Audeze SINE Series
Aug 16, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #2,311 of 4,785

Hi jodgey4. Thanks for your reply. So if I understand correctly, +3dB to 64 and 125? I'll give that a go. 

I'd start with just the one 3dB low shelf boost at 64. Though of course, it's whatever your ears like :D. You could be like me and really crank it up if you wanted (I'll attach a pic), haha.

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #2,312 of 4,785
  I'd start with just the one 3dB low shelf boost at 64. Though of course, it's whatever your ears like :D. You could be like me and really crank it up if you wanted (I'll attach a pic), haha.

Do you really boost that widely and that much? Don't you get all kinds of clipping and distortion or do you turn the preamp gain down to compensate for the boost?

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #2,313 of 4,785
Yea, I just don't have the pre-amp shown in there. I have it fully -16dB. This is for my LCD-2s, with an Audio-GD NFB-28 that can do ~7W. I can add additional +8dB 55Hz boost and still get enough volume usually.

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #2,314 of 4,785
I asked Vesper audio to make some thick thick THICK velour Earpads for my Sine and this is what they made:

I asked for 3cm thick pads..........I'm noticing an increased soundstage but a volume drop and a slight loss of mids.

I think I'll ask for 2cm velours next and also some 2cm leathers.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #2,315 of 4,785
I asked Vesper audio to make some thick thick THICK velour Earpads for my Sine and this is what they made:

I asked for 3cm thick pads..........I'm noticing an increased soundstage but a volume drop and a slight loss of mids.

Wow, that is THICK. Looking forward to the 2cm version. :D

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #2,316 of 4,785
God, do those look comfy. I think the 2cm leather ones might do it. 

How much did it cost to have them made?

Quote:

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #2,317 of 4,785
I think about $ 90

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #2,318 of 4,785

*SNIP*

I think about $ 90

Do they have a link and will they do custom orders by mail?  That looks like what I need (well, hopefully the 2cm version).
Heck, even the stock pad size if it was in velour!
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #2,319 of 4,785
Has anyone else had a "no cable" screen with the audeze plugged into an idevice running audeze app?
My ipad plays music through it perfectly, but the audeze app doesn't seem to know the phones are plugged in.

I cannot change eq, nor update firmware.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #2,320 of 4,785
Just wanted to follow up on my cable search. I found the Denon AH-D600 and AH-D7100 cable is the same cable that the Sine uses and you can get it for about $21 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KX5P06G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a 6 foot cable and is pretty high quality, with a rubber-ish upper mono wrap and braided wrap below. It's much easier to use than the stock Sine cables which I found very springy, wide and annoying.

Aug 17, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #2,321 of 4,785
  Yea, I just don't have the pre-amp shown in there. I have it fully -16dB. This is for my LCD-2s, with an Audio-GD NFB-28 that can do ~7W. I can add additional +8dB 55Hz boost and still get enough volume usually.

Nice, I'm having my LCD2Fs replaced. They arrived with a bad left driver (brand new 2016 production). The driver cut out but sometimes played fine for even a few hours so I think it is just poor solder at the cup. I liked what I heard and I also bass boost them, but only up by 4.5db in total over three EasyQ nodes. Maybe I'll try being more aggressive like you are doing and see how it works out.

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #2,322 of 4,785
  Nice, I'm having my LCD2Fs replaced. They arrived with a bad left driver (brand new 2016 production). The driver cut out but sometimes played fine for even a few hours so I think it is just poor solder at the cup. I liked what I heard and I also bass boost them, but only up by 4.5db in total over three EasyQ nodes. Maybe I'll try being more aggressive like you are doing and see how it works out.

I mostly just do that for hip hop/H-Town, and other electronic music. It's usually not on, though it's a lot of fun! The 4.5dB certainly helps warm up the sound a bit, I bet, though I really like the natural bass levels!

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #2,323 of 4,785
  Do they have a link and will they do custom orders by mail?  That looks like what I need (well, hopefully the 2cm version).
Heck, even the stock pad size if it was in velour!
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Found the link and will contact them.  Thanks to inthere for the post about the replacement ear pads!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #2,324 of 4,785
  I mostly just do that for hip hop/H-Town, and other electronic music. It's usually not on, though it's a lot of fun! The 4.5dB certainly helps warm up the sound a bit, I bet, though I really like the natural bass levels!

Yes, the slight boost gives them, or really any open headphone a little punch of warmth through the low end which helps. I'm also into electronica, some Hip-Hop etc so I will experiment with a little more boost, maybe move up to 6db. Yes, I also do like the natural bass of the LCD2F quite a bit, but I still like to nudge it a tad. Can you PM me some good H-Town suggestions brother? I hate searching around so a curated suggestion would be awesome, even just a few suggestions.

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #2,325 of 4,785
  Just wanted to follow up on my cable search. I found the Denon AD600 and AD7100 cable is the same cable that the Sine uses and you can get it for about $21 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KX5P06G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a 6 foot cable and is pretty high quality, with a rubber-ish upper mono wrap and braided wrap below. It's much easier to use than the stock Sine cables which I found very springy, wide and annoying.

I apologize in advance if you've already addressed this but I've gotta know what's going on inside those ear cups buddy! Additionally, what's the impact on the comfort, seal, and sound signature???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back