Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
May 22, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #6,740 of 7,191
Look at my previous post. Im also in europa, so why no america? :) i bought it from wicked cushions and they fit amazing. Also the sound is still real good
Because it adds $17 shipping + customs, and we do have places like Amazon.de with free shipping and no customs.

Wicked Cushions is in Amazon.de, but for some reason they don't ship to Finland. This is very rare to see, and I don't know why. If seller was Amazon they would.

Last edited:
May 23, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #6,741 of 7,191
@Audeze When do you think we will get an update to fix the app reporting the wrong remaining battery, you have to disconnect and reconnect to get the right value before it trails off again.
It was intended to address this in a future update (but I have no info on this at the moment, as the software team is located overseas, and are currently dealing with real world issues which is delaying such things). In the meantime you should be able to get a correct readout of your Penrose battery level by disabling charging.

To disable charging, please hold down the Headphone Volume Wheel until a voice cue confirms "Charging Off." HQ will then read battery level and re-enable charging.

To manually enable charging again, simply restart the headphone.

FYI: HQ reads battery level when first connected, and then every five minutes thereafter. Each time it reads battery level, it will re-enable charging.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
May 29, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #6,743 of 7,191
Does anyone use their Penrose with a Android mobile phone? I've found that since my phone has updated to Android 12 I don't get any audio over BT anymore. I can still hear the ring tone when a call is coming in but once I answer I can't hear the other person. Also I can't hear music from any apps anymore.

Tried re-pairing and clearing the Google playstore data but just can't get them to work anymore.

May 30, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #6,746 of 7,191
I was thinking of the same, my issue with the Audeze is purely comfort (Ive changed the pads, loosen the clamp, and added pads to the headband) and they are not usable for me for more than 2hrs.

In where I live purchase are final and we do not have any returns policy unless it is defective.

May 30, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #6,747 of 7,191
I bought those to replace my Penrose - will miss the audio quality (although the SS are far, far better then expected), but for comfort, battery and range (which are all important in my daily usage) the SS are leagues ahead.
Maybe a dumb question. Does the screen on the base stay on or does it turn off when the headset is off?

May 31, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #6,749 of 7,191
I bought those to replace my Penrose - will miss the audio quality (although the SS are far, far better then expected), but for comfort, battery and range (which are all important in my daily usage) the SS are leagues ahead.

wired or wireless? have you used it? ps5? what about the sound? any high pitch like penrose? volume wheel should be amazing not like penrose
The Techne is going to upload the wireless version video today and next video vs penrose i think

May 31, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #6,750 of 7,191
wired or wireless? have you used it? ps5? what about the sound? any high pitch like penrose? volume wheel should be amazing not like penrose
The Techne is going to upload the wireless version video today and next video vs penrose i think
Wireless, used on laptop, PS5 and Xbox. No high pitch sound, but obviously some background noise when Transparency Mode on, pretty much silent without it on. Volume stages much smaller so adjustments easier - can also use the volume control on the base station for subtle changes when it's close enough.

Don't want to derail this thread too much but overall - they tick so many boxes. Audio quality (especially for music) would still go to the Penrose though but the SS are far better than I thought and I actually find directional cues better on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back