Audeze SINE Series
Jan 6, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #3,902 of 4,783
No thanks, I have a real phone..
Are you saying my iPhone X is not a real phone?
Anyway still loving my Sine with Cipher cable connected to my iPhone/iPad/iPod...sublime

Jan 7, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #3,903 of 4,783
Hi, I want to print the pad adapters for the Sine locally. What kind of material should I choose? There are PLA, ABS, NYLON, etc... I am new to 3d printing and kind of confused. What do people usually choose for this type of application?
Thanks.

Jan 7, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #3,904 of 4,783
Hi, I want to print the pad adapters for the Sine locally. What kind of material should I choose? There are PLA, ABS, NYLON, etc... I am new to 3d printing and kind of confused. What do people usually choose for this type of application?
Thanks.

Don't use PLA that's only for proto typing.

I ordered ABS material. Durable and strong and can bend till an certain amount.

Jan 7, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #3,906 of 4,783
Thank you for the reply. I will choose ABS. One more question, when I upload the file for 3d print shop, what's the better file format? gcode or stl?

There is a revision on the first adapter which include the 4mm stand. Which i have used.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1995271

There is a big and small version in it. Read the comments.

A print hub uses most of the time. Stl files.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #3,908 of 4,783
I've been loosely following the thread over the past couple months after following in-depth early on when I got these. I've noticed a lot of questions about pads lately. I made some measurements using the Stock Pads, MSR7 generic pads and HM5 pleather pads. I also have the lambskin leather pads too but I didnt take measurements on those yet.

Here's what it looks like on my DIY measurement rig:

sine-pads.jpg

Red - MSR7 Pads
Green - Stock
Purple - Brainwavz HM5 Pads

Jan 13, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #3,909 of 4,783
MVIMG_20180112_203754.jpg Received my Sine yesterday. And what can I say. I am blowed away off the sound.

Very crispy highs detailed and nice bass.
I even prefer them over my former HD700s which was lacking bass too much IMO.

But the comfort man man. My head gets crushed between it. After an hour my ears hurts.
I have the adapters laying here and can't wait to make it over ear.

And little side note. My has a built issue in the leather. Have to live with it. Ordered overseas.

Overall great headphone and clearly a hear able different technology

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #3,910 of 4,783
The lack of comfort was the end of the line for me. After an hour, one hour and a half, I could not stand them any longer. It’s a shame as I was loving their sound signature, amazing really.

I returned them back and went for the EL-8 Titanium’s. Sound wise, they’re very good as well and are top comfortable. So far, very happy with them.

Received my Sine yesterday. And what can I say. I am blowed away off the sound.

Very crispy highs detailed and nice bass.
I even prefer them over my former HD700s which was lacking bass too much IMO.

But the comfort man man. My head gets crushed between it. After an hour my ears hurts.

Jan 13, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #3,911 of 4,783
The lack of comfort was the end of the line for me. After an hour, one hour and a half, I could not stand them any longer. It’s a shame as I was loving their sound signature, amazing really.

I returned them back and went for the EL-8 Titanium’s. Sound wise, they’re very good as well and are top comfortable. So far, very happy with them.
Did you try the over ear conversion?

I guess/hope it solves my uncomfortable experience.
If the pressure is around my ears instead of on my ears. I guess i can take it longer.

Designworks was a little bit too on design.

On the other hand it helps with isolation.

Can I bend the headband a bit by the way? What material is it?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #3,912 of 4,783
Did you try the over ear conversion?

I guess/hope it solves my uncomfortable experience.
If the pressure is around my ears instead of on my ears. I guess i can take it longer.

Designworks was a little bit too on design.

On the other hand it helps with isolation.

Can I bend the headband a bit by the way? What material is it?

I didn’t try the over ear conversion as that would void the warranty. I don’t know the material the band is made of but it seems to be some kind of flexible metal. You can try to bend the headband a bit to take some pressure off to see if it helps. I’ve tried that but it didn’t work for me.

Jan 13, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #3,915 of 4,783
I didn’t try the over ear conversion as that would void the warranty. I don’t know the material the band is made of but it seems to be some kind of flexible metal. You can try to bend the headband a bit to take some pressure off to see if it helps. I’ve tried that but it didn’t work for me.

How does it void warranty? Its a completely reversible mod and takes less than a minute to swap out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back