Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones
Aug 28, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #242 of 260
Certainly looks suspicious but also just a tiny percentage of what's missing.

Suspicious indeed. Even more so that I emailed the seller asking for more info / serial number on one of those listings and was ignored.

Aug 30, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #243 of 260
Update: the seller finally replied with the serial number. It checks out on audeze.com 

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #245 of 260
Aug 30, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #247 of 260
Aug 30, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #249 of 260

So.... a witch hunt?

Not in the least. Just trying to help validate if the headphones that seller is selling (he has a bunch of them, all Audeze) might be part of the stolen batch or not.

Hardly a witch hunt. 

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #250 of 260

Not in the least. Just trying to help validate if the headphones that seller is selling (he has a bunch of them, all Audeze) might be part of the stolen batch or not.

Hardly a witch hunt. 

Totally on your side Mediahound. There are a number of us Audeze loyalists that have been keeping an eye out for the stolen merchandise. There are even people who don't own any Audeze gear that have also been keeping an eye out. Robbing someone is a d*** move and any of us can help catch the idiots who did it then great. Kind of like if you had a friend whose car got stolen and then you saw one just like it on the road (assuming some unique identifying characteristic) I'd hope you'd call the cops. 

Cheers 

Aug 30, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #251 of 260

Hardly a witch hunt. 

Totally on your side Mediahound. There are a number of us Audeze loyalists that have been keeping an eye out for the stolen merchandise. There are even people who don't own any Audeze gear that have also been keeping an eye out. Robbing someone is a d*** move and any of us can help catch the idiots who did it then great. Kind of like if you had a friend whose car got stolen and then you saw one just like it on the road (assuming some unique identifying characteristic) I'd hope you'd call the cops. 

Cheers 

I'm all for Audeze getting their merchandise back. That's a big hit for a small company.

What head-fi has been doing since the beginning is assuming anyone who is selling a pair of Audezes is part of the stolen ring and forcing them to prove their innocence. 

Running with your analogy, it's the equivalent to calling the cops every time you saw a silver Toyota Camry on the road because your friend's silver Toyota Camry was stolen. Or at the very least going up to the owner and saying "show me your serial number" to prove it's not your friends car. 

Aug 30, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #252 of 260

I'm all for Audeze getting their merchandise back. That's a big hit for a small company.

What head-fi has been doing since the beginning is assuming anyone who is selling a pair of Audezes is part of the stolen ring and forcing them to prove their innocence. 

Running with your analogy, it's the equivalent to calling the cops every time you saw a silver Toyota Camry on the road because your friend's silver Toyota Camry was stolen. Or at the very least going up to the owner and saying "show me your serial number" to prove it's not your friends car. 

The only people I've seen checking the SN's is when there's something suspicious. For example someone selling a bunch of HP's at the same time (like the one I believe started this) or someone selling them for incredibly cheap or such. Assuming everyone is guilty is a bad move - I totally agree there. Keeping your eye out for something fishy? That's cool IMHO. 

I'd finish the analogy by saying that I'd be more likely to pursue a car if it was a Silver Toyota Camry that had a "If you ain't Country you ain't s***" bumper sticker (like my theoretical friend, although I have no friends who would have such a sticker!) and a broken right side mirror, or potentially a brand new bumper sticker in the same place and also the same broken mirror...

Cheers 

Aug 30, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #253 of 260
There's nothing wrong with checking and verifying. If it's a legit seller, he would have no problem providing a serial number for you to check. 

Example; when you buy a car and have it checked out by a mechanic, it does not mean you are assuming the seller is guilty or a crook, it means you want to check and verify the seller's claims. Big difference. 

Aug 30, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #254 of 260

The only people I've seen checking the SN's is when there's something suspicious. For example someone selling a bunch of HP's at the same time (like the one I believe started this) or someone selling them for incredibly cheap or such. Assuming everyone is guilty is a bad move - I totally agree there. Keeping your eye out for something fishy? That's cool IMHO. 

I'd finish the analogy by saying that I'd be more likely to pursue a car if it was a Silver Toyota Camry that had a "If you ain't Country you ain't s***" bumper sticker (like my theoretical friend, although I have no friends who would have such a sticker!) and a broken right side mirror, or potentially a brand new bumper sticker in the same place and also the same broken mirror...

Cheers 

I get your point and I think we're on the same page, but just disagree on what is suspicious. Early on in this thread literally anyone who was selling a pair of Audeze headphones in any condition was immediately suspect, and would get hit with a wave of people asking the serial number. In these cases there wasn't any clear indication they were stolen. Just the fact they were listed for sale made them suspect. 

Later on, now anytime someone lists a new pair they are suspect. Again, people who have no intention of purchasing the headphones are bugging the seller because selling a pair of new Audezes makes them suspect. 

There's nothing wrong with checking and verifying. If it's a legit seller, he would have no problem providing a serial number for you to check. 

Example; when you buy a car and have it checked out by a mechanic, it does not mean you are assuming the seller is guilty or a crook, it means you want to check and verify the seller's claims. Big difference. 

I totally agree with you, but with your analogy there's a big difference. People are asking for the serial number with no intention of purchasing the headphones. If you go and bug someone to inspect a car or even check its serial number, you're doing it because you have the intention of purchasing.

Aug 31, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #255 of 260

I totally agree with you, but with your analogy there's a big difference. People are asking for the serial number with no intention of purchasing the headphones. If you go and bug someone to inspect a car or even check its serial number, you're doing it because you have the intention of purchasing.

You don't have to buy an item you're asking a question about on eBay. Just like in person, someone may come to take a look at your car for sale and check it out, (whether they suspect it's their stolen car or not), and then not buy your car. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back