Audeze SINE Series
Jul 24, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #1,951 of 4,783
Jul 24, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #1,952 of 4,783
Hello

I have a Grado RS2e and a SR325i

I think that all Grados sound signature is a bit too bright. 
Sometimes it is annoying with sharp S-vocals.

The sound of the Sine is warm, smooth and relaxed.
But ALL details are there, nothing is missig.
I think for long listenig the sines are more comfort to hear.

For some rock, i love the attack of grados,
but most music sounds more natural with my audeze.

Kind regards

Ingo

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #1,954 of 4,783
I installed the Brainwave HM5 pads right over top of the regular Sine pads, and it works fine.  Fully removing the existing pads requires a lot of work - https://www.audeze.com/padschange

Those instructions are for the LCD series headphones, the Sine ear pads come off super easy-you just pull them off. You don't need any tools.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #1,955 of 4,783
I finally had a chance to sit down and listen with these, both using the Lightning cable from my iPhone and through a Resonessence Mirus + Audeze King set-up at Audeze's HQ. They scaled incredibly well considering their price. I also got to see the very simple and clever way they are manufactured. I'll put up pictures from my factory tour once I get back to Japan.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #1,956 of 4,783
So I am starting to like the Sine's more and more, one thing I did notice and I'm not sure as to why this happens, but there is a sweet spot in the volume, in other words at a lower volume they sound good, but with just one step up on the volume at one point, it really improves, what exactly causes this? I am only running it through the headphone jack of the iphone 6, so is this  a situation where the lightning cable with amp and dac will make a big difference? I hope what I am talking about made sense. Kinda hard to explain.

James

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #1,957 of 4,783
  So I am starting to like the Sine's more and more, one thing I did notice and I'm not sure as to why this happens, but there is a sweet spot in the volume, in other words at a lower volume they sound good, but with just one step up on the volume at one point, it really improves, what exactly causes this? I am only running it through the headphone jack of the iphone 6, so is this  a situation where the lightning cable with amp and dac will make a big difference? I hope what I am talking about made sense. Kinda hard to explain.

James

Yes, I found that the Cipher cable makes a bit difference out of the iPhone 6.  More presence and lively feeling to the music.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #1,958 of 4,783
Personally I find the Cipher cable to be rather aggressive and somewhat harsh. It's exciting and impressive when you first listen to it, but after about 5 mins you realise that it's not really right. I actually prefer the unsing the standard cable with my iPod Touch for mobile use, even though it takes a fair wack of volume from the iPod to get it going.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #1,961 of 4,783

Yes, I found that the Cipher cable makes a bit difference out of the iPhone 6.  More presence and lively feeling to the music.

Yea.....and that is the difference I get with a slightly more volume. I was wondering one thing about the Cipher cable. I unfortunately do not have one and I understand the price could be about $150 when released for individual purpose. Has there been any kind of info in regards to the quality of amp/Dac ect in the cable. Seems like more companies would be making paper thin portable amp/dac's if the needed equipment to do so can be placed in that small of an area in the cipher cable. Why are the "Bricks" still being made when all is needed is the size of a Fiio E6?  Or could the quality of the amp/dac in the cipher cable not be what you get with the larger combos?

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #1,962 of 4,783
The Cipher is great for giving a good boost, bypassing Apple DAC and using a better one, and EQing capabilities through the app while remaining extremely portable. Not to mention whatever Audeze will be adding to the app in the future besides EQ.  It's all about convenience. Of course my Sine's sound better when I plug them into my Schiit Bifrost/Lyr stack, but it's nice to not have carry the equivalent of 3 phones, size-wise, just to get that portable, extra amp/dac oomph that the cipher gives it. It's not meant to replace desktop rigs or Mojos for that matter, but it does do a nice job for what it is.

Jul 25, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #1,963 of 4,783
It's not meant to replace desktop rigs or Mojos for that matter, but it does do a nice job for what it is.

I think you make a great point. I admit I found myself wanting the same sound quality from my portable rig that I get from my "at home" setup, and it's just asking too much, considering this is portable, with only the need for the cell phone you are already carrying, it does an incredible job!!

James

Jul 25, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #1,964 of 4,783
I finally had a chance to sit down and listen with these, both using the Lightning cable from my iPhone and through a Resonessence Mirus + Audeze King set-up at Audeze's HQ. They scaled incredibly well considering their price. I also got to see the very simple and clever way they are manufactured. I'll put up pictures from my factory tour once I get back to Japan.

A factory tour will be awesome! Waiting patiently for that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back