Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Aug 24, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #6,827 of 7,191
Guys, regarding audio quality, do you guys preffer BT or using the Wireless dongle? I was comparing today and...wow.... BT the sond quality is quite ok but when you change to Wireless it's a really terrible quality. The latency is great for gaming but the sound quality changes so much.... it's terrible.

Aug 24, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #6,828 of 7,191
Guys, regarding audio quality, do you guys preffer BT or using the Wireless dongle? I was comparing today and...wow.... BT the sond quality is quite ok but when you change to Wireless it's a really terrible quality. The latency is great for gaming but the sound quality changes so much.... it's terrible.
Really? It's the other way around for me. Wireless sounds better than BT, however BT still sounds great.

Sep 2, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #6,829 of 7,191
So I know nothing about graphs and charts and whatnot but I want to try the dekoni pads and they have graphs for both.
4263CAA4-AD60-40A0-B3AB-D231478516E5.jpeg
2331662D-C5CB-4370-9991-A0A7322340A0.jpeg

So which of these looks better? Im not a bass head so I dont want some huge boost. Basically, how are each of these gonna change the sound? Thanks.

Sep 5, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #6,830 of 7,191
Howdy. Not sure if I'm in the right place. Iv had the Audeze Penrose Blue from awhile now. I used them quite a lot with no issues. Now that iv stopped using them for almost a year I went to use them and charge them. Iv been charging them for 3 days now with no charge holding. When I go to turn them on nothing happens as if the batteries are dead but when I have the usb cord plugged in they turn on but play up and don't work properly. They have the current firmware. Anyone else run in to this problem ?

Sep 5, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #6,831 of 7,191
So I know nothing about graphs and charts and whatnot but I want to try the dekoni pads and they have graphs for both. 4263CAA4-AD60-40A0-B3AB-D231478516E5.jpeg2331662D-C5CB-4370-9991-A0A7322340A0.jpeg

So which of these looks better? Im not a bass head so I dont want some huge boost. Basically, how are each of these gonna change the sound? Thanks.

I'm really surprised that the suede bass is increased so much more than leather. Go with the leather.

As a general rule of thumb, when it comes to earpads stick with the same material types as stock if you want to increase comfort without dramatically changing the sound.

Sep 5, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #6,832 of 7,191
Howdy. Not sure if I'm in the right place. Iv had the Audeze Penrose Blue from awhile now. I used them quite a lot with no issues. Now that iv stopped using them for almost a year I went to use them and charge them. Iv been charging them for 3 days now with no charge holding. When I go to turn them on nothing happens as if the batteries are dead but when I have the usb cord plugged in they turn on but play up and don't work properly. They have the current firmware. Anyone else run in to this problem ?

Do you remember putting them to bed charged ?
If so you probably need to raise ticket with Audeze to see if they can service and put in a new battery.

I read somewhere related to LiPo batteries that chemically aren't too dissimilar to LiIon that they don't like going below a certain charge. Also they self discharge at around 3.5% per month, so if storage "flat" which in reality still had some charge, could result in battery going below the minimum charge once 12 months of loss occurs.
The other and more common issue with going below minimum charge is that the charging circuit won't "see" the battery.

Sorry but to sum up, I think very likely you need to contact Audeze or your supplier

Chris

Sep 5, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #6,833 of 7,191
Do you remember putting them to bed charged ?
If so you probably need to raise ticket with Audeze to see if they can service and put in a new battery.

I read somewhere related to LiPo batteries that chemically aren't too dissimilar to LiIon that they don't like going below a certain charge. Also they self discharge at around 3.5% per month, so if storage "flat" which in reality still had some charge, could result in battery going below the minimum charge once 12 months of loss occurs.
The other and more common issue with going below minimum charge is that the charging circuit won't "see" the battery.

Sorry but to sum up, I think very likely you need to contact Audeze or your supplier

Chris
Oof cheers for that information. I have submitted a ticket just waiting on them. But wanted to see what the locals would say about them.

Sep 5, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #6,835 of 7,191
Sep 5, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #6,836 of 7,191
@Audeze
I am in Uk and going to be getting a USB-A extension cable for my Penrose X (for the Wireless Dongle) to go into the front USB A Port on my Xbox Series X but I don’t want to experience any Latency or Quality loss; is a cable of 5Gbps transfer speed fast enough please ?

Is 5m ok for this application as I have read you shouldn’t go above 3m for USB 3.0

Is there a recommended cable as have been looking on Amazon and overwhelmed by choice !

Thank You

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #6,837 of 7,191
@Audeze
I am in Uk and going to be getting a USB-A extension cable for my Penrose X (for the Wireless Dongle) to go into the front USB A Port on my Xbox Series X but I don’t want to experience any Latency or Quality loss; is a cable of 5Gbps transfer speed fast enough please ?

Is 5m ok for this application as I have read you shouldn’t go above 3m for USB 3.0

Is there a recommended cable as have been looking on Amazon and overwhelmed by choice !

Thank You
Use your dongle.

These don't do audio over usb like Mobius. But then Mobius doesn't do "lossless"* wireless like the Penrose.

*I say lossless only insofar as the sample rate and bit depth offered by the single dongle. On pc it reports 48kHz / 24 bit that I suspect is plenty for games. But I don't know the rate actually used when connected to either PlayStation or Xbox and someone will pick me up on that

Cheers

Sep 6, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #6,838 of 7,191
Use your dongle.

These don't do audio over usb like Mobius. But then Mobius doesn't do "lossless"* wireless like the Penrose.

*I say lossless only insofar as the sample rate and bit depth offered by the single dongle. On pc it reports 48kHz / 24 bit that I suspect is plenty for games. But I don't know the rate actually used when connected to either PlayStation or Xbox and someone will pick me up on that

Cheers
The Extension Cable is for my Dongle.

I need to move it closer and higher.

My question above is about the required Data Transfer Rate of the Extension Cable and Max Length in order not to experience any Latency or Loss in audio Quality ?
@Audeze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back