Audeze SINE Series
Jul 13, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #1,846 of 4,783

The only article the address the metal back and wireless charging is the Forbes article which talks about "smart aluminum" and the oxide layer over plastic. Otherwise I don't see how one charges inductively through metal.

Secondly the use case for headphones like this is a traveler. If the charger is small like the one on the Apple Watch it would be great.

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #1,847 of 4,783
Do you really think a $605 billion company doesn't "think things through"...especially something as critical as the port for charging and/or headphones?

"WHOOPS -- I guess in all of our R&D and extensive testing we really didn't think about how to charge the darn things. Oh well...just wait for iPhone 8!!!!!!!!" :wink:

Ha ha! Make sure to hold it correctly! And "just wait for the next one" is exactly what they would say. Especially knowing how they've handled major design faults.

Same issue with the MacBook. Great machine but how do you charge it while using it with a USB peripheral? Did they find some money out of $605B to create an accessory to allow that?

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #1,849 of 4,783
I know this has been mentioned before on this thread, but I feel compelled to add my commentary.  The Audeze EL-8 Travel case is the PERFECT case for the Sine.  Absolutely love the looks of this case, especially the Audeze logo printed on the case.  The Sine headphones fit perfectly in the case (plus cable can be left on the headphones).  Lastly the case is fairly inexpensive, can be purchased for around $35.

+1

I tried all the other cases. This is the best one for the reasons mentioned.

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #1,850 of 4,783
The next iPhone just needs 2(!!!) lightning ports. One for charging, and one for media!

Or a monster-big-battery for 50h heavy-use (but this will never happens!)

That's a great idea!

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #1,852 of 4,783
No. It does not work with the Nano. The current products that are supported are 
iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
iPad Pro, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation
iPod touch (6th generation), iPod touch (5th generation)

When new products come out, we will add support for them after testing.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 15, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #1,854 of 4,783
I just pulled the trigger on these. It'll be interesting to compare them to my B&W P7 and DT1350s. I'll post up my impressions when the set comes in. 

I think you'll find the tonalty of the SINE to be quite similar to the DT1350, with the SINE having a touch less bass prescence, slightly more forward mids, and better definition overall. At least that's how I hear it.

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #1,855 of 4,783
I think you'll find the tonalty of the SINE to be quite similar to the DT1350, with the SINE having a touch less bass prescence, slightly more forward mids, and better definition overall. At least that's how I hear it.

Thanks for your input Slaphead. Less bass than the DT1350 and more forward mids. Interesting. I was expecting the opposite, although the sound from the DT1350 I find is very dependent on how they are positioned on the head!

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #1,856 of 4,783
Thanks for your input Slaphead. Less bass than the DT1350 and more forward mids. Interesting. I was expecting the opposite,

So was I to be honest, but as it turns out the SINE is actually slightly more towards neutral to my ears. That's not to say the DT1350 aren't neutral, they are, but have a slightly boosted low end to compensate for ambient noise, which is to be expected given their intended use as professional field monitoring/broadcast headphones.

...although the sound from the DT1350 I find is very dependent on how they are positioned on the head!

I've never had an issue with the DT1350 positioning, although I am aware that others have a really tough time with it. I guess I'm lucky in that they just fall onto my head in the exactly the right position.

Jul 15, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #1,857 of 4,783
Dont know if dynamic driver should be compared to a planar magnetic , Sine has effortless lush sound that dynamic driver can't produce...

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #1,858 of 4,783
Positioning is crucial, in the begining I was trying to get the best soundstage so I placed Sine forward over the ear, wearing them rather low .It sure sounds best that way but in a hour ears start to hurt and I had to take them off... Was realy annoying, because once you get in the zone with your music you don't want to break the flow...

After experementing with positioning I did find a sweet spot between SQ and comfort.

So do experement with how you place Sine on your ears, Sine can be comfortable...

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #1,859 of 4,783
Dont know if dynamic driver should be compared to a planar magnetic , Sine has effortless lush sound that dynamic driver can't produce...

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm going to have to have harsh words with my Beyer DT1770 pro when I get home today.

I'm going to have to tell him not to have that wonderfully solid bass slam, that midrange articulation, the beguiling sweet treble, that fantastic definition and soundstaging

And when he whimpers "Why?" I'm going to tell straight : Because you're just a weedy dynamic driver headphone.

He's not going to take that well, poor sod.

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,860 of 4,783

I'm not sure that I can agree, not completely anyway. I do think that the planar sound has a different, more diffused character, but dynamic drivers can sound simply fantastic as well. I go between my TH 600 and LCD 2F and don't feel the Fostex isn't producing an involving sound, just different. I think ultimately it will be the tuning of the design more than the topology of the driver at work. But, yes, I do still agree that a planar does have a different sound to an extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back