Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Mar 29, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #5,626 of 7,191
weird, I was able to verify the 0.1.7 firmware when I plugged it into pc after doing the mobile update, but after turning the headset off/on its no longer detected as others have said. Also, I've never had the "3 steps of volume" problem before but now I do over bluetooth...I'm usually listening to music 1-2 notches from max, now I'm at 32% per the app and cant go much higher as its TOO loud.

Mar 29, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #5,627 of 7,191
Im not complaining, just pointing out the issue with the device no longer detecting on the windows app after the update.
Which this is big because when they reschedule the beta to be sent out again our windows program won't recognize our headset to install. And the Android app only half works so who knows if the firmware part will work.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #5,629 of 7,191
So, audeze hq is constantly crashing on my pc. Sometimes I get into the app but when I click something my pc get's a blackscreen for about 2 seconds and it comes back with the pop-up for display port 1and the app is shut down. Anybody else?
I've reinstalled several times, but didn't help.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #5,630 of 7,191
Updated through phone and got stuck on 0.1.7 with no new features as well, phone app errors out and suggests resetting headset, while pc app isn't recognizing it at all. Hope we get this resolved soon, probably just a matter of app update to recognize the borked firmware.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #5,633 of 7,191
Yeah, hope they fix the headset not being properly recognized by HQ. Going to be a pain to try to update the firmware.
I mean if it's not being recognized by the pc I'm not sure how they can even push the update to us unless they can adjust something with audeze hq to get it to recognize.

Edit: well my fears were realized. They can't fix them. We have to send them in for replacement. Just got an email stating as such.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #5,634 of 7,191
In case anyone wants to see the aforementioned email:

Hello All

Thank you once again for helping us beta test our firmware, and I apologize for the trouble with that update process. While we have figured out the cause of the issue, and are working on a better way to implement beta tests in the future.

The unfortunate casualty of this test is that for those who were able to update to 0.1.7 in the Android app, the updater did not properly function and your headphones may now function erratically, and aren't recognized in HQ.

We don't have a way to revert these changes at the moment, so we're going to have to get replacement units out to those affected and get your old units back in for reprogramming. To get that started, I will need some information. Please reply to this email directly with the following info as soon as possible:

First and last name:
Current shipping address:
Phone:

Headphone's serial number:

The serial number can be found on the sticker at the bottom of the retail box following the letters "SN", and will be formatted similar to this but may have different number/letter combinations: LBAHAYxxxxxx

In case you no longer have the box, the number is also on a sticker underneath the right earpad, which can be removed by squeezing the side tabs together and pulling the entire earpad assembly off. (To replace the earpad, just line it up and press down until it clicks into place.)

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #5,635 of 7,191
ugh, this sucks. The pc is recognizing the headset, its just the audeze app that isnt. I have noticed the mic did sound a little better and clearer but my $2.99 amazon one is still the winner.

I was able to separately control the bluetooth and wireless volumes but it didnt make sense really. If I used the wheel on the headphone it showed the volume going up on my phone but it didnt actually and only controller the wireless volume, then I could lower the volume on my phone itself to balance it to wherever I wanted.

Also preset's were not saving no matter what I tried (maybe part of that erratic statement in the email?)

Side note - anyone checking out the new Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal wireless headphones for xbox/pc? (I'm waiting for some reviews personally)

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #5,636 of 7,191
Yeah it sucks, but it shouldn't be too bad of a process for me as they are based an hour away from me. I've had a pretty good experience up until recently anyways, been having moments where my headsets starts crackling and the dongle drops connection for half a second. Anyways, I have my old M40x's so I have something to get me by while I wait.

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #5,637 of 7,191
Yeah it sucks, but it shouldn't be too bad of a process for me as they are based an hour away from me. I've had a pretty good experience up until recently anyways, been having moments where my headsets starts crackling and the dongle drops connection for half a second. Anyways, I have my old M40x's so I have something to get me by while I wait.
Have they emailed you back after you gave them your info? Do they send us the new ones first then we send them our old ones? That would be nice to have happen.

Mar 30, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #5,639 of 7,191
They are not asking for any credit card info...That doesn't seem likely as any time I've gone through those type of advanced replacements you usually have to get your credit card info to them before they ship in case you don't return them they process the full charge and not just a hold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back