Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jun 24, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #6,785 of 7,191
Hi @Audeze

I was told by the seller that Dutch importer stopped stocking penrose and mobius. So I have to let go Penrose. Hope you make a DAC to use GX headphone with XBOX.

Thanks
Badri M
We are not in control of dealer inventory. Regardless, we still honor warranty, and you have local distributors for warranty purposes or if parts are needed, etc.

Terrason-Audio b.v.
Texasdreef 26
Utrecht, 3565CL
Netherlands
31 30 2076010
www.terrason-audio.nl/
info@terrason-audio.nl

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 26, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #6,786 of 7,191
I came on to say that if people have issues with bluetooth (or any wireless in fact) there can be unexpected sources of interference. I got some speakers that have bluetooth and also had my watch nearby to some bluetooth headphones and they started chipping out. Turned out it was likely because the watch wasn't connected to my phone so it was likely searching for a device to connect to. I had turned bt off on my phone. Once I turned it back on the watch stopped showing up on the PC for pairing, for example. It could also have been the speakers but those weren't in pairing mode. I powered them off just in case. If you see devices available for pairing and have issues with bt, one or all might be causing the interference.

I should mention that mine did break. Seems like poor design. randomly broke while already worn. This particular point of failure will likely affect lots of people as this is part of what supports the cup assembly when you wear the headphones. eg. keeping them on speakers might cause more stress.

They could have done a better job. Instead of the part that slides being secured at the sides so that it glides along a rail, it seems it's only secured by the screwed in cover. It's completely loose without it. I have to suspect this is a case of built in points of failure. The way it's built means there is always pressure on the piece that broke off when you wear it

Attachments

• 20220624_000314.jpg
    20220624_000314.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #6,787 of 7,191
I'll test a wireless headset one last time, the Sennheiser H3 Pro Hybrid but i don't think it will be anywhere near of what i expect...

How was the Epos H3 Pro Hybrid? One of my kids “borrowed” my Mobius and so far all efforts to re-gain possession have been unsuccessful.

I just need something for work calls, light gaming and decent music. I have plenty of better headphones for critical listening, so I’d be satisfied with sound quality equivalent to something simple like HD560S or Drop P38X.

@Mad Lust Envy is there a technical reason the Penrose graphic EQ can’t be added to the Mobius? It would be so nice to be able to set more custom sound profiles.

Jun 27, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #6,788 of 7,191
@Audeze, Do you have plans to make Dac/Amp only for XBOX series X? This will give an opportunity to try LCD-GX headphone.

Thanks
Badri M

Why would you need Audeze to make a dac/amp to try the LCD-GX?

The LCD GX can be driven just fine for through the jack on the controller (really not bad at all).
If you want a dedicated dac, you can use something like the schitt hel 2.

I use the LCD GX as my daily headphone for gaming and on PS5 I hook it up through the Astro Mixamp Pro TR
https://www.astrogaming.com/en-gb/products/mixamps/mixamp-tr-gen-4.html

I wouldn't recommend that over the Schit Hel 2 based on what I've read, but it's what I already had and it has it's own 5.1 virtual surround implementation via Dolby which was especially valuable on PS4 and PS3 where there was no system-level virtualisation.

On the XBOX and Switch, I just plug it directly into the console/controller itself. On my PC I either use the mixamp, my zen dac, or just by plugging it directly into my PC via the mic/audio splitter.

Like I say, the LCD GX is my daily driver for both games and music and I love it. It always sounds great whatever I throw at it which is what makes it perfect for me because I have such a diverse array of devices and applications where I want to use it.

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #6,789 of 7,191
Why would you need Audeze to make a dac/amp to try the LCD-GX?

The LCD GX can be driven just fine for through the jack on the controller (really not bad at all).
If you want a dedicated dac, you can use something like the schitt hel 2.

I use the LCD GX as my daily headphone for gaming and on PS5 I hook it up through the Astro Mixamp Pro TR
https://www.astrogaming.com/en-gb/products/mixamps/mixamp-tr-gen-4.html

I wouldn't recommend that over the Schit Hel 2 based on what I've read, but it's what I already had and it has it's own 5.1 virtual surround implementation via Dolby which was especially valuable on PS4 and PS3 where there was no system-level virtualisation.

On the XBOX and Switch, I just plug it directly into the console/controller itself. On my PC I either use the mixamp, my zen dac, or just by plugging it directly into my PC via the mic/audio splitter.

Like I say, the LCD GX is my daily driver for both games and music and I love it. It always sounds great whatever I throw at it which is what makes it perfect for me because I have such a diverse array of devices and applications where I want to use it.
The Xbox controller has really loose 3.5mm connections. Every headset I connected to it would just crackle constantly. Works better on Ps5 controller which had no such issues. You also don't get much volume out of the controllers, and if you get something like the Hel 2 you'll have issues using the mic in some situations

Overall when it comes to multiple console gaming you're kinda out of luck when it comes to something that works great. Theres always a compromise somewhere

Jun 27, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #6,790 of 7,191
The Xbox controller has really loose 3.5mm connections. Every headset I connected to it would just crackle constantly. Works better on Ps5 controller which had no such issues. You also don't get much volume out of the controllers, and if you get something like the Hel 2 you'll have issues using the mic in some situations

Overall when it comes to multiple console gaming you're kinda out of luck when it comes to something that works great. Theres always a compromise somewhere

I've honestly never encountered that issue. If anything I think the audio quality is a little better than when plugged into a Dualsense.

I'm using an XBOX ONE Elite Series 2, if that matters. Obviously the build is a little different, there's more metal in the series 2 controller but I wouldn't think the headphone jack is much different.

I don't really feel like I experience any major compromises using the LCD GX on every device I own. The only device I would say that has a minor issue is the Switch, when plugged directly into the Switch it feels difficult to hit the very loud volumes. But I think that's a reasonable compromise for a portable device, and I don't use the headphones on Switch often because they're open back. I usually default back to my Beyerdynamic 700 Pro X's for Switch because they're closed.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #6,791 of 7,191
How was the Epos H3 Pro Hybrid? One of my kids “borrowed” my Mobius and so far all efforts to re-gain possession have been unsuccessful.

I just need something for work calls, light gaming and decent music. I have plenty of better headphones for critical listening, so I’d be satisfied with sound quality equivalent to something simple like HD560S or Drop P38X.

@Mad Lust Envy is there a technical reason the Penrose graphic EQ can’t be added to the Mobius? It would be so nice to be able to set more custom sound profiles.
The Mobius uses an older chipset, and was more limited in what could be implemented vs the Penrose which uses a newer chipset. Keep in mind the Mobius and Penrose may look alike and share similar drivers, but their chipset and use case are completely different.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #6,792 of 7,191
Well, I'm going to be sending back the Penrose. Comfort is just not there for me especially as a gaming headset, and I see those connection issues people have. I'm returning the Steel Series as well cuz the audio quality is a bummer.

Jul 3, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #6,793 of 7,191
Hey @Audeze, ever since I’ve moved from Poland to Switzerland my Penrose X became virtually unusable: the signal is so bad that I almost get no sound. Is there a way to get a replacement dongle and an official service for the headset in Switzerland?

Jul 3, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #6,794 of 7,191
Hey @Audeze, ever since I’ve moved from Poland to Switzerland my Penrose X became virtually unusable: the signal is so bad that I almost get no sound. Is there a way to get a replacement dongle and an official service for the headset in Switzerland?
How could moving house change connectivity? That would suggest some Bluetooth it wireless interference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back