Audeze SINE Series
Aug 20, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #3,661 of 4,785
It's very easy. Take off the pads and you find four screws that holds the backside. Between the driver and backside there is a Fabric thing with a seam containing cables. Maby a combined damping and to prevent cables rattling against the backside and driver. What do you think?
I think why I never being through this. You have just open a new mod road.
Great, I will do it to mine Sines.
I think that they have a filter LC. I read it in "sine dx post" in headfi, they say also that the "sine dx" not need it.
I think if it is possible to make a cup for open air with 3d printer.
I have my mind just opened.
Do you hear it with open cup. With on ear pads original or over ear pads if you have?
Tell us your opinion.
I will do it next week because I left.

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #3,662 of 4,785
Thanks! I haven't read do thread. Will do that.

I'm really carful to make statements about sound. First of all my audio memory is short. And I don't like to rapidly make the changes ex on and of with pads.

When I first took of the backside I thought it sounded very open and airy. But have to test more. I angled out the fabric thing so the driver could breathe. But I think there is a kind of circuit board with holes in between the driver and fabric thing.

It really interesting if it's possible to mod it to open design :)

I'm using msr-7 over ear pads.

Aug 20, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #3,663 of 4,785
IMG_4382.JPG

Aug 21, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #3,665 of 4,785
It's very easy. Take off the pads and you find four screws that holds the backside. Between the driver and backside there is a Fabric thing with a seam containing cables. Maby a combined damping and to prevent cables rattling against the backside and driver. What do you think?
there is some sorts of capacitors from previous posts inside the pouch

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #3,670 of 4,785
20170821_230113.jpg
20170821_225013.jpg
And then I noticed that this cover shell is made from plastic and has a wear something like leather.
And then noticed that the shell ot is not sealed very well and I take bluetak fit it on the perimeter and then I put back the shells and screw on. And check the sound with different pads..... better isolation better bass I think.... can anyone do this test? I think Audeze must consider this.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #3,671 of 4,785
And then I noticed that this cover shell is made from plastic and has a wear something like leather.
And then noticed that the shell ot is not sealed very well and I take bluetak fit it on the perimeter and then I put back the shells and screw on. And check the sound with different pads..... better isolation better bass I think.... can anyone do this test? I think Audeze must consider this.
dude, have you noticed there is air vent along the sides of the sine?

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #3,673 of 4,785
Hello. First time poster in this thread. I have auditioned the PM3 several times and was VERY impressed, but can't fins a great deal anywhere. I was in touch with a west coast dealer (I am on the east coast). He offered me a Really good deal, but I have never heard the Sines. I have to pay shipping to and from (if he'll accept a return).

My favourite music is rock and my favourite instrument is the voice (Florence and the Machine, Kings of Leon, Garbage, some Adele, etc.). Two years ago I discovered jazz (Miles Davis, Trombone Shorty, John Coltrane, etc.).

Would I be super impressed with vocals and horns on the Sines?

This would a big step up for me money wise so I want to make the right choice. I can get these for $86.00 less than the PM3'S.

Thanks for your opinions!

Shane D

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #3,674 of 4,785
Hello. First time poster in this thread. I have auditioned the PM3 several times and was VERY impressed, but can't fins a great deal anywhere. I was in touch with a west coast dealer (I am on the east coast). He offered me a Really good deal, but I have never heard the Sines. I have to pay shipping to and from (if he'll accept a return).

My favourite music is rock and my favourite instrument is the voice (Florence and the Machine, Kings of Leon, Garbage, some Adele, etc.). Two years ago I discovered jazz (Miles Davis, Trombone Shorty, John Coltrane, etc.).

Would I be super impressed with vocals and horns on the Sines?

This would a big step up for me money wise so I want to make the right choice. I can get these for $86.00 less than the PM3'S.

Thanks for your opinions!

Shane D

Hi Shane,

There are a great phone for those genres, however, if you're going to be running them from either an ipod classic or a NWZ A17, those two devices won't have the juice to power them effectively or efficiently. Absent the lightening cable (which won't be able to be used with the Classic), most people are running the Sines through high power output daps or through amps. The Sines really need a lot of power to be driven effectively.

regards,

Giles

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #3,675 of 4,785
Hi Shane,

There are a great phone for those genres, however, if you're going to be running them from either an ipod classic or a NWZ A17, those two devices won't have the juice to power them effectively or efficiently. Absent the lightening cable (which won't be able to be used with the Classic), most people are running the Sines through high power output daps or through amps. The Sines really need a lot of power to be driven effectively.

regards,

Giles
I wondered about that. I have seen 500mW recommended. Weird for a "portable headphone".

I am going to be buying a desktop amp in the near future for my incoming HD6XX.

I have heard the PM3'S with my DAP'S and they sounded pretty good. And they improve with an amp.

Thanks for the feedback!

Shane D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back