Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Mar 31, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #5,659 of 7,191
Lucky for you. I was told that now that they got my returned headset in-hand, I'll have mine processed by sales in for shipment within "1-2 weeks." Given that the end-of-February firmware update still isn't out yet, I don't have hopes that I'll have a replacement within a month. Now I see the post where CS told another customer that they aren't due for 3 weeks.

I should have been clearer on the timeline or asked for a cross-ship, but I gave too much weight to a replacement being shipped out "ASAP," according to CS.
I love using ASAP when I'm not entirely sure. Just means as soon as possible so you can't get on my case about it if its not possible.

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #5,661 of 7,191
ugh, this sucks. The pc is recognizing the headset, its just the audeze app that isnt. I have noticed the mic did sound a little better and clearer but my $2.99 amazon one is still the winner.

I was able to separately control the bluetooth and wireless volumes but it didnt make sense really. If I used the wheel on the headphone it showed the volume going up on my phone but it didnt actually and only controller the wireless volume, then I could lower the volume on my phone itself to balance it to wherever I wanted.

Also preset's were not saving no matter what I tried (maybe part of that erratic statement in the email?)

Side note - anyone checking out the new Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal wireless headphones for xbox/pc? (I'm waiting for some reviews personally)
What Amazon mic are you using with the Penrose?

Mar 31, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #5,662 of 7,191
What Amazon mic are you using with the Penrose?
I tested both an antlion modmic and this cheapo one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087T3GW9C

Cheapo one sounds better than the stock one. I also think the antlion and cheapo one sound better not going through this headset at all so it is doing some filtering to it no matter what mic you plugin. The amazon mic will reduce the mic monitoring even further though due to the nature of where its grabbing your voice from unless you put it on your mouth. I prefer a high level mic monitoring but that's a whole other story at the moment...at least my friends say I don't sound like I have a sock in my mouth.

Mar 31, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #5,663 of 7,191
I tested both an antlion modmic and this cheapo one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087T3GW9C

Cheapo one sounds better than the stock one. I also think the antlion and cheapo one sound better not going through this headset at all so it is doing some filtering to it no matter what mic you plugin. The amazon mic will reduce the mic monitoring even further though due to the nature of where its grabbing your voice from unless you put it on your mouth. I prefer a high level mic monitoring but that's a whole other story at the moment...at least my friends say I don't sound like I have a sock in my mouth.
Not sure if you mentioned this before but have you checked that your mic is facing the right way?

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #5,667 of 7,191
I've always found PS Spotify audio quality to be awful compared to Spotify on any other device. Not sure if the PS5 has improved things but it was dreadful on the PS4 Pro I had.
Saw this on another forum:

But, I was listening to different songs on Spotify on my computer and PS5 and I'm confident that the issue on the Playstation app is Volume Normalization, not bitrate. Compared to my PC, music on the PS5 Spotify app sounds extremely compressed and not nearly as dynamic as on my computer. Also looked on Reddit and saw many different PS4 users were having the same problem with audio normalization (quiet parts getting louder, loud parts getting quieter). Everyone who listens to music extensively knows audio normalization is bad for sound quality overall.

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #5,668 of 7,191
Not sure if you mentioned this before but have you checked that your mic is facing the right way?
yes, even tried without the wind cover. My best results have been with it angled just below my mouth, above my chin but it always sounds weird on the s words like I have a hiss in my voice. That goes away completely with the cheapo mic or the modmic.

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #5,669 of 7,191
yes, even tried without the wind cover. My best results have been with it angled just below my mouth, above my chin but it always sounds weird on the s words like I have a hiss in my voice. That goes away completely with the cheapo mic or the modmic.
have you tried making it further away from your mouth and facing the mic upwards? thats what work for me

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #5,670 of 7,191
to my PC, music on the PS5 Spotify app sounds extremely compressed and not nearly as dynamic as on my computer. Also looked on Reddit and saw many different PS4 users were having the same problem with audio normalization (quiet parts getting louder, loud parts getting quieter). Everyone who listens to music extensively k

do you know if that is with 3D audio processing turned on or off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back