Audeze SINE Series
Jul 11, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #1,816 of 4,775
I cant say small, in fact it does alter the sound sig. If you really like the mids in stock pads which really upfront and thick sounding, i dont think you'd like with hm5 pads because it sounds "bit" laid back and revealing. As it sometimes get sibilant with bad recordings

Some of my friends who use he500 and he400i really like the sound with hm5 pads. Which has noticably larger soundstage, fuller sound due to improved sub bass, and nice attack of treble. The detail also improved

Interesting. I have a large head, so I fear that the clamping pressure might be tough for me (though you can stretch the headband out a bit, but then you lose potential noise isolation). I'm going to audition the Sines as soon as possible, comparing them to my PSB M4U:s.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,819 of 4,775
About a week ago I posted about hearing a slight clicking/crinkling sound in my right ear cup when adjusting the headphone on my head (lifting off my ear, in particular).  A few others have reported the same experience, here on this thread.  I emailed Audeze about this and they replied, confirming that this is normal with their drivers.  Here is there explanation:

Hello Kevin

Thanks for your purchase and for your inquiry! Regarding the sound you mentioned: When air is trapped inside the ear cup there is not much space for the air to escape, and as the headphones shift you may hear a slight crinkling sound from the diaphragm. This is normal and is nothing to be worried about, it's the sound of the thin diaphragm moving back and forth with the air suction against the driver components. Some listeners have reported that it decreases after some hours of break-in, while others report that it remains.

Different listeners seem to have different tolerance levels for the sound as well: while it may not bother me, you may find the same sound unacceptable. It's very subjective and due to the handmade nature of our drivers each pair seems to have a slightly different level of "crinkling" and a slightly different pitch to it as well.

Hope this helps and let us know if we can help you with anything else!

Best Regards
--Kim

Audeze Global Support
This e-mail is the property of Audeze LLC. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Audeze LLC

Just wanted to share for anyone who had concerns.  So continue enjoying the Sine.  I am loving these headphones!!!

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #1,820 of 4,775
Anyone know how these would compare to the byerdynamic t5p second generation?

Yehhhh, had both. Sold t5p...
T5p 2end gen has warmer tone smoother treble and more lowend compared to first gen but all and all t5p is t5p ...

T5p is more laid back, has bigger sound picture and one of the best separation of instruments, great soundstage, very trasperant and smooth, refine and nuanced , just like a bottle of old wine...
It's all arounder and handle any type of music well, very reviling headphone, brings out lots of micro detail yet stays smooth, never fatigue , very easy on the ears.

It's positioned by beyer as portable " easy to drive" headphone, but... 2my ears it sound bad unamped, dynamics are weak , mids flat grey and dull and treble is artificial ...
Amped it all changes...
Scales a lot depending on the source you use....

Now Sine takes all to a new level in terms of refinement , effortless dynamics, realism , depth...
Sine has a smaller sound picture and less superior soundstage but that's understandable, after all it's on ear and t5p is over the ear...
Sine has more natural and balanced tone, great build quality, t5p looks and feels like a toy next to Sine, and what's most important , with cipher cable Sine sounds amazing straight out of iphone6 , t5p needs higher end gear to sound amazing...

I just had a walk in the park with Sine / iPhone 6 , and I realy could get into the music, all thou I could tell SQ decreased when using Sine with iPhone 6 , comparing to my home system, I didn't miss much home setup, I could enjoy music anyway.... A lot )

With t5p when used with phone or iPad I did missed my home system and it felt like I'm geting 30% of what t5p could realy do...

Both headphones are good, but I prefer Sine, in my opinion , right now Sine is the best headphone you can get for 500$ , perioud .

P.s
Make sure you order it with Cipher cable.

Jul 11, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #1,822 of 4,775
Or order the Cipher version and then sell the Cipher cable. Seem to be a good number of people looking for them currently. Cheers

Jul 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #1,824 of 4,775
  I meant that people who don't have Apple devices can't use Cipher since people keep recommending getting the cable lol

Of course, but there is a market out there for people who want the cable, so there could be wisdom to order the Cipher version even if you don't have an i-device... 
wink_face.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #1,825 of 4,775
  Of course, but there is a market out there for people who want the cable, so there could be wisdom to order the Cipher version even if you don't have an i-device... 
wink_face.gif

If someone posted a Cypher cable in the for sale forum right now it would go in less than 5 minutes

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #1,826 of 4,775
Does anyone know where I can get a balanced cable with 2.5mm connector for Sine? I read through the thread, but the only option is to get the one from moon-audio with two 3.5mm ends and use an adapter from surf cables to a 2.5mm. I also saw one from double helix, but the connection angle will make cables go toward my back...

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #1,827 of 4,775
Acording to Audeze, Cipher cable could be ordered as a separate purchase, just contact a dealer or Audeze directly ...

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #1,828 of 4,775
@kimtaewan92 

Conntact Matt at Forza Audio Works, I'm sure he can think of something ...
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/contact-form.php

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #1,829 of 4,775
@jjsoviet 

iPad mini 2 is a great match for Sine, if you going to buy Sine and get an DAP why not just go for iPad mini2 and Sine Cipher cable.  i think it will sound better than most average DAPs in that price category with standard cable anyway, and cool retina display makes it even sweeter ...

if i didn't have iPad air i would defiantly go for iPad mini 2 to match Sine /Cipher cable.

Jul 11, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #1,830 of 4,775
@jjsoviet

iPad mini 2 is a great match for Sine, if you going to buy Sine and get an DAP why not just go for iPad mini2 and Sine Cipher cable.  i think it will sound better than most average DAPs in that price category with standard cable anyway, and cool retina display makes it even sweeter ...

if i didn't have iPad air i would defiantly go for iPad mini 2 to match Sine /Cipher cable.

I am already heavily invested in the Android ecosystem to make a switch to iOS, so I don't think it's good for me to spend $50+ on the Cipher and then $350-400 on an iPhone or iPad. Besides, I already have an Oppo HA-2 on the way so I can continue to use my Nexus 6P as a transport.

Will post impressions next week once I have the HA-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back