Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 14, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #7,096 of 7,191
Hello everyone. I haven't posted in so many years and have been a long time lurker/follower. I finally had to login to post my question as I just can't seem to find the answer anywhere (I'm sure it may have been mentioned somewhere in this long thread). I bought the Penrose for my playstation and am having trouble with the bluetooth/wireless mix. I updated my firmware to the latest one via the Audeze app for Mac.

Here is my issue. I have the bluetooth connected to my iPhone and the dongle to my playstation. I like to play music/podcasts on my iPhone at a lower volume than the game so its essentially background noise. My issue when I try to use the scroll wheel method to change the mix towards the game > bluetooth, I do not hear a difference. I confirmed via the Audeze Mac app the mix is leaning heavily towards the game audio. I then inc my volume to hear the game audio better but this automatically increases my bluetooth audio as well. Essentially I can't play my music at low volume in the background and turn up the game audio. No matter what I do, when I increase the volume both bluetooth/wireless inc and my bluetooth is always more louder than the wireless. The wireless/bluetooth mix doesn't seem to work at all. I am at a loss of what to do. Is this iPhone specific?

Anybody else experienced this issue?

Dec 14, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #7,097 of 7,191
Hello everyone. I haven't posted in so many years and have been a long time lurker/follower. I finally had to login to post my question as I just can't seem to find the answer anywhere (I'm sure it may have been mentioned somewhere in this long thread). I bought the Penrose for my playstation and am having trouble with the bluetooth/wireless mix. I updated my firmware to the latest one via the Audeze app for Mac.

Here is my issue. I have the bluetooth connected to my iPhone and the dongle to my playstation. I like to play music/podcasts on my iPhone at a lower volume than the game so its essentially background noise. My issue when I try to use the scroll wheel method to change the mix towards the game > bluetooth, I do not hear a difference. I confirmed via the Audeze Mac app the mix is leaning heavily towards the game audio. I then inc my volume to hear the game audio better but this automatically increases my bluetooth audio as well. Essentially I can't play my music at low volume in the background and turn up the game audio. No matter what I do, when I increase the volume both bluetooth/wireless inc and my bluetooth is always more louder than the wireless. The wireless/bluetooth mix doesn't seem to work at all. I am at a loss of what to do. Is this iPhone specific?

Anybody else experienced this issue?

Are you clicking the wheel and then scrolling it? Rolling the wheel alone will adjust the absolute volume of the mix, but you have to click and roll to adjust the balance. It’s a bit finicky at first.

Dec 26, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #7,104 of 7,191
I absolutely hate that on my Penrose headset the mic scroller changes mic monitoring instead of chat/game balance. It's so so difficult to get the audio balanced correctly with this headset.

I've had my headset for about 6months now and the audio is pretty good, when you get it setup correctly. would rather be able to control it in software than hardware with how awful the scrollers are to use. The whole "push in and scroll" aint it.

also, the Android app is horrific

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #7,109 of 7,191
Hello, I don't hear the steps well in COD MW2. ¿Does anyone have any equalizers for Penrose that better distinguish the steps for COD Modern Warfare 2 on Ps5??

If so, can you show me a screenshot of the equalizer.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back