Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Jan 29, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #4,861 of 7,191
I have a couple of friends having trouble connecting it to their android phones what could this be? It connects by Bluetooth but the app just shows nothing connected
That are probably better off raising a ticket. I'd Uninstaller and reinstall the app, reset the phone and if that still doesn't work raise a ticket. Could be a lot of things with android, the version, what model /brand of phone, etc

Jan 29, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #4,863 of 7,191
Redscape Audio
i tried thier demo its good, but i think maybe cause my ears the front left and right and centers in like in the middle of my head but the rears pulls it back so its working, i wanted to make it shift more to the front so its convincing, does buying the software give more control like if i wanted the fronts to move more forward?

thies only one headset before that work for me like the fronts are coming infront of me before it was a old wired logitech G35 and its 7.1 was working on my ears was so amazed before that time, it already broke into pieces sadly hahaha

since then none 3D heasets ive tried gave me that experience where the front sound stage was really infront of me and the rears where really coming from the back, been looking for something similar or it was just luck that my ears agreed and was tricked by that model

ive tried the windows DTS:headphone X and Atmos with penrose, but the front seem to be stuck in the middle of my head or near to the eyes thats the furthest it will go , but the rear will go back further behind my head and the left and right surround is like behind my ears, is thier a control thier to shift everything forward

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #4,864 of 7,191
The Redscape software can adjust the stereo spread of speakers, it also lets you adjust head width and ear height. The room size lets you adjust the distance between the speakers and your ears, which I believe you'll make good use of.

You can more or less fine tune how it sounds since we all hear differently.

its a lot like Audeze Mobius in this regard.

It'd be nice if Waves NX had the same amount of functionality as it does on the Mobius. Kinda odd that it doesn't.

Penrose works very well with Redscape too.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #4,865 of 7,191
About the microphone. Last night my buddies told me that now my voice couldn't sound any better. It sounds great now. So what has happened? One change I've made has been that I placed the mic far down and side of my mouth. So that is well below my chin. Other thing is that now we used Xbox's own chat party function and not the game's one. Sadly usually we can't because we crossplay. I think this made the biggest change as before when my voice has been good we have always used xbox party function and it has never sounded good in game chat. Xbox party has a lot better voice quality compared to game chat. So maybe the compression in game chat wrecks Penrose X's sound for some reason.

Bad news is that I was running out battery so I plugged in USB C to charge the headphones while using them and I can confirm this isn't possible at the moment. My friends heard hum all the time. But lucky for me the battery didn't run out but this is an issue that is quite bad. I don't have the same problem with my Mobius so it's not just a grounding problem.

I'm still quite happy as I'm also pleased with the sound quality. I don't think these sound so exceptional when I'm playing Call of Duty but these headphones sound just amazing when listening music. Like playing games I feel like these are really good for the 300 euros but there is still room for more expensive headphones to sound even better. But listening music makes me feel like there just can't be that much better headphones that I would pay extra 2 or 3 hundred euros for them. And some just pay extra 1000 euros for headphones.

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #4,866 of 7,191
SO, I get my pair 3 day ago and I must say I love them.
I use them with my xbox series x (90% of time)

Sound is Cristal clear and together with EQ presets I have all I need.

My friends says I sound like in sound studio or like a radio speaker - very High-end quality mic - they say.

No a single connection issue and the range is quite long.

Mic monitoring works great and Mic EQ presets is uncommon feature and together with Xbox series x application + battery level indicator (both on xbox and mobile phone) makes these headset awesome and if we add very simple control (master volume and game/chat mic) we have a unique device.

Oh, you just read a nice review of a pair of headset you always wanted to have, but these are not Penrose (which is a trash in my opinion), these are Razer Kaira Pro.

Works perfectly, no issues, outstanding sound and mic quality, custom presets. Xbox app, mic monitoring, battery level indicator, up to 20h battery life.

Edit:
Oh, and 50% price (compared to Penrose).

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #4,867 of 7,191
About the microphone. Last night my buddies told me that now my voice couldn't sound any better. It sounds great now. So what has happened? One change I've made has been that I placed the mic far down and side of my mouth. So that is well below my chin. Other thing is that now we used Xbox's own chat party function and not the game's one. Sadly usually we can't because we crossplay. I think this made the biggest change as before when my voice has been good we have always used xbox party function and it has never sounded good in game chat. Xbox party has a lot better voice quality compared to game chat. So maybe the compression in game chat wrecks Penrose X's sound for some reason.

Bad news is that I was running out battery so I plugged in USB C to charge the headphones while using them and I can confirm this isn't possible at the moment. My friends heard hum all the time. But lucky for me the battery didn't run out but this is an issue that is quite bad. I don't have the same problem with my Mobius so it's not just a grounding problem.

I'm still quite happy as I'm also pleased with the sound quality. I don't think these sound so exceptional when I'm playing Call of Duty but these headphones sound just amazing when listening music. Like playing games I feel like these are really good for the 300 euros but there is still room for more expensive headphones to sound even better. But listening music makes me feel like there just can't be that much better headphones that I would pay extra 2 or 3 hundred euros for them. And some just pay extra 1000 euros for headphones.

Feedback can occur depending on where you plug into power. Try a different outlet or, even better, use a portable battery. When I plug into my laptop usb-c I get feedback. When I plug into my caldigit hub I don't get feedback.

I set my headset mic to max volume. moved my mic away a bit, and set the warzone mic to 200.

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #4,868 of 7,191
I've logged a few days of solid use with the X now and have very little to complain about. I'm still amazed at the sheer volume these things can get up to while retaining remarkable clarity, and from a comfort perspective have found that they've loosened up quite substantially (to the point where they feel very similar to my 2 year old Mobius now).

The only nag I have is that I have been hearing fairly subtle "ticks" or "pops" on a semi-regular basis. They aren't really audible when there's a lot going on but in quieter moments it can be more obvious, and I'm assuming this is a little bit of 2.4 ghz interference with the dongle. I haven't had any significant connection issues yet (eg. I've never had the headset go "Connected" during use, or had any major drop-outs), but I'm hoping this is something they can maybe smooth out with a future firmware update.

Jan 30, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #4,869 of 7,191
Hi @Audeze

Just cross-posting here from the Mobius thread
I've looked everywhere for accessories for the Penrose here in UK or indeed anywhere in Europe and cannot find either the semi-hard case or the Gel-filled earpads. indeed, even regular earpads. Do you have plans to restart your production runs or when these earpads inevitably wear out in a couple of years time will my headset need to be binned?

Also if you get a chance please see my post a bit further up. Thank you

chris

We thought there will be more interest in it as well, but were also surprised that very few people wanted the gel ear-pads. We will do a survey of our existing customers to see if there is interest.

Jan 30, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #4,870 of 7,191
Our original design had the chat mix as the primary and volume gain as click+ rotate. In our beta testing, everyone complained and we swapped it. Now it seems everyone wants it the other way. Maybe we should do a poll before changing them back again.

I adjust the chat mix frequently. I rarely need to adjust the mic volume. Warzone gets loud during the warm-up and the drop. I can't hear my teammates, so I turn the dial toward chat. After that, it's much quieter and I want more game in the mix to hear footsteps.

When I adjust the chat with the click+turn method I notice in the Windows app that I almost always inadvertently adjust the mic volume while I'm adjusting the chat mix. It's very difficult to hold and turn.

I would prefer to click and release the dial to change which feature I'm adjusting, like this...

-Click and release dial, the voice says "mic", turn the dial to adjust mic.
-Click and release dial, the voice says "chat", turn the dial to adjust chat.

Dial stays in whichever mode was previously used.

Jan 30, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #4,872 of 7,191
Arctis 7p or Penrose, vhat' to do.

The 7p's supposedly have better 3D Audio, they're more comfortable, have better wireless connectivity and dont suffer from floor noise, crackling or drop outs when it range and I'd be saving $200....But the Penrose has the edge in overall sound quality it seems. Anybody have experience with both?

Jan 30, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #4,873 of 7,191

The 7p's supposedly have better 3D Audio, they're more comfortable, have better wireless connectivity and dont suffer from floor noise, crackling or drop outs when it range and I'd be saving $200....But the Penrose has the edge in overall sound quality it seems. Anybody have experience with both?
The 7p is stereo. It has no 3D audio.

Jan 30, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #4,874 of 7,191

I bought a 7p top composure directly to Penrose. And although it was much more durable and comfortable I ultimately could not get the sound anywhere near the Penrose, even with messing with the eq on pc. But it might not seem that big of a difference to you. If you have somewhere with free returns give it a go. The arctis pro has a bigger range of eq settings (the 7p is only 5 band) I think the pro is 10 band, so that might be able to be dialed in better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back