Audeze SINE Series
Jan 31, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #3,196 of 4,783
apologies for the stupid question in advance. This is my first time changing pads on any headphones and I wanted to do this correctly without damaging anything. So after I remove the sine pads and replace them with the hm5 angled pads, is there anything I have to attach? Is it easy as to slip the circular portion on the back of the headphones like a sleeve over the sine?

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #3,197 of 4,783
Nothing to attach, and it's really difficult to break something, so don't worry. You'll see when you take out the original pads where you have to slide the circular portion of the new pads. Just make sure that all the small fringe around the headphones is filled by the thin leather sleeve on the back of the hm5 pad. That's what you must put into it.

Hope my english was richer to explain it, i've felt really dumb doing it...

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #3,198 of 4,783
can you suggest what is the ''best'' upgrade pads or the pads that will give the best sound coming t=from the Sine? Thanks!!!

I am currently using the fake Replacement Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 on eBay for $14 ,
And have not had urge to keep testing.
Of course you will need the adapters for them.

Also still think the Tyll EQ recommendation of reducing treble and increasing mids slightly is a necessity.

Increasing the mids and lowering the treble is exactly what is done when using the replacement eBay ATH-MSR7 pads at $14.
:)

Still whish it had the bass of the Vesperaudio pads, but that bass was a bit elevated.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #3,199 of 4,783
Hello im just wondering, how would the Sine compare to the Fidelio X2 in terms of sound quality? I'm looking for something portable and my source will be my HTC 10 paired up with the Shozy Magic, Yes it is magic ❤.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #3,200 of 4,783
I've auditioned the Sine with cipher cable recently with my iphone6 plus. My initial impression was "good" and I did have the Sines on my wishlist. I was not as engaged as I thought.

I was listening to my Denon MM400 with Peachtree shift  amp fed with tidal stream on my iphone. Female vocals were more engaging with a nice warmth to the overall experience.  If I had to base the two headphones with different combo's fed by the same source my Denon's truly had a rich sound but not as detailed. The sine's sounded great but it was not as deeply engaging. 

I truly thought the sine was my next portable headphones but it just didn't destroy/surpass my current direct connection with my iphone. I think  think I'm better off purchasing an RHA Dacamp L1, Mojo or Peachtree shift.

I didn't test the sine HP on the peachtree. The peachtree shift provided a smooth rich detailed sound with very enjoyable "coloration".  

As I take the sine my assumption is that the Dragonfly RED would have great clarity but analytical details rather than musically engaging.

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #3,201 of 4,783
AlanU,
If you're not tied to the idea of the Cipher cable, the Mojo is DEFINITELY a better idea with the Sines. And I think you'll find the combo of the Sine's detail and the Mojo sound qualities a perfect match for what you seem to be looking for.

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #3,202 of 4,783
Hi, I'm currently in a dilemma on whether I should go with the fostex th-x00 or the audeze sine with the pad adapters and fake msr7 pads. I'm looking for a FUN and ENGAGING sound with emotional vocals and comfort is top priority. Would the sine with the mods be a better choice than the th-x00?
thanks in advance. 

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #3,203 of 4,783
Hello im just wondering, how would the Sine compare to the Fidelio X2 in terms of sound quality? I'm looking for something portable and my source will be my HTC 10 paired up with the Shozy Magic, Yes it is magic ❤.

I actually have both. In terms of sound quality I think SINE is quite more neutral and sounds clearer with better mids. Fidelio X2 have better bass with bassy characteristic and more suitable for electronic music, playing games or watching movies. The soundstage is also more spacious than SINE. Overall, for the SQ I would prefer SINE for listening to music other than electronic, by a little margin.

But.... (A big but), considering that I bought the X2 for 200$ and SINE for around 540$. For 2.7 times the price the X2 is a crazy good deal. The sine is a little better in SQ, but held back by it's comfort compared to X2.

Hope that helps, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask me.

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #3,204 of 4,783
Hi, I'm currently in a dilemma on whether I should go with the fostex th-x00 or the audeze sine with the pad adapters and fake msr7 pads. I'm looking for a FUN and ENGAGING sound with emotional vocals and comfort is top priority. Would the sine with the mods be a better choice than the th-x00?
thanks in advance. 

I have both headphones. Not sure exactly what you mean by "fun", but if you like a warmer sound with some midbass emphasis, the Fostex might be a better option, keeping in mind that it isn't really meant for portable use like the Sine.

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #3,205 of 4,783
I have both headphones. Not sure exactly what you mean by "fun", but if you like a warmer sound with some midbass emphasis, the Fostex might be a better option, keeping in mind that it isn't really meant for portable use like the Sine.

I'm worried that the fostex would have too much sucked out mids for me. The sines with the better mids after the pad upgrade might be just my thing. How is the bass compared to fostex th-X00 ?

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #3,206 of 4,783
I'm worried that the fostex would have too much sucked out mids for me. The sines with the better mids after the pad upgrade might be just my thing. How is the bass compared to fostex th-X00 ?

I think it's very difficult to compare the Sine to the Fostex TH-x00 in regards to bass. The Fostex TH-x00 is known to have a ton of bass, that goes to very low frequencies. The Sine just doesn't do that.

Additionally, if you are looking for transportability, the Fostex TH-x00 I'm going to say are dealbreakers with their 10 foot long non-detachable cable. Also, they need some amping to sound good. Straight out of my Samsung Galaxy or even computer without any Amp, they sounded flatter than with an amp hooked up. So for portable use, you would either need a Hi-Res player, or a separate amp for the TH-x00. The TH-x00 also has a lot of sound leakage considering it is "closed-back", so in locations where external ambient noise is present you will have a lot of leakage and noise infiltration into your headphones as well. To me, including all these points, this relegates the TH-x00 to in-home listening only.

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #3,207 of 4,783
I actually have both. In terms of sound quality I think SINE is quite more neutral and sounds clearer with better mids. Fidelio X2 have better bass with bassy characteristic and more suitable for electronic music, playing games or watching movies. The soundstage is also more spacious than SINE. Overall, for the SQ I would prefer SINE for listening to music other than electronic, by a little margin.

But.... (A big but), considering that I bought the X2 for 200$ and SINE for around 540$. For 2.7 times the price the X2 is a crazy good deal. The sine is a little better in SQ, but held back by it's comfort compared to X2.

Hope that helps, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask me.
Haha I know what you mean about the X2 having bang for the buck :wink: I own a pair hehe. I just wanted a headphone for portable use but also capable for home use with an amp. How is detail retrieval on the Sine compared to the X2? If it is much better than the X2 imma pull the trigger and get them :)

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #3,209 of 4,783
can any fellow headfier help me out to pick one between sine with cipher and EL8 open ? or if there are anything other than this i should consider. im looking for something easy to drive plug and play kind with wide soundstage and ya planer too. any help will be much appreciated. thanks in advance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back