Audeze SINE Series
Sep 7, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #2,492 of 4,785
Haven't posted in awhile Adorams has for really low price WITH CIPHER $379

http://www.adorama.com/ausine211200.html?sdtid=9083487&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

That's where I bought mine from. I wonder why they are so cheap right now 
confused_face(1).gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #2,494 of 4,785

oh. yes.  what a shame for early adopters.

That $379 price only shows up with the link you provided. If you search for the Sine manually, you'll only find the $449 and $499 versions of the Sine, minus the bundles they offer. I wonder if it will let you go all the way through the checkout process without correcting the price. Crazy 
popcorn.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #2,496 of 4,785
I recently got the Sine. I also have the brainwavz angled pleather earpads, and I am thinking of putting them on the Sine to see how they work in terms of comfort and sound (following the advice from High-End-Addict). Is there any special instructions for removing the original earpads and putting on the new ones. Don't want to mess with $500 headphones without being sure.

Thanks.

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #2,499 of 4,785
I recently got the Sine. I also have the brainwavz angled pleather earpads, and I am thinking of putting them on the Sine to see how they work in terms of comfort and sound (following the advice from High-End-Addict). Is there any special instructions for removing the original earpads and putting on the new ones. Don't want to mess with $500 headphones without being sure.

Thanks.

I´v replaced my sine pads with brainwave angled. Taking off the original pads is VERY easy. Just pull them off. Put your thumb inside and pull gently out. Very little force needed.

But putting the branwavz on is a bit harder. Just start from one side and don´t be afraid to really stretch the inner lining. I used 20 minutes on the first pad, and 1 minute on the next one - when I found out that they are really flexible and could stand a bit of powerful stretching.

Not very special instructions. But it´s not that hard either.

Good luck!

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #2,500 of 4,785
Can someone measure inside diameter of stock pads of the sine? my ears dont accept on ear and i dont want to spend 500dollars on headphones and changing pads immediatelly :) my ears are really small so there is a hope :)

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #2,502 of 4,785
Just received 3D printed kit from Inertianinja with Msr7 pads. Only listen a short while. I wanted to test them at once and forgot to listen closely to the original pads before I shifted, and my audio memory are short.

With msr7 pads on 3D kit Sine became almost like another headphone comfort wise. And if I remember correctly the sound also is a bit different. I'm not going to try to explain much about the difference. I need more time and alter the pads which I'm not so glad to do.

But correct me you that have tested them if I'm wrong. I feel like details are more with msr7 pads and they're brighter sounding. Don't remember original pads gave this kind of details. But maby I remember wrong.

Maby the brightness is because original pads put pressure on my ear canal which in my case is rather high and narrow. When I opened my mouth it became brighter. And msr7 pads don't put pressure on that area.

When I ordered them I didn't now about the over ear pads that are made to fit Sine. Would be interesting to hear from you later that have tested them and msr7 pads. But I don't regret buying these. Inertianinja haw been great to buy from.

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #2,503 of 4,785
Can someone measure inside diameter of stock pads of the sine? my ears dont accept on ear and i dont want to spend 500dollars on headphones and changing pads immediatelly
smily_headphones1.gif
my ears are really small so there is a hope
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi,
The inside width from top to bottom is 1.8 inch, side to side at the widest point is 1.5 inch. Is that what you wanted?
Best.

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #2,504 of 4,785
I´v replaced my sine pads with brainwave angled. Taking off the original pads is VERY easy. Just pull them off. Put your thumb inside and pull gently out. Very little force needed.

But putting the branwavz on is a bit harder. Just start from one side and don´t be afraid to really stretch the inner lining. I used 20 minutes on the first pad, and 1 minute on the next one - when I found out that they are really flexible and could stand a bit of powerful stretching.

Not very special instructions. But it´s not that hard either.

Good luck!

Thank you, Eide!
Yesterday night I took the risk and replaced the pads with the Brainwavz ones. I didn't have the chance to test them for long (will do that this weekend), but they seem to be somewhat loose fitting to me. What I am looking for is increased isolation and some relief from the sound change at the slightest head movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back