Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 17, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #6,946 of 7,196
I have 2 questions:
1. Is the EQ carried over to Bluetooth? If I used the headset in 2.4Ghz with custom EQ and then I switch to Bluetooth (not simultaneous, just BT), will it have the same EQ or use the default one? I know I can test it, but I this will be in couple of days and I am eager to understand that
2. Fingers crossed, I have no issues so far in terms of software. However my pair is on 0.5 firmware. I read of people having issues after 0.12 update, like hissing or white noise. The only thing I miss is on-the-fly EQ change. What if I get issues after the firmware update, what shall I do? This question kinda relates to the first one :)
Yes the eq is carried over.

Nov 21, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #6,949 of 7,196
Thicker pads. That’ll help the breaking issue.
I haven't followed this thread for nearly 2 years since I bought a Penrose headphone for my son, it's worked great up until today.
Penrose Headband Cracked.jpeg

Seems this is a common issue?

I've reached out to Audeze on this, I'll see how they would like to handle it...

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #6,950 of 7,196
I haven't followed this thread for nearly 2 years since I bought a Penrose headphone for my son, it's worked great up until today.

I've reached out to Audeze on this, I'll see how they would like to handle it...
That was the same place mine broke. Hopefully they sort you out with a replacement. In Australia we are pretty protected regarding warranty (even if they say 1 year, we can generally push for 2+ years if it is a quality product).

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #6,951 of 7,196

Interesting.

Yours seems to be different cause to the more usual break we've seen

I've highlighted where they more usually break due to that design issue with the sharp angle in the moulding.

1669059163364.png

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #6,952 of 7,196
Dec 2, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #6,955 of 7,196
EA02DE68-ED49-42DA-B2BF-1E3866DB06A1.jpeg
Saw this on reddit.
Thanks for sharing this. The Beyer gaming headphone I had bought for my other son has a very solid metal yoke connecting the ear cups to the headband, hopefully Audeze will do something similar with their next gaming models..

The Aus local reseller has agreed to RMA my son's Penrose, and replace with a B-stock one, so all good on that front. Will see how long this one lasts as it seems it will be the last one we can get I guess

Dec 3, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #6,960 of 7,196
I've had my Penrose a couple months now. Won't turn on today. Totally dead. Any way to get these back up and running. I tried holding mic volume wheel, volume wheel and multifunction button to force reboot but I still have no power. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back