Audeze SINE Series
Aug 13, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #2,296 of 4,775
  Anyone find a replacement cable for these Sines? I'd like to have a spare cable or something that is a little bit longer around if possible. I was wondering if I could rig up my own using a 3.5mm stereo to dual 3.5mm mono, but not sure if a standard 3.5mm mono will fit into that weird recess in each cup or not.

edit: looks like my v-moda stereo 3.5mm would fit in the cup jack. It's got a really thin end. Now gotta find something like that in a mono..

A cable and softer ear pads would do it for me... 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #2,298 of 4,775
  A cable and softer ear pads would do it for me... 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Agreed. Audeze would make some extra cash on accessories from me if they released a larger over-ear pad, a longer cable, and a cable with mic for use on Android/Blackberry/Windows Phone. Why would you make a semi-proprietary adapter and not make proprietary accessories to cash out on? 

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #2,299 of 4,775
  Agreed. Audeze would make some extra cash on accessories from me if they released a larger over-ear pad, a longer cable, and a cable with mic for use on Android/Blackberry/Windows Phone. Why would you make a semi-proprietary adapter and not make proprietary accessories to cash out on? 

Likely wanting to see what consumer response was like. I would also guess that the minimum level of stock availability they would have had to guarantee for Apple to agree to sell through Apple stores might have tied up a ton of cash/production capacity. Speculating of course, but I would also think we will see some of these accessories before too long.

Aug 14, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #2,300 of 4,775
I'm sure they'll offer replacement pads eventually but are backlogged on the headphones themselves. But I doubt they'll offer over ear pads... Maybe brainwavz will come up with something that works.

On the cable its 2 ea mono 3.5mm so the audioquest nighthawk and Oppo PM3 both use the same connector...

Maybe this? Its only 20 bucks but gets you a couple more feet.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=OPDHC18&variation=1.8&gclid=CjwKEAjwiru9BRDwyKmR08L3iS0SJABN8T4vLvkKzo08LgD4vEwphNc3rAOcxS2-xOirjsjN0ZN2URoC74nw_wcB

They just don't have the sharp angle... Maybe an extension cable like Shure and Grado offer. I know the cable is maybe a foot short of what I'd want.

I've got 3 rolls of OFC copper and a soldering station so I'm gonna roll my own.

Aug 14, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #2,301 of 4,775
I'm sure they'll offer replacement pads eventually but are backlogged on the headphones themselves. But I doubt they'll offer over ear pads... Maybe brainwavz will come up with something that works.

On the cable its 2 ea mono 3.5mm so the audioquest nighthawk and Oppo PM3 both use the same connector...

Maybe this? Its only 20 bucks but gets you a couple more feet.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=OPDHC18&variation=1.8&gclid=CjwKEAjwiru9BRDwyKmR08L3iS0SJABN8T4vLvkKzo08LgD4vEwphNc3rAOcxS2-xOirjsjN0ZN2URoC74nw_wcB

They just don't have the sharp angle... Maybe an extension cable like Shure and Grado offer. I know the cable is maybe a foot short of what I'd want.

I've got 3 rolls of OFC copper and a soldering station so I'm gonna roll my own.

Thanks for the link! 6 feet is perfect. I should have checked Audio Advisors. Love that site. :)

Aug 14, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #2,303 of 4,775
  Pretty sure those plugs that go into the headphones on Oppo cables are 2.5mm, not 3.5mm.

Oppo PM-1 and PM-2 use 2.5mm. Oppo PM-3 use 3.5mm.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Aug 14, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #2,304 of 4,775
  Pretty sure those plugs that go into the headphones on Oppo cables are 2.5mm, not 3.5mm.

Oppo PM-1 and PM-2 use 2.5mm. Oppo PM-3 use 3.5mm.

Thanks. I didn't purchase them, though you could convert 2.5 to 3.5 right?

I may try to splice together my own.

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #2,305 of 4,775
Just want to see if anyone can help me with this. I am really enjoying my Sines and they are starting to make me question what I thought I liked in terms of headphones. I always thought my preferences leaned more towards bright headphones ie: ps500e, Beyerdynamic T1, but I am really enjoying the sound signature of the Sines, I have never listened to Audeze headphones so I am not sure if the sines represent the house sound of audeze or what open home headphones would they be simular to? who would be the best at home, "big Brother" to the sines?

Thanks,
James

Aug 15, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #2,306 of 4,775
Just want to see if anyone can help me with this. I am really enjoying my Sines and they are starting to make me question what I thought I liked in terms of headphones. I always thought my preferences leaned more towards bright headphones ie: ps500e, Beyerdynamic T1, but I am really enjoying the sound signature of the Sines, I have never listened to Audeze headphones so I am not sure if the sines represent the house sound of audeze or what open home headphones would they be simular to? who would be the best at home, "big Brother" to the sines?

Thanks,
James

I have the Sine as well as the LCD-XC and the LCD-4. The LCD-XC are my favorite closed back headphones, a fitting big brother for the Sine. However, the LCD-X is also really good. If you want to stay with closed back and love Audeze's house sound, you can't go wrong with the XC. If you want to venture to open back to compliment your closed Sine, LCD-X is a nice choice. Nice thing about all 3 choices is they are easily driven.
I don't know how you are using your Sine, I use mine as a portable headphone with the cipher cable, but they will upscale nicely with a more powerful amp.

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #2,307 of 4,775
Tyll at Innerfidelity mentioned in his review of the Sine that the Cypher cable has a +3dB boost to the boost built in in order to conform more closely to the Harman target response. I wonder does anyone in this thread know which frequencies those of us without Cypher cables could boost to replicate the bass boost? (I.e 32, 64, 125 or 250 etc and by how many decibels). I'm using Equalizer APO for Windows. 

Aug 15, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #2,308 of 4,775
For those looking for a case, I picked up the geekaria ejb5401 and it fits the Audeze Sines perfectly. It comes with a removable pouch that velcros into the case in any position. It closes with the cables installed, though just barely. This is the Black outer/white inner model. It's about $18 on Amazon.

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #2,309 of 4,775
  Tyll at Innerfidelity mentioned in his review of the Sine that the Cypher cable has a +3dB boost to the boost built in in order to conform more closely to the Harman target response. I wonder does anyone in this thread know which frequencies those of us without Cypher cables could boost to replicate the bass boost? (I.e 32, 64, 125 or 250 etc and by how many decibels). I'm using Equalizer APO for Windows. 

My best guess would be 64Hz +3dB as a low shelf - mostly sub frequencies. Tyll would probably move that up to 125 for his warmer preferred sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back