Audeze SINE Series
Apr 28, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #916 of 4,788
Just bought my ticket for the Sine train and ordered Cipher version. In my quest for the perfect portable I'm excited to see how it compares to Momentum 2, PM-3 and Crossfade M-100 (all of which I've demoed).

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #918 of 4,788
I either have owned or own them all...they all sound different. Which you prefer is what sound signature you are looking for. Personal preference and factoring in all aspects of a hp I would rank them in this order:

1) SINES
2) Meze
3) PM-3

The Meze have a fun sound that make music fun. I did not care for the earpads(shallow) and the headband contraption is no conducive to portable use outside the home. They are easily driven by any source.

The PM-3 were just boring to me, not bad , just kinda boring in their sound signature.

Thanks for your impressions. I agree the Meze headband gizmo does not make it to portable. The Sine sounds pretty intriguing, and I can not wait, to try them out.

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #919 of 4,788
I hope to demo the Sine, in a few weeks. I want to compare the Sine to the Oppo PM-3 and the Meze 99 Classics. My hypothesis is the Sine will sound better, but to what degree, that is the question.

Wonder how they compare to Ether-C as well.
Closed planar to closed planar.

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #921 of 4,788
Sine have the Audeze house sound, there c are nuetral-bright. Totally difference sound Sig.

Oh well, I hate neutral bright. Too fatiguing over long listening sessions.
Think I may try to save for these and get a Project xxxxxx tube amp to pair with them.

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #922 of 4,788
Oh well, I hate neutral bright. Too fatiguing over long listening sessions.
Think I may try to save for these and get a Project xxxxxx tube amp to pair with them.

I didn't find them fatiguing, but I did find the bass neutral to a little light. I traded for an lcdxc, which I have discovered is the headphone God made for me:)

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #923 of 4,788
Just wanted to follow up on the review i wrote a few days ago.

I mentioned that the Sines didnt sound so good with my current mp3 player. In reality, its not the Sines fault. It only plays what its given. I guess the point i should have made was, these cans need an amp and lossless music only.

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #924 of 4,788
After listening to the el-8, the sines are next on my list.
I dont know what people are saying when they say the el-8 is bad. These combine the qualities of my three fave headphones into one. If the sines are as good, ill be VERY happy

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #925 of 4,788
I dont know what people are saying when they say the el-8 is bad. These combine the qualities of my three fave headphones into one. If the sines are as good, ill be VERY happy

I think the EL-8 was re-voiced after launch to improve it.

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #927 of 4,788

There were a LOT of defective EL-8s released last year with screeching treble and that's where the "bad" reports came from. Some were even demo units.

I have both the EL-8 and the Sine.......EL-8 has more treble and less bass so some may prefer that tuning as it is a more high end tuning, however the Sine has smoother treble and more bass so it has a warmer presentation.

The Sine is also very light compared to the EL-8 which is definitely a heavy headphone.

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #929 of 4,788

There were a LOT of defective EL-8s released last year with screeching treble and that's where the "bad" reports came from. Some were even demo units.

I have both the EL-8 and the Sine.......EL-8 has more treble and less bass so some may prefer that tuning as it is a more high end tuning, however the Sine has smoother treble and more bass so it has a warmer presentation.

The Sine is also very light compared to the EL-8 which is definitely a heavy headphone.

The Sine has even MORE bass than the EL-8????
eek.gif
 . Jeez. The EL-8 is a skull crusher bass wise.
basshead.gif
L3000.gif
Oh man.....I just shelled out for the EL-8.....
redface.gif
...Itching again
biggrin.gif
. My wallet can't cry. It's laid up in the hospital, in a coma, on life support.
L3000.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #930 of 4,788

inthere did you try different pads with the Sine?

No, they're kind of a funny shape so I haven't even thought about it, going to try now though, wish me luck!

*edit* Hmmm, seems I have a very small selection of on ear pads so going to have to delay that while I order some

Users who are viewing this thread

Back