Audeze SINE Series
Mar 17, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #331 of 4,783
Anyone messing with the pads on this thing? I have a perverse desire to turn this on-ear into an over-ear with larger pads. The pads from a crappy pair of MEE audio headphones I have fit on the Sine with some work and do indeed turn them into an over-ear pair. However, the sound takes a major hit with the MEE pads. Wondering if anyone's had any luck here.

Mar 19, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #335 of 4,783

"Best lows I have heard in headphones under $1000" 
eek.gif

I should have waited for the version with the Cipher cable..

@Audeze, are you going to offer a discount for the Cipher cable to the "early adopters" ?

Mar 19, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #336 of 4,783
Been quite impressed with the Sine over the last week so I figured I would go to my Apple store and pick up an EL-8 closed back to see if it were even better. Should have listened to the community and stayed away from those things. While I found the EL-8 has a more exciting lower end, everything else was markedly worse IMO compared to the Sine. The EL-8's midrange was completely sucked out,and what little midrange remained was muddled. The highs were exciting but strayed into sibilance far too often. I'll definitely be sticking with the Sine, which seems to be punching above its weight. 

Mar 19, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #337 of 4,783

"Best lows I have heard in headphones under $1000" 
eek.gif

I should have waited for the version with the Cipher cable..

@Audeze, are you going to offer a discount for the Cipher cable to the "early adopters" ?

Still, you hear that all the time best this or that at this price range, and it is so vague and subjective hard to know when the last time the person actually heard the headphones they are referring to in their comparison. Audio memory is rather short so I can't imagine how somebody could remember with any degree of accuracy what the bass was like on all of those other headphones. Not to be a dink, but if I had a dime for every reviewer who said this is the best whatever within this price range I could likely buy the Sine with those dimes.

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #338 of 4,783
Totally agree- I would like to hear more comments comparing it to the Pm-3s or other closed portable headphones. i am ready to pull the trigger but i will patiently await more reviews and comparisons. I guess i could return them if i dont like them. choices and more choices lol

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #339 of 4,783
Has anyone tried working out (gym) with these hps? I'm wondering whether the clamp force is good enough for that kind of use. I'm trying to find a good all around portable headphone (for all types of use cases) and was heavily leaning towards the PM-3 before these were released. I used to own Sennheiser's urbanite (on-ear) which didn't really function well in mobile use because it had to be re-adjusted all the time..

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #340 of 4,783

To be frank, I guess audeze tries to bring their signature sound to on ear...but the result is mixed bag. The sound is comforting and forgiving but without any liveliness and weirdly sometimes some part of treble is irritating, so there must be peak in somewhere.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #341 of 4,783
Has anyone tried working out (gym) with these hps? I'm wondering whether the clamp force is good enough for that kind of use. I'm trying to find a good all around portable headphone (for all types of use cases) and was heavily leaning towards the PM-3 before these were released. I used to own Sennheiser's urbanite (on-ear) which didn't really function well in mobile use because it had to be re-adjusted all the time..

After living with them since they first came out I'd say probably not, but I did take a fast walk through the neighborhood last weekend with them and they did pretty good, but the leather did get a bit sweaty. But then again, I see people at the gym with headphones I'd never try to work out in, so what do I know? I prefer IEM for the gym.

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #342 of 4,783

To be frank, I guess audeze tries to bring their signature sound to on ear...but the result is mixed bag. The sound is comforting and forgiving but without any liveliness and weirdly sometimes some part of treble is irritating, so there must be peak in somewhere.

Thanks for the comments, but this is why is so hard to figure out if you want to buy or not.  Some say it was more livelier and fun than PM-3s, but other find them 'without any liveliness".  Also first time I hear about irritating treble.  I guess the only solution is either find a place where you can audition or just buy them  and return them if you don't like them.  I just made my decision I will order as soon as the cypher cable is available since I just want to use them with my iPhone and don't want to carry extra cases. 

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #343 of 4,783
Just tried my Sine for the first time.  Driven by the Aune M2S and B1, it is quite lively.  I think that Oppo and Audeze understate the power requirements to make their low-end portables really sing. I thought the PM-3 was flat and lifeless from the AK240 & 120ii, but drive them balanced from a Pono and they are amazing.  I don't yet have a balanced cable for the Sine (one is on it's way), but the M2S/B1 combo has more than enough power for the Sine.

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #344 of 4,783

well, I could have been more clear, 
SINE sounds significantly dark comparing to hd600 in the picture(without considering openness, just sound balance), and also significantly dark than shure 1540, and
slightly dark than lcd-2f in the picture(without considering openness), and has significantly less clear in vocal than pm-3(pm-3 has a peak 3-4kh, so this could be no problem) and slightly less clear in treble in general(could be because of pm-3's peak in 8kh).
and of course, all this means is SINE is a reference king and the rest of above headphones are losers with colored sound.
but when you want to say Sine is 'livelily', I think you better say 'compare to what... ' 

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #345 of 4,783

Thanks for the comments, but this is why is so hard to figure out if you want to buy or not.  Some say it was more livelier and fun than PM-3s, but other find them 'without any liveliness".  Also first time I hear about irritating treble.  I guess the only solution is either find a place where you can audition or just buy them  and return them if you don't like them.  I just made my decision I will order as soon as the cypher cable is available since I just want to use them with my iPhone and don't want to carry extra cases. 

well, I really wanted to buy this, desperately wanted this to be good. but my stupid ears said no. I'm heartbroken. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back