Audeze SINE Series
Aug 30, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #2,431 of 4,783
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered previously.
Can anyone advise where I can buy a Cipher cable for the Audeze SINE? I rushed to purchase the headphones  with the standard cable on the understanding that the Cipher would be on the market soon after as an accessory for separate purchase, but I can't locate any after weeks of searching.
Any help would be welcome.

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #2,432 of 4,783
  Apologies if this question has been asked and answered previously.
Can anyone advise where I can buy a Cipher cable for the Audeze SINE? I rushed to purchase the headphones  with the standard cable on the understanding that the Cipher would be on the market soon after as an accessory for separate purchase, but I can't locate any after weeks of searching.
Any help would be welcome.

Don't hold your breath. I did the exact same thing. I was an early adopter and made the same assumption base on what their customer support told me. I followed up with them a few times and every time, the date got pushed back. The last thing I was told was that Apple is not allowing them to sell it individually right now. I know they are in business with Apple but REALLY??? They said maybe in a few months they would get permission. I translate that to mean after the iPhone 7/Plus/Pro/6SE or whatever is released. 

I was so annoyed. I searched high and low for a cipher cable. I even PM'd a few guys to try to get them to sell me their's haha. Let me know if you find one. Good luck :)

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #2,433 of 4,783
  Hi,
I'm evaluating a tube amp to buy for my Sine.
I would prefer a DIY kit, but lacking of a good choice, I would consider an already built tube amp.

Considering the low impendece of Audeze Sine (20 ohms) any suggestion, up to about 500 $ of budget?

The strong requisite is to well pair with 20 ohms headphones, and for tube amp this is very relevant.

For now, I'm evaluating:
  1. Elekit TU-882R, DIY, (http://www.vkmusic.ca/TU-882R.htm) Should be good with low impedence headphones, but due to the fact I live in Italy and actually the only way is to buy from Canada, this amp go to the limit of my budget, and I'm not sure I cannot spend better my money.
  2. Cavalli Audio Bijou, DIY, (http://www.cavalliaudio.com/pages/bijou) Good, but not for low impedence headphones.
  3. Some Schiit tube amp, but I'm not sure wich would be the best for Sine

Thank you in advance.

Up!

Aug 31, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #2,434 of 4,783
Here are some impressions after three days with Sine.
Sorry for my bad English, but I don't want that to stopping me writing.

First of all I must give Audeze my respect for making this headphones. From the first day I heard of them I thought that it was something I wanted to own.

I really like the idea of lightning powered phones. I while ago I purchased Philips fidelio M2L and enjoyed them a lot when I didn't want to bring external dac/amp on the go.

Comfort

My head is not ideal for this headphone. I have a small head with egg form top that give the headband a narrow area to rest on. They are quite heavy for there size. That with the lack of hair give me pain after a short while. This is not a problem with just Sine but with all phones with narrow headband without much padding.

I have made a lot of effort to test a ideal placement on my ears. This hasn't been easy. Maby my small ears contributed to that. I have now find what I think is the best way to wear them with a good seal to bring out the bass. But they then get serious sensitive to movements with the head and even depending of if my mouth is open or not. The sound alters quite a bit depending of these things.

I notice quite a lot of noise when the cable is touching my clothes.

So to conclude Sine is not made for me comfort wise. My Philips fidelio M2L is much more comfortable mostly to its much lesser weight. And they aren't so picky with placement on the ears. But I really want to give Sine more time to get used to because they sound wonderful. Maby test another pad.

Cipher

This is the reason I bought Sine. I wanted to test if Sine would bring a better sound than my Philips Fidelio M2L. And they certainly do. I think M2L sounds really good for the price. I payed more than five times the price of M2L for the Sine.

The sound out of Cipher is wonderful in my opinion. I really love it. One maby negative thing is that the volume could have a little more to give sometimes. But I understand that the limit is set by iOS capability to bring power to the phones. I have noticed when using Mojo with Sine that they want power to sound there best.

The sad thing is that Cipher keep losing contact with iOS mostly when I move around, but sometimes even when I sitting still. This appears with all my iOS units so I think there is something wrong with my Cipher cable.

Build

Fantastic looking headphone. And really stellar build in my opinion. One thing that irritates me is that the stitching on the headband is poor made in a area of one inches. And I think there is a risk that they will brake in that area in the future. And if not its not pretty on a in every other aspect stellar locking headphone. I really think that this should not have passed the quality control. But this is my only complaint on this otherwise excellent construed and build headphone.
I have the feeling that they are fragile and I notice that I baby them more than any other headphone I own. The gliding mechanism is another concern when I think that it should be more firm. The position is to easy to move. And Sine are so picky with placement on the ears that this gets irritating to all the time reposition them. Maby I am nitpicking now, but this is something that is important for my overall experience of using them.

So, I really love and hate this headphone in a way I never experienced before. They are so good but in the same time really hard to live with for me. Because of the Cipher doesn't work as it should for me I have been testing with the regular cable and Mojo and the sound very good together.

My last words is...Audeze you really made something wonderful. But I think there are some areas that could be improved, and I really think you will do that. The question for me is if I can live with the problems I have with it. The strange thing is that I probably will forgive Sine for the problematic things. And this is a big sign on how good the Sine are.

Some update:

Comfort

I'm starting to understand more and more that the shape and size of my head is the problem with comfort and fit. I have a small and narrow head compared with most others. I think that the clamping is less than it needs to be to make the headphones to change position when I move. That is the reason that the sound alters. I will try to bend the headband when my replacement arrives. I don't want to do it on the ones I have now because I'm sending them back. Maby that also will solve the problem with the spot on top of my head where I feel a pain from the headband.

Cipher

The problem with Cipher loosing contact remains. It's kinda strange that it occurs after I while when I've been listening. It's seldom a problem in the beginning of the session. But when it's started it continue whatever I do. I hope that the replacement will be stable because I really like the concept and to me the sound is great. Everything I was hoping for.

Build

Still gorgeous headphone. And maby I reacted to strongly about the gliding mechanism. But that is still an area that I would like some kind of lock to make them stay firm in one position. But that's just me.

So, they are growing on me and I feel more and more motivated to work to find solutions. Because the sund and convenience of not needing a stack on the go is what I'm after.

Maby try pads that are around the ears some day. I'm looking forward to hear how you that has tested the 3D printed kit feels about it. So far I think it looks very interesting.

Aug 31, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #2,436 of 4,783
Some update:

Comfort

I'm starting to understand more and more that the shape and size of my head is the problem with comfort and fit. I have a small and narrow head compared with most others. I think that the clamping is less than it needs to be to make the headphones to change position when I move. That is the reason that the sound alters. I will try to bend the headband when my replacement arrives. I don't want to do it on the ones I have now because I'm sending them back. Maby that also will solve the problem with the spot on top of my head where I feel a pain from the headband.

Cipher

The problem with Cipher loosing contact remains. It's kinda strange that it occurs after I while when I've been listening. It's seldom a problem in the beginning of the session. But when it's started it continue whatever I do. I hope that the replacement will be stable because I really like the concept and to me the sound is great. Everything I was hoping for.

Build

Still gorgeous headphone. And maby I reacted to strongly about the gliding mechanism. But that is still an area that I would like some kind of lock to make them stay firm in one position. But that's just me.

So, they are growing on me and I feel more and more motivated to work to find solutions. Because the sund and convenience of not needing a stack on the go is what I'm after.

Maby try pads that are around the ears some day. I'm looking forward to hear how you that has tested the 3D printed kit feels about it. So far I think it looks very interesting.

Bending did help with comfort, especially the headband! I bent mine, it's now has less clamping force and better fit the top of my head. I can happily report that the headband have no issue at all anymore, while previously there is some hotspot. The pads still cause discomfort, but at least I can wear it for a couple of hours now before my ears start hurting. Anyway, if you want to bend, careful not to bend from the earcups, the joint can be a weak point. I accidentally bent the joint at one point, thanksfully it can be bent back as it seems to be all metal support.

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #2,437 of 4,783
Does anyone happen to have 2 Sines?
Initially bought one with cipher, decided to get another one for office to use with Mojo and they seem to have noticeable volume difference on the identical Mojo volume setting.
Anyone experienced similar issue?

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #2,438 of 4,783
interesting, what about tonality ? do both headphones sound same in terms of tonality ?

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #2,440 of 4,783
As far as I can tell - yes, but I can't say for sure that volume levels were identical, tried to increase volume on the newer ones to comfort level - sounded not quite as good as old ones, but they were not burned in yet, may be 2 hours total.

By 'Not as good' I mean less airy probably.

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #2,441 of 4,783
i thought you got two pairs of Sine at the same time and both headphones were new and not burned in when you compared them to each other ...
Now i see that you have an old pair that have some hours of playback on them and a new pair that is not burned-in.   That makes sense now, a brand new headphone will sound different compared to a burned in headphone ...

Play some music on a new pair of Sine and it will sound just as good as your old pair =)

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #2,443 of 4,783
I don't recommend using any noise or any burn in cd's. It can put unwanted effects to the sound...
Best way is burning with music, viarity is good from jazz to techno from rock to classic music, make sure you change volume levels, don't leave headphones on same volume level all the time...

Burn in 8 hours then 2 hours pause, 300 hours and it's fine...

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #2,444 of 4,783
I don't recommend using any noise or any burn in cd's. It can put unwanted effects to the sound...
Best way is burning with music, viarity is good from jazz to techno from rock to classic music, make sure you change volume levels, don't leave headphones on same volume level all the time...

Burn in 8 hours then 2 hours pause, 300 hours and it's fine...

This ^^^

with noise you get no dynamics.....

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #2,445 of 4,783
Got my exchange Sine yesterday. So far Cipher working as it should.

I'm really interested to hear impressions from you that have tested over ear pads on Sine. It would be very nice if you could tell what pads you used and how they sounded compared with standard pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back