Audeze SINE Series
Jan 5, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #3,136 of 4,783
Very mutch cause i can have long sessions now but I have the versatility of the lotoo paw gold with the best equalizer I've ever used.

Without equalization the SINE is way too bright.

Only Two pads adress the treble issue.
It is not noticeable on stock pads,
But the Sine has a very extended treble, above the sibilant range.
This treble is accentuated with all aftermarket pads EXCEPT the three top pads:

AudioTechnica:
(detailed treble, but still slightly bright, most energy, tight good bass)
Adapters needed ;

Vesperaudio:
(excellent treble, more relaxed on stock foam giving most distance , so less energy and so must suggest the memory foam option and less distance, but has most good bass)
No adapters needed ;

Aftermarket AudioTechnica replacement:
(most mids, good bass, good energy, good trebles)
Adapters needed.

I own all three..
These are the best.
Other pads tried have various flaws of midrange suck out & treble fatigue.

The main point overlooked here is that the actual pad material is NOT important.
They All feel nice, and ALL look nice too(!),
regardless of what they are made of..

The issue is sound.

You won't loose with any of those three top picks.

Also,
Other news...
I received the latest 3D printed adapters..

Shipping was expensive, so they came out slightly less than member "inertianinja" adapters,
But I order both of the two sets to try:

I just followed link by member "ASRSPR" :
http://www.head-fi.org/t/793518/audeze-sine-series/3060_20#post_13115514

And ordered them.
Easy peasy...

I like how these adapters have some built in height,
So will be interesting to try...
:)

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #3,138 of 4,783
Only Two pads adress the treble issue.
It is not noticeable on stock pads,
But the Sine has a very extended treble, above the sibilant range.
This treble is accentuated with all aftermarket pads EXCEPT the three top pads:

AudioTechnica:
(detailed treble, but still slightly bright, most energy, tight good bass)
Adapters needed ;

Vesperaudio:
(excellent treble, more relaxed on stock foam giving most distance , so less energy and so must suggest the memory foam option and less distance, but has most good bass)
No adapters needed ;

Aftermarket AudioTechnica replacement:
(most mids, good bass, good energy, good trebles)
Adapters needed.

I own all three..
These are the best.
Other pads tried have various flaws of midrange suck out & treble fatigue.

The main point overlooked here is that the actual pad material is NOT important.
They All feel nice, and ALL look nice too(!),
regardless of what they are made of..

The issue is sound.

You won't loose with any of those three top picks.

Hi,
which sounds better: the audeze sine with over ear pads or the Hifiman Edition S.

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #3,140 of 4,783
Brainwavz sheepskin angled memory foam pads. Most comfotable headphone i've ever worn. I used to own the shure 1540 and have auditioned the ether c/flow. Audio quality is fantastic. I had to stretch the headband overnight to reduce horizontal pressure. No regrets so far :)

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #3,141 of 4,783
Brainwavz sheepskin angled memory foam pads. Most comfotable headphone i've ever worn. I used to own the shure 1540 and have auditioned the ether c/flow. Audio quality is fantastic. I had to stretch the headband overnight to reduce horizontal pressure. No regrets so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Sry, that I ask 1000 questions. I'm looking for a new headphone and the shure 1540 is on my list like the audeze sine, Hifiman Edition S...

Do you also feel they are bright with brainwavz pads? It would be nice if you could write a brief comparison between shure and audeze.

Cheers

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #3,142 of 4,783
I currently do not have a pair of 1540s to compare with. I could pick up a pair in the coming weeks to compare. Im sure the sine with brainwavz pads will be the winner. 40 grams lighter and a more pleasant sound signature. I use mine with the cipher cable. Sounds better than paired with my oppo ha-1 via xlr and sony zx1.

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #3,144 of 4,783
Hi.

Just a few words to precise that sine is mostly too brigt FOR MY TASTE with the HM5 AND the stock pad.

The differences are very important depending on the quality recording and the sound engineer preferences.

but with the powerfull parametric equalizer of the lotoo paw gold, You can manage almost every accident of the response curve.

Don't missunderstand, I really like the SINE, the main issue for me is not the treble but the lack of impact of the bass. Like a magnepan speakers I used to have.

And the lack of stereo image. There is no deep.
Probably because of the closed technology but I knew it before bying it

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #3,145 of 4,783
  Okay thx for the answer. And what about the sonic differences between stock pads and Brainwavz pads?

To my ears, with the HM5 sheepskin angled pads the sound loses it's energy because of how far the ears rest (and the Sine is not an "energetic" headphone, so making it softer makes it worse)

I wouldn't recommend it even though it's a delight in terms of comfort.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #3,147 of 4,783

Hi,
which sounds better: the audeze sine with over ear pads or the Hifiman Edition S.

Neither is better.
They are both perform at similar level playing field of quality.
They are both at the top of the heap of portable quality, excluding Oppo & Ultrasones (larger) or AudioTechnica woodies (unique)...

The Hifiman Edition S is equivalent to a portable HD800.

The Audeze Sine is equivalent to a portable Focal Utopia.

I have either owned or had access enough times have determined this.

So, the fact is they are both different personalities and I own and Luv them both.

But you need pad roll to get most out of the Sine.

Hi.

Just a few words to precise that sine is mostly too brigt FOR MY TASTE with the HM5 AND the stock pad.

And the lack of stereo image. There is no deep.
Probably because of the closed technology but I knew it before bying it

This is due to the distance those pads give to driver.
I had those pads & they are not optimal.

The 3 pads I test as best offer what you are missing in energy and treble linearity.

So far I am liking the cheapest replacement non-original AudioTechnica pads best,

But I know the expensive Vesperaudio pads would be optimal if you knew what to order.
So far I know the stock foam on my Vesperaudio pads are too full or stiff for me, when the other pads are so softer..
In other words I needed to order memory foam for this headphone.

The original AudioTechnica pads have the most lively sound due to proximity and inner spacious diameter..

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #3,148 of 4,783
Hi

Vesperaudio response just to have an idea of the cost.

All of our earpads are custom-made. So we can do many things - customize dimensions, materials, use memory foam etc.
To give you an idea of prices: Over ear 2 cm thick black leather+grey alcantara, fast foam is 59 usd, on-ear with the same options - 47 usd.
Priority, air, tracked parcel - 8 usd (France).

Just got vesper audio over ear pads today. The sound is absolutely amazing. These are definitely the ideal portable with the pads.

Andrew, witch pad specification did you choose fro vesperaudio ?

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #3,150 of 4,783
Hi

Vesperaudio response just to have an idea of the cost.

All of our earpads are custom-made. So we can do many things - customize dimensions, materials, use memory foam etc.
To give you an idea of prices: Over ear 2 cm thick black leather+grey alcantara, fast foam is 59 usd, on-ear with the same options - 47 usd.
Priority, air, tracked parcel - 8 usd (France).

Andrew, witch pad specification did you choose fro vesperaudio ?

2cm leather fast foam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back