Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones
Mar 19, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #182 of 260
It looks like an older pair with aftermarket cables. 

I don't honestly think we're going to see one-off headphone sales all through Craigslist for them.  

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #185 of 260
  yeah I noticed that too the aftermarket cables didnt seem like something that a theif of multiple pairs would buy

That could depend on whether or not they got cables when they stole the headphones, and it probably wouldn't be too difficult to order a bulk lot of cables from one of the overseas sellers on eBay.

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #186 of 260
Most likely they are just counterfeit but let Audeze know and if they are in the stolen lot then head-fi will really have something to crow about.

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #187 of 260
The guy just responded back through craigslist. Was trying to get him to call or text me. He wants to meet up ..... Hmmmmmm, still don't have any real information other than generic craigslist email

Mar 22, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #188 of 260
The guy just responded back through craigslist. Was trying to get him to call or text me. He wants to meet up ..... Hmmmmmm, still don't have any real information other than generic craigslist email

Are you interested in buying them? If you are, then just meet up and check the serial number on your phone when you have them in hand before you buy.

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #189 of 260
  one of the satisfaction criteria i get from my audio products is the price i paid for them. i don't know how anyone can truly enjoy a pair of headphones if its stolen, robbed of any sort of personal value or conviction. i feel the sense that i earned the product i bought with honest money, and that fact is ever rewarding. shame on the thieves!

Are kids still killing one another over a pair of Nikes ? I dont mean to trivialise your post or this theft, but in the grand scheme of things I suspect that receiving stolen property is considered small bikkies by most law enforcement agencies unless its being done on an industrial scale. The irony in this case is that I could understand if they were Beats or even Skullcandy - something easy to offload on the street - but how many kids want to be seen rocking a pair of large. heavy orthos ? I might have a dated view of most audiophiles, but they dont strike me as people who will buy from a guy selling gear out of a white van in the mall carpark. 

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #191 of 260
I think the guys who broke in your company took mikemercer's stuff at CanJam SoCal, as they knew how the case looked and his stuff stuck out that much like a tack. Pam him about it, as felony charges can be made and while security footage is still fresh.

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #193 of 260
  Hey guys take a look at this:  http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649189018-new-audeze-lcd2-rosewood-w-fazor/  what do you think ? 3 new pairs for sale looks kinda weird doesn't it ? Anyways I sent it to Audeze just in case ...

Ok, the thing is... if the thief has half a brain, he will be advertising just one pair, and selling again and again with the one ad. That might not work on a site like Ebay which tracks the sale but it works in any normal classifieds site. I doubt they would be stupid enough to draw attention by advertising a large volume.

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #194 of 260

Ok, the thing is... if the thief has half a brain, he will be advertising just one pair, and selling again and again with the one ad. That might not work on a site like Ebay which tracks the sale but it works in any normal classifieds site. I doubt they would be stupid enough to draw attention by advertising a large volume.

Actually if I were that guy I would totally agree with you. The thing is they catch criminal when they do mistakes ... I am not saying that this guy IS the one who did it or anything but it is just something weird or abnormal I must say. Maybe he bought it off the people who did it and want to make some quick cash ... who am I to know it but I am just pointing this ad because it doesn't happen often to see someone posting 3 pairs of headphones brand new that are worth this price. If nothing is wrong with this ad that is perfect and I hope he sells it as quick as he wants to. But if not at least the people concerned will know.

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #195 of 260
Would it be a bad idea to try and buy any sketchy Audeze headphones, and see if the product serial number matches one that was stolen, and then use the sale details to find who it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back