Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 10, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #7,082 of 7,191
It was left behind since it was release.
EA36B269-9B51-4C5F-B147-96DE50534741.gif

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #7,086 of 7,191
Its ok for manufacture to make a new product. But can't say the same for leaving customers with little voice bugs in Penrose. I don't think i'm asking to much to fix "wireless AND bluetooth" annoying message, lol

Dec 12, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #7,089 of 7,191
I’m still getting disconnect/dropouts using the dongle even if it’s in the line of sight. Had hoped eventual firmware would fix this but no dice.

If I drop the dongle what would give me better quality audio? (1) just connecting the penrose to the PS5’s controller via 3.5mm or
(2)buying a Bluetooth dongle like the Creative BT-W4. I know the creative BT-W4 has aptx but from what I’ve read on this thread the penrose doesn’t support aptx or all these other fancy low latency Bluetooth standards

Dec 12, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #7,091 of 7,191
I’m still getting disconnect/dropouts using the dongle even if it’s in the line of sight. Had hoped eventual firmware would fix this but no dice.

If I drop the dongle what would give me better quality audio? (1) just connecting the penrose to the PS5’s controller via 3.5mm or
(2)buying a Bluetooth dongle like the Creative BT-W4. I know the creative BT-W4 has aptx but from what I’ve read on this thread the penrose doesn’t support aptx or all these other fancy low latency Bluetooth standards
Have you tried using an USB extender? I been using one and it eliminates the dropouts during lengthy sessions at best and dramatically reduces the dropouts at worst.
(1 or 2 every few hours)

Dec 13, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #7,094 of 7,191
All orientations? (The aerial in the dongle makes an L in the flat plane).
If so, In that case Refund it then.
Can’t do refund, I’m an early adopter so have had this for a bit and past the warranty phase. Got a replacement dongle early on even from Audeze.

You think the orientation of the dongle makes a difference? It’s already in the line of sight, I’ll try angling it 90 degrees but that’s wild.

Otherwise what do people think of using the 3.5mm cable on the ps5 controller vs using a adptx Bluetooth adapter?

Dec 13, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #7,095 of 7,191
Otherwise what do people think of using the 3.5mm cable on the ps5 controller vs using a adptx Bluetooth adapter?

I have the Creative BT-W2 and BT-W3 adapters. Paired with a Fiio BTR3K headphone amp, I still get dropouts with those. Another BT solution I've tried is a long-range BT transmitter from Amazon, that has two external antennas. My chain is like this:

PS5 > Creative SXFI Amp > 3.5mm to BT Transmitter
BT receiver = Fiio BTR3K amp
Mic = Modmic Wireless

With that setup, I can walk 30-40ft away before it drops out completely, and I get much fewer pops and crackles than with the BT-W2 and BT-W3 adapters. This is with AptX-LL codec. I think the controller would work just as well.

You could also use a BT transmitter that accepts toslink, and run it from your display (if supported).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back