Audeze SINE Series
Aug 12, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #3,647 of 4,785
I received an Audeze SINE today along with a beyerdynamic A 200 p DAC/amp.

Unfortunately, the amp is too weak and doesn't get loud enough with some tracks, and I suspect it's holding back the sound quality as well. I traded away my Chord Mojo, so I can't try it with that.

How much does the SINE scale with a better amp? Any recommendations for an affordable one that would get me better sound and plenty of volume?

This is only to test the SINE properly to see if I want to keep it longer. (No headphone can touch my speakers, at least for me, but it's still nice to have a good headphone around.)

Aug 12, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #3,648 of 4,785
i'd say you need something around 450-750 mw to properly power the sine. a mojo does that and is a great pairing with the sine.

these are bad at scaling with higher end gear beyond that but they do sound good once property powered. try it with the cypher cable and an iphone if you have that handy.

Aug 13, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #3,649 of 4,785
i'd say you need something around 450-750 mw to properly power the sine. a mojo does that and is a great pairing with the sine.

these are bad at scaling with higher end gear beyond that but they do sound good once property powered. try it with the cypher cable and an iphone if you have that handy.

I ended up buying an SMSL sAp II desktop amp (which can output over a watt) so I should be set.

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #3,651 of 4,785
Just a quick thank you to everyone who recommended switching the earpads on these. I just grabbed the Momentum pads from Amazon for a few bucks, and now my Sines are much more comfortable.

The main difference I notice with the sound is that, using the Cipher cable, I have more range from the volume. I seem to listen much more quietly than many in this thread, and I felt like the Sines were a bit too loud at the lowest volume setting to use while working. Now I've got more volume range to work with, more comfortable headphones, and better isolation.

Aug 15, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #3,653 of 4,785
IMG_5700.JPG
IMG_5702.JPG

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #3,655 of 4,785
Ah, that's more like it. Now that it's properly driven, the SINE indeed sounds quite nice. Not in the league of better open-backs or my speakers, of course, but still probably in the top 25% of headphones I have heard. Although this is marketed as an on-ear, it's fully over-ear for me. (Though it's a tight fit.)

Aug 16, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #3,656 of 4,785
Ah, that's more like it. Now that it's properly driven, the SINE indeed sounds quite nice. Not in the league of better open-backs or my speakers, of course, but still probably in the top 25% of headphones I have heard. Although this is marketed as an on-ear, it's fully over-ear for me. (Though it's a tight fit.)
i found the new replacement is easier to drive than the old broken one.

Aug 20, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #3,660 of 4,785
It's very easy. Take off the pads and you find four screws that holds the backside. Between the driver and backside there is a Fabric thing with a seam containing cables. Maby a combined damping and to prevent cables rattling against the backside and driver. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back