Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones
May 8, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #227 of 260
Have you contacted them via website contact page? https://www.audeze.com/contact-us

If it's from email, it might have went to spam folder depending on your domain/provider.  Although they have hired professional investigator, I believe any information will be great.  We should keep up the work and contact Audeze directly if any suspicious activity has been found.

May 8, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #229 of 260
  I am not sure about that listing you wrote but this other ebay listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audeze-LCD-X-High-Performance-Planar-Magnetic-Technology-Headphones-NEW-/311353357169?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 is definitely stolen stock because I actually asked them for the serial number and it is Serial # 7456618 and it states stolen on the audeze website.  I sent a message to the security email address at Audeze a few days ago but did not get a reply from them and the auction is still going on.

Interesting. I don't think anyone has gotten an serial number to show up stolen. There are a few more on ebay that have shown up in the last 24 hours from pawn shops in West LA. Listed as "new" that still have headbands wrapped in plastic.

Maybe the "shipped to Asia" theory is off base.

May 9, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #230 of 260
I hope Audeze is staying up to date. Catching a criminal selling a "boutique" set of headphones shouldn't be as difficult as one selling a package of stolen Dre Beats

May 12, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #231 of 260

Interesting. I don't think anyone has gotten an serial number to show up stolen. There are a few more on ebay that have shown up in the last 24 hours from pawn shops in West LA. Listed as "new" that still have headbands wrapped in plastic.

So, it looks like the auction was not shut down despite the serial number info I passed to Audeze.  It sold for 1275

May 12, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #232 of 260
So, it looks like the auction was not shut down despite the serial number info I passed to Audeze.  It sold for 1275

Thats little sad.... but lets not give up!

May 12, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #233 of 260

Based on the seller giving the serial number and not concealing any information I doubt they were in cahoots.

I'm sure Audeze used the info and handed it over to the police. They're probably more interested in using the information to trace how the pawn shops got them than shutting down an auction. It's not really our place to try and head-fi police every audeze listing and auction.

May 13, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #234 of 260

Based on the seller giving the serial number and not concealing any information I doubt they were in cahoots.

I'm sure Audeze used the info and handed it over to the police. They're probably more interested in using the information to trace how the pawn shops got them than shutting down an auction. It's not really our place to try and head-fi police every audeze listing and auction.

I kind of agree with you. We doing this, might actually hurt audeze a little, no? i mean if we always slow down everyone who wants to buy or sell audeze, their popularity might fall.

May 18, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #235 of 260
Thanks for the tip. Ebay does not allow us to contact them directly. We passed it on to the police and the police actually got this particular headphone from the pawnshop and it has been sent to the CostaMesa PD as evidence.  Looks like the pawnshop did not know it was stolen.
We really appreciate you guys looking out for us and keeping an eye. No other information besides recovery of one headphone is available from the police at the moment. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
May 18, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #236 of 260
  Thanks for the tip. Ebay does not allow us to contact them directly. We passed it on to the police and the police actually got this particular headphone from the pawnshop and it has been sent to the CostaMesa PD as evidence.  Looks like the pawnshop did not know it was stolen.
We really appreciate you guys looking out for us and keeping an eye. No other information besides recovery of one headphone is available from the police at the moment. 

Good luck , I hope the police via the pawn shop are able to backtrack the origin of this headphone. At least people are on the lookout.

May 18, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #237 of 260

Glad to see that my tip worked out for you.  Yes, the pawnshop musn't have known given that he freely provided me the serial number by email even though I had given him the reason for asking for the serial number.  Will continue to keep my eyes out for such events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back