Audeze SINE Series
Sep 22, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #2,626 of 4,785
I don't have Tidal, I tested the built in music app, Vox, foobar (all playing local files) and Google Play Music (streaming) and the volumes were very similar (also on iOS10). 
Maybe our ears simply have a different threshold for volume. Do your friends or family also think the volume is too low?

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #2,627 of 4,785
  I don't have Tidal, I tested the built in music app, Vox, foobar (all playing local files) and Google Play Music (streaming) and the volumes were very similar (also on iOS10). 
Maybe our ears simply have a different threshold for volume. Do your friends or family also think the volume is too low?

Yes, maybe a cable is faulty.
It's qiet especially outdoors because it's on and without ANC

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #2,629 of 4,785

I don't use iPhone 6 for listening music anymore since I got the AK70 . 
ASTELL & KERN is so much better and simpler than iPhone + Oppo HA2 playing HD files through Onkyo App...
SINE works well without amp out of AK70 - my average listening level is 110  (max is 150), and i listen loud.

After using SINE 6 month i dedicate it rather to listening while working (seated) plugged on Burson Air Dac/amp , streaming HD files . When mobile i found the Sine rather too big/heavy/fragile so I prefer earplugs AK70 combo. No more music (all files deleted... more memory available) in my iPhone which vibrate in my pockets to remind me it's only a phone/web/mail (photo) tool , not a musical instrument !

Cipher Cable is useless. Use DAP for Music , not iPhones...

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #2,630 of 4,785
I don't think that a lot of people are able to buy DAP+Sine.
I have money but I don't want to carry DAP, phone, headphones.

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #2,631 of 4,785

I totally agree with you that is why:

i will save money on phone : when I replace my iPhone 6 I will chose Huawei (my wife's P9 lite is far superior to my iPhone 6).
i will save money on headphones : I will use earplugs (AZ- A2S results are better than Sine with AK70).

But let me tell you if you like music , DAP is a must.
(I discovered this lately, i was not a believer / early adopter on DAP until I tried)

Sep 23, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #2,632 of 4,785

Tried mojo + sine + p9. Put em all in light size bag. Pure miracle of music Camera and phone :) Having extra daplighting is handy but cant beat dap like mojo. Beside p9 had sdcard slot so no worry about being no space.

Sep 23, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #2,633 of 4,785
Tried mojo + sine + p9. Put em all in light size bag. Pure miracle of music Camera and phone :) Having extra daplighting is handy but cant beat dap like mojo. Beside p9 had sdcard slot so no worry about being no space.

Hi,
I have chord mojo +iphone combo too but it's not very portable. I use mojo in hotel etc. as traveling dac.
When I am on the go I don't want any extra cables just phone in my pocket and headphones on head that's all.

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #2,634 of 4,785
At last, I got my Sine-review done... My views have changed towards the positives in the 3 months I've had them:

What do you guys think? Are Sines a neutral headphone?

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #2,636 of 4,785
Hi,
I have chord mojo +iphone combo too but it's not very portable. I use mojo in hotel etc. as traveling dac.
When I am on the go I don't want any extra cables just phone in my pocket and headphones on head that's all.

+1

Sep 25, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #2,637 of 4,785
Aynone tried the sine and shure se 846? Im considering selling my shures and get the sine.I have come to the conclusion that i dont like in ears cause of diss comfort.The sine looks like an good portable headphone for walking around.How is the isolation? it dont have to be super,want to to hear cars and stuff around me,but of course not destroying the the music completly. :)

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #2,638 of 4,785
  Aynone tried the sine and shure se 846? Im considering selling my shures and get the sine.I have come to the conclusion that i dont like in ears cause of diss comfort.The sine looks like an good portable headphone for walking around.How is the isolation? it dont have to be super,want to to hear cars and stuff around me,but of course not destroying the the music completly. :)

Isolation seems to be just what you described. 

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #2,639 of 4,785

Comfort-wise, to be honest, Sine didn't excel at that. YMMV as every person ears were different, but for portable use, esp for walking around, I'll take any IEM than Sine.

That said, I once took Sine for walking, it isn't bad, as it fold flat, I can rest it in my neck when unused. The cable is rather thick, so it is quite annoying to me when walking around, you might want to change to a lighter and thinner cable. Isolation is decent, I think about average of what on-ear is capable of. I have no problem using Sine in noisy environment. But yeah, comfort... I can't wear Sine for more than an hour before it hurt my ears. Again YMMV. :)

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #2,640 of 4,785
  At last, I got my Sine-review done... My views have changed towards the positives in the 3 months I've had them:

What do you guys think? Are Sines a neutral headphone?

The transitions and music selection were top notch! Nice review 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back