of yet.
Businesses exist because they are ither creating something original, or they are making "their version", or they are offering something related to what is already available.
In all cases, businesses thrive, because opportunity exists.., and seizing the opportunity, once recognized, is the foundation of success., Vesperaudio.
I would, as a matter of fact, be interested in one of your (over ear) sets for my Sine's.
Do you have a link that avails me of all models and prices??

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #4,179 of 4,783
I wonder if Audeze will make another on-ear headphone. I think on-ear headphones have their own unique sound characteristics but usually are love-it-or-hate-it comfort-wise.

Mobius uses nice over-ear pads and could be a worthy successor to the Sine. Not necessarily sure yet how it will compare in pure sound quality but it’s nice to see Audeze invest a lot of R&D into comfort. Not that I found the Sine uncomfortable personally.

Jun 2, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #4,180 of 4,783
Do anyone here have the PEQ filters used for the Sine's cipher cable, have they been posted here before like in the iSine20 thread?
I do prefer the cipher-eq'd version of the Sine, and would like to know how good they can sound out of my Hugo with the same eq applied.

Jun 4, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #4,181 of 4,783
Why do people keep comparing the Sine to the Mobius? They are completely different headphones for two different use cases. One is an on-ear hifi set meant to take the audeze house sound on the go, and the other is a wireless gaming headset with spatial audio tracking and that is over-ear. It was meant to finally be an actual gaming headset with good sound quality, something most gaming sets dont have, and while it IS true that it can be used wired to great effect, it's true intention was to be a multimedia headset for movies, gaming, along with music. In what way is the Mobius a successor to the Sine? Not to mention the Sine is VERY compact, and the Mobius is anything but.

However..

I may be missing something. Did Audeze call the mobius the successor to the sines?

Jun 4, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #4,182 of 4,783
Also id like to mention that going from the Sines as my daily work headphone to using the Vmoda Crossfade Wireless 2 for the gym makes me sad ): the crossfades do so much better when they are wired. Now that i think about it, maybe the discomfort of the Crossfade wireless is whats making my Sines seem so comfortable LOL

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #4,184 of 4,783
Why do people keep comparing the Sine to the Mobius? They are completely different headphones for two different use cases. One is an on-ear hifi set meant to take the audeze house sound on the go, and the other is a wireless gaming headset with spatial audio tracking and that is over-ear. It was meant to finally be an actual gaming headset with good sound quality, something most gaming sets dont have, and while it IS true that it can be used wired to great effect, it's true intention was to be a multimedia headset for movies, gaming, along with music. In what way is the Mobius a successor to the Sine? Not to mention the Sine is VERY compact, and the Mobius is anything but.

However..

I may be missing something. Did Audeze call the mobius the successor to the sines?

Happy to dump.mojo if DAC of mobius is good.

Ie smaller total package if including DAC.

Jun 10, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #4,185 of 4,783
Thinking about trying some Aurvana pads for my Sine (tried hm5 already which were no good sound-wise imo), but Amazon won’t ship to me (Norway).
Anyone have experience with the Aurvana pads sold on Ebay and Aliexpress? Are they the same thing? Do they sound the same?

I have bought hm5 pads on Ebay before and they turned out to be fake and way less nice than the originals, so that’s the reason for my skepticism

Users who are viewing this thread

Back