Audeze SINE Series
Jan 5, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #21 of 4,785

Absolutely!
biggrin.gif

While I may not be a fan of the EL-8 series SQ (but I love their industrial design), I consider the LCD series to be some of the best sounding headphones available.

PM sent. 
L3000.gif

If only they were lighter... HiFiman did something about it, I hope Audeze will follow the same path!

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #22 of 4,785
at 230g, the Sine are lighter than most planar magnetic cans including Oppo PM-3.

Jan 6, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #23 of 4,785
  @XERO1 Looks like you are based in SoCal. Want to come by next week and check out the SQ on Sine ?

Not sure if this is open for anyone else to try, but I am based in socal too and I would love to give these headphones a shot!

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #25 of 4,785
Looking forward to hearing more. To date my favourite cans I have heard were the lcd3 and favs I have owned were the lcd2r1 with silver dragon cable.
I however have progressed into a more portable/transportable usage case.
I am currently using iems (ie800), however I have tried the pm3 and the el8 and wasn't impressed with either.
I thought they were just missing planar magic.
Having had the LCD, maddog 3.2 and alpha dog, I really loved that sound.

Hoping for a bit more of that magic with this. Also currently using a chord mojo, but if I can get good sound from the lightning port all the better.

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #29 of 4,785
I am currently using iems (ie800), however I have tried the pm3 and the el8 and wasn't impressed with either.
Hoping for a bit more of that magic with this. Also currently using a chord mojo, but if I can get good sound from the lightning port all the better.

Haha. Does this thing have a spoiler tag? Oh yes it does.

Wait a couple days
for them to release INSINE, an in-ear planar magnetic earphone.

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #30 of 4,785
Subbed.  I'm glad I haven't yet pulled the trigger on Oppo PM-3s.  Hopefully they will have a Sine Titanium with Cipher Lightning cable like the EL-8 as I'm looking for a portable option with as little compromises as possible without needing to carry an amp.

Probably wishful thinking but I would love a Cipher cable that terminates to a standard unbalanced 3.5 mini on the headphone end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back