Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 1, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #6,931 of 7,191
@Audeze - Would you be able to do a footsteps profile for Modern Warfare 2 , 2022 that just released please, footsteps seem a bit thicker than previous.
It's a big game and would help a lot of us out; i know you did one back in Jan of 2021 but things have changed since then and this is going to be one of the biggest games of the next few years.

Thank You
Unfortunately, our software teams are much too busy with much more pressing matters. While we'd like to be able to offer custom presets for major game titles, we don't always have the resources to be quite so broad.

I would recommend you check into forums related to Modern Warfare 2 and asking around as to what frequencies should be emphasized to get the most out of your gaming audio, then applying that to a user profile EQ preset.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #6,932 of 7,191
@Mad Lust Envy

Sorry if this has been answered before, I have tried to keep up with this topic but it's pretty expansive!

Is it possible to buy a new dongle to pair with an existing headset?

Long story short, I bought Penrose for PS, I am now getting an Xbox to go alongside, and want to replace the PS dongle with an Xbox dongle - would this be possible?

Help appreciated.

Nov 2, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #6,933 of 7,191
@Mad Lust Envy

Sorry if this has been answered before, I have tried to keep up with this topic but it's pretty expansive!

Is it possible to buy a new dongle to pair with an existing headset?

Long story short, I bought Penrose for PS, I am now getting an Xbox to go alongside, and want to replace the PS dongle with an Xbox dongle - would this be possible?

Help appreciated.
Please email support@audeze.com

Let them know you want to buy an Xbox dongle and include:

Name:
Address:
Phone Number:

Serial Number of headphone. If you don't have the box, you can remove the right ear pad for the serial number on the headphone.

It'll likely be me who responds anyways.

Nov 2, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #6,934 of 7,191
Please email support@audeze.com

Let them know you want to buy an Xbox dongle and include:

Name:
Address:
Phone Number:

Serial Number of headphone. If you don't have the box, you can remove the right ear pad for the serial number on the headphone.

It'll likely be me who responds anyways.

Thank you so much, I'll get on that later! :)

Nov 5, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #6,936 of 7,191
Nov 6, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #6,937 of 7,191
Nov 8, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #6,939 of 7,191
Nov 10, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #6,942 of 7,191
Unfortunately after almost two years of ownership, my Penrose broke too. Seems like a weak point in the band. This sucks :frowning2:

These were really great headphones, but I don’t think I can justify purchasing a pair every ~2 years. I wonder if this can be fixed.
Mine broke just above that just below the Audeze symbol. Luckily I was into the last month of my warranty so I got lucky with that one.

Nov 11, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #6,943 of 7,191
I have 2 questions:
1. Is the EQ carried over to Bluetooth? If I used the headset in 2.4Ghz with custom EQ and then I switch to Bluetooth (not simultaneous, just BT), will it have the same EQ or use the default one? I know I can test it, but I this will be in couple of days and I am eager to understand that
2. Fingers crossed, I have no issues so far in terms of software. However my pair is on 0.5 firmware. I read of people having issues after 0.12 update, like hissing or white noise. The only thing I miss is on-the-fly EQ change. What if I get issues after the firmware update, what shall I do? This question kinda relates to the first one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back