Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones
Apr 1, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #196 of 260
  Would it be a bad idea to try and buy any sketchy Audeze headphones, and see if the product serial number matches one that was stolen, and then use the sale details to find who it is?

Find out the serial number before making a purchase or you may find yourself in possession of stolen goods.

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #197 of 260
  Would it be a bad idea to try and buy any sketchy Audeze headphones, and see if the product serial number matches one that was stolen, and then use the sale details to find who it is?

yup - because then the police are entitled to confiscate it and you lose all your money with no hope of compensation.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #198 of 260
Theft on this scale is not something law enforcement puts on the top of the list. You would pretty much have to solve the case yourself and then hand if over to the authorities. Sure, they will file a report and create a file, but at this point unless the whole head-fi community and Audeze themselves were to expend all their time and resources to try and break the case (which would require luck and probably some damaging false accusations in the process), it's pretty much over and done.

Not trying to upset anyone, as I'm a new guy to this forum, but as a former business owner who has had stuff stolen and his business broken into, I'm less than optimistic that this will ever get resolved.

I will say though that I bet the people who did do this aren't aware of the head-fi community and I am impressed with amount of heart you all have. I'm glad to have joined the forum.

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #200 of 260
Theft on this scale is not something law enforcement puts on the top of the list. You would pretty much have to solve the case yourself and then hand if over to the authorities. Sure, they will file a report and create a file, but at this point unless the whole head-fi community and Audeze themselves were to expend all their time and resources to try and break the case (which would require luck and probably some damaging false accusations in the process), it's pretty much over and done.

Not trying to upset anyone, as I'm a new guy to this forum, but as a former business owner who has had stuff stolen and his business broken into, I'm less than optimistic that this will ever get resolved.

I will say though that I bet the people who did do this aren't aware of the head-fi community and I am impressed with amount of heart you all have. I'm glad to have joined the forum.

If you watched the video you can tell this was not the robbers first rodeo. They were professionals, and I would think law enforcement would put a lot of effort into getting these guys off the street. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #201 of 260

If you watched the video you can tell this was not the robbers first rodeo. They were professionals, and I would think law enforcement would put a lot of effort into getting these guys off the street. 

+1. Agree completely. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #203 of 260
yup - because then the police are entitled to confiscate it and you lose all your money with no hope of compensation.

They could also charge you for receiving stolen goods especially if you knew or had a reasonable suspicion that they were stolen.

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #204 of 260
The best thing you can do if you see something suspicious posted is to report it to Audeze and let them follow up along with the police.

Don't try to help by buying it, that's not helping at all, and it could get you in trouble.

Don't post it here - in a public forum, where the person doing the selling could easily read it, pull their ad and a chance to potentially catch someone is lost.

Everyone wants to see them caught and Audeze hopefully get back some of the gear that was stolen... support them by sending those type of tips privately.

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #205 of 260
  The best thing you can do if you see something suspicious posted is to report it to Audeze and let them follow up along with the police.

Don't try to help by buying it, that's not helping at all, and it could get you in trouble.

Don't post it here - in a public forum, where the person doing the selling could easily read it, pull their ad and a chance to potentially catch someone is lost.

Everyone wants to see them caught and Audeze hopefully get back some of the gear that was stolen... support them by sending those type of tips privately.

That is exactly what I thought ... after I pressed submit and I don't know how to remove the message. Tried to edit it but can't remove it completely.

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #206 of 260
"Hey guys take a look at this:  http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649189018-new-audeze-lcd2-rosewood-w-fazor/  what do you think ? 3 new pairs for sale looks kinda weird doesn't it ? Anyways I sent it to Audeze just in case ..."

Hi there,

I had a look at the ad from the above posting and this guy has the same CAM handle name as his email address, as I was looking for a pair of used LCD-2s rosewood in January.  We agreed on the price and where to meet, and then poof, he disappeared....now he's back with 3 pairs.  Something's fishy from my humble point of view.  During my email interactions with him, he did email me some photos of some bonafide LCD-2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back