Audeze SINE Series
Sep 21, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #2,614 of 4,783
Sine is a planar magnetic headphone and although it is meant to be used with portable devices, it is less efficient than other portable headphones. It is not surprising that the volume needs to be raised for Sine. E.g., on the Fiio E7, Sine gives the same volume at vol 20 what the ath M50 gives at vol 12, although Sine has less impedance than the M50.

Even if the Sine can be run at reasonable volume through some device, increased maximum power will improve the sound. This is explained in the Audeze support page. I ordered the Fiio E12 and this DAC: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B16X7WY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully, these should work well with the Sine. Thanks to inthere and others for their suggestions.

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #2,615 of 4,783
I just received mine in the mail, got them with the Cypher cable. They feel absolutely amazing with high quality materials and at first listen they sound fantastic. I can't wait to listen to them when I get home and actually have time to pay attention to the music!

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #2,616 of 4,783
Hi,
I listened Audeze Sine (today)  with Cipher on iPhone 6s (European) and on max volume I wasn't able to get proper listening levels on song such as:
Katie Melua - Shy Boy, Piece By Piece
Julia Fordham - Girlfriend, Happy as Ever
John Mayer - Neon (WTLI)
Rebecca Pidgeon - Kalerka

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #2,617 of 4,783
  Hi,
I listened Audeze Sine (today)  with Cipher on iPhone 6s (European) and on max volume I wasn't able to get proper listening levels on song such as:
John Mayer - Neon (WTLI)

Hmm.  My Sine w/ Cipher on iPhone 6 (U.S) is LOUD, at less than 1/3rd volume.  EDIT:  at 1/2 volume.

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #2,619 of 4,783
Hi,
John Mayer - Neon (WTLI)
Sounds like European volume capping getting the way there.

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #2,621 of 4,783
Is it any solution for volume capped Iphone?

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #2,622 of 4,783
May I ask, how's that Cayin C5 compared to the E12 for driving the Sines?

Cayin C5 does everything just a little bit better than E12-bigger soundstage, a little bit more powerful, but they have very similar bass boost switches and clarity. E12 is smaller, C5 has way better battery life.Both are awesome portables. 

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #2,624 of 4,783
  Hi,
John Mayer - Neon (WTLI)

I just played Shy Boy and Piece by Piece by Katie Melua on my European iPhone 6s (the only songs on your list I have). I find about 3/4 listening volume fairly loud, and full volume painful.

Does anyone know if the digital out is even limited on European phones?

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #2,625 of 4,783
I used tidal hifi with ios10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back