Audeze SINE Series
Jan 3, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #3,121 of 4,783
I feel the pad post are very relevant.

As do I, just wanted to see other posts discussing other topics of this fine headphone as well.

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #3,122 of 4,783
Is anybody offering to print up some 3d plastic adapters for a small fee? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3,123 of 4,783
hi
i've talked to vesper audio and the built their pads on request, wih materials , size and thickness as you wish.

so if we have some owner's feedback, we need these informations...

I'm currently running and HM5 angled for a couple of days, confort is way better. I'm still analysing the equalisation modification on my LPG.
+1Db bump at 200 and 500 hz, size 0.3 for the moment.

and a big down at 10500hz from -2Db to -5Db, size 0.5 depending on recording taste and quality.
0 to -2Db at 7500.
I do that even with the original sine pads.

Do you used the adapter for pad change?

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #3,124 of 4,783
no. I didn't.
I'm french so it's too complicated and doesn't seems necessary to keep the pad in place.

Maybe better sonically but I dunno

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #3,126 of 4,783
Very mutch cause i can have long sessions now but I have the versatility of the lotoo paw gold with the best equalizer I've ever used.

Without equalization the SINE is way too bright.

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #3,130 of 4,783
Hello, Quick question from a less experienced user. I have just bought Audeze Sine which I absolutely love. I am pairing it with Colorfly C200 + Aune B1 combo. Sines are very current hungry (like all planar magnetic headphones) and even Audeze recommends output power of 500 - 1000 mW. Does it mean my amp is not good for it? Aune B1 delivers just 50mW@32ohm and accrording to Audeze I would need 10 times more. o_O It's strange cause B1 is a really strong amp, driving tricky AKG K612s with no issues at all and my Sine doesn't sound like being not driven properly. Am I missing something here? Thx for help.

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #3,131 of 4,783
Hello, Quick question from a less experienced user. I have just bought Audeze Sine which I absolutely love. I am pairing it with Colorfly C200 + Aune B1 combo. Sines are very current hungry (like all planar magnetic headphones) and even Audeze recommends output power of 500 - 1000 mW. Does it mean my amp is not good for it? Aune B1 delivers just 50mW@32ohm and accrording to Audeze I would need 10 times more. o_O It's strange cause B1 is a really strong amp, driving tricky AKG K612s with no issues at all and my Sine doesn't sound like being not driven properly. Am I missing something here? Thx for help.

I think that you are missing the fact that 50mw 32ohm is the power in class A mode and Low current mode . The Aune b1 can work also in AB class and high current mode. So don't worry:wink: (sorry for my bad english)

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #3,133 of 4,783
No
Class AB means lower current so even less power?
. You have two switch on the B1. Class A- Class AB and Low gain- High gain.
50mw are for Class A Low gain. In their website there are no Full specs but in High gain mode you will have a lot more than 50mW (considera that sine are 20ohm Not 32ohm so there will be more mW compared to 32ohm Output)

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #3,134 of 4,783
Trip report

I spent a total of 10 hours flying on an Airbus A320 and Boeing 737. Both were showing about 80 dB of ambient noise seated mid cabin. With the stock pads I would say the sound isolation is fairly minimal compared to my IEMs. Assuming the -26 dB isolation of my IEMs is accurate, I would say the Sine reduces maybe 12-18 dB. This was less than I was hoping for and don't like the thought of listening to the Sines at high volume to compensate so I would not recommend these for any quality listening on flights. I normally listen to the Sines at about 40% volume but found myself around 60% on the plane so that's not good for my aging ears. The difference between listening at 80 db versus 90 db is 25 hours versus 2.5 hours of recommended maximum exposure per day to avoid damaging ones ears.

I will likely just keep this for the office.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #3,135 of 4,783
  Trip report

I spent a total of 10 hours flying on an Airbus A320 and Boeing 737. Both were showing about 80 dB of ambient noise seated mid cabin. With the stock pads I would say the sound isolation is fairly minimal compared to my IEMs. Assuming the -26 dB isolation of my IEMs is accurate, I would say the Sine reduces maybe 12-18 dB. This was less than I was hoping for and don't like the thought of listening to the Sines at high volume to compensate so I would not recommend these for any quality listening on flights. I normally listen to the Sines at about 40% volume but found myself around 60% on the plane so that's not good for my aging ears. The difference between listening at 80 db versus 90 db is 25 hours versus 2.5 hours of recommended maximum exposure per day to avoid damaging ones ears.

I will likely just keep this for the office.

grab bose.  though bose sucks sound wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back