Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Apr 20, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #6,721 of 7,191
@Audeze are you going to leave the new voice cue (mixed wireless + BT) as it is (i.e. half baked) or is a fw update still on the radar ? To me, leaving it as is is the same as saying that this device won't get any more fixes.
I did make new voice prompts, which I have submitted to the software engineering team. Firmware updates tend to be a bit more involved than just submitting one for voice changes, but I will bring it up next time I speak with them. I know they're extremely busy with other much more pressing matters, so I can't say that this can be done in record time, but believe me that it has been submitted and requested.

Edit: Note, this is just on my end, and I'm not fully up to date on whether we plan on future updates at the moment.

I would logically surmise that voice prompts are not something worth diverting resources for, unless it was accompanied with big changes/fixes.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #6,724 of 7,191
I really love these headphones... sounds great for music, movies, is very comfortable and the mic is good for meetings for WFH. The only downside and it's a pretty big one is the sound stage and positioning in competitive gaming. Everything is squashed together and I can't pinpoint where my opponents are half the time. My logitech G533 or Hifiman HE6SE does a way better job.

Apr 29, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #6,725 of 7,191
I really love these headphones... sounds great for music, movies, is very comfortable and the mic is good for meetings for WFH. The only downside and it's a pretty big one is the sound stage and positioning in competitive gaming. Everything is squashed together and I can't pinpoint where my opponents are half the time. My logitech G533 or Hifiman HE6SE does a way better job.
Yep I agree it is super hard to hear which direction things are coming from. Half the time I am saying, "There are people above us..., or maybe they are below...".

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #6,726 of 7,191
Thats why I am pretty unhappy with my Penrose playing Warzone. Also because I am coming from my dead Arctis wireless pro which was leagues ahead in that area

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #6,728 of 7,191
Mine broke... I have never dropped it. 😢

penrose-broken.jpeg

May 17, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #6,732 of 7,191
My headset wont charge anymore. But when i put the headset via usb to my pc it overloads my usb port .Is there a way to revert to previous update. Since i think its becoz of last update my headset wont charge anymore. I am on version 0.1.12 Penrose X xbox version

May 20, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #6,735 of 7,191
That sounds like an issue with the in game audio settings, not the Penrose. The Penrose can only output what is being fed to it, so check your game settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back